Seems Moffi will be heading to Olympique Marseille

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Seems Moffi will be heading to Olympique Marseille

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Good move. Moffi might turn out to be a better version of Lukaku. He's fast,powerful, skilful and has good football iq.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

That would be a great move.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I'm reading that Moffi prefers Nice to Marseille, I wonder if he has been given guarantees by Nice which Marseille have been unable to give.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:00 am I'm reading that Moffi prefers Nice to Marseille, I wonder if he has been given guarantees by Nice which Marseille have been unable to give.
Imagine choosing Nice (a mid table team) over a top 3 team in Ligue 1 and champions league regulars like Marseille? I would expect Moffi to be smarter than that.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:03 am
Dammy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:00 am I'm reading that Moffi prefers Nice to Marseille, I wonder if he has been given guarantees by Nice which Marseille have been unable to give.
Imagine choosing Nice (a mid table team) over a top 3 team in Ligue 1 and champions league regulars like Marseille? I would expect Moffi to be smarter than that.
At this stage of his career, the boy needs to be playing regularly. If he feels Marseille want him as a backup striker, then I won’t blame him if he turns them down.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The situation is getting ridiculous! Bamba Dieng who is supposed to move to Lorient from Marseille as part of the deal is already waiting for the go ahead to undergo his medicals while Moffi has not yet agreed to the transfer
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The situation is getting ridiculous! Bamba Dieng who is supposed to move to Lorient from Marseille as part of the deal is already waiting for the go ahead to undergo his medicals while Moffi has not yet agreed to the transfer
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:55 pm The situation is getting ridiculous! Bamba Dieng who is supposed to move to Lorient from Marseille as part of the deal is already waiting for the go ahead to undergo his medicals while Moffi has not yet agreed to the transfer
We don't know what devil is in the detail.
For all we know, the offer might contain unacceptable personal terms.
A lot goes into those transfer contracts. Its not just about the fee and the team.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Latest report is that Moffi has turned down Marseille and prefers to go to Nice
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:17 pm Latest report is that Moffi has turned down Marseille and prefers to go to Nice

I wonder why. Money, starting position or something else. Cant be location, as both have beaches.

Marseille is in 3rd and fighting for CL, while Nice is in 10th.
Last edited by danfo driver on Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bush boy, come and explain what's happening with your boy o!
I am happy
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:29 am
At this stage of his career, the boy needs to be playing regularly. If he feels Marseille want him as a backup striker, then I won’t blame him if he turns them down.
Well said. Champions league is good but it's not everything. Most of these mid-level teams are out after the group stages. Imagine signing for a team that is in the CL for the exposure and don't get much game time. It's possible Marseille wants him as a backup while Nice is willing for him to be a starter.

Besides, the family that owns Nice are loaded and they are willing to spend. I think Nice will be the next Newcastle. Newcastle on the other hand are trying to be the next Manchester City.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:28 pm
Well said. Champions league is good but it's not everything. Most of these mid-level teams are out after the group stages. Imagine signing for a team that is in the CL for the exposure and don't get much game time. It's possible Marseille wants him as a backup while Nice is willing for him to be a starter.

Besides, the family that owns Nice are loaded and they are willing to spend. I think Nice will be the next Newcastle. Newcastle on the other hand are trying to be the next Manchester City.
Quite a lot of assumptions and conjecture here. When you are done, let us know :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Moffi will not be going to any club in France as a "backup" other than PSG.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:21 pm

Quite a lot of assumptions and conjecture here. When you are done, let us know :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: conversation will be boring without assumptions. But for real, no one truly knows why Moffi has his heart set on Nice. He might just like Nice because of their jersey :D
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:33 am

We pray. But money talks in the end. I never thought Ronaldo will be playing in the Saudi league while still having something left in the tank.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:45 pm

We pray. But money talks in the end. I never thought Ronaldo will be playing in the Saudi league while still having something left in the tank.
Ronaldo has been DONE for a while bro, so his move to Saudi wasn't particularly surprising.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:22 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:45 pm

Ronaldo has been DONE for a while bro, so his move to Saudi wasn't particularly surprising.
Ronaldo is not what he used to be but he can still ball. Did you see him hustling and passing the ball in his first game for Al Nassr? His problem is that he refuses to be a team player and whines when he gets substituted. Other than switching from a winger to a striker, the guy refuses to adapt to the needs of his team. He doesn't hustle or tackle and wants to play 90 mins hanging In the penalty box all game. Tell me Ronaldo can't play AM or CM?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:43 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:21 pm

:rotf: :rotf: conversation will be boring without assumptions. But for real, no one truly knows why Moffi has his heart set on Nice. He might just like Nice because of their jersey :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: abi?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I hope this is not another tug of war between Nigerian agents over money.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

No Moffi sighting in Lorient game going on now.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:16 pm No Moffi sighting in Lorient game going on now.
I am truly praying for the kid sha. Scored 12 goals, was doing well and then he got named to the cursed "bushmen" list and since then, there has been confusion in his life. Its truly truly sad! For someone on this forum to be using the lives of young men as sacrifice for his own benefit is deeply disturbing and its time the moderators stand up and do the right thing! :-x