CD crisis is here.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
CD crisis is here.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/03/ ... game-time/

We don’t have a CD playing regularly anywhere in Europe with the exception of Troost who’s currently injured. They’re all deep bench warmers who’re probably surplus to requirement for their clubs.Bassey was a regular for Ajax but it seems like the bench has caught up to him too. Awaziem can’t even start in Croatia. What to do now? I say we should look at bringing OLISA Ndah along faster. We’re in Okro soup in this dept.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pindal123
Egg
Egg
Re: CD crisis is here.

Post by pindal123 »

Adarabioyo decided to represent Nigeria at international level. so we will have a great CD.
As i already saied there is also Ajayi, who is recovering from injury, and i hope that he will get regular play time.
Anyway i agree on bringing in Olisa Ndah .
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pindal123 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:00 pm Adarabioyo decided to represent Nigeria at international level. so we will have a great CD.
As i already saied there is also Ajayi, who is recovering from injury, and i hope that he will get regular play time.
Great? :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:36 pm
pindal123 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:00 pm Adarabioyo decided to represent Nigeria at international level. so we will have a great CD.
He is better than any other defender we have.
He is good in the air, strong, and has also playmaker abilities, that is very useful nowdays.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Akpoguma starts regularly for Hoffenheim and Bassey has regained his starting position at Ajax.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The U20 CB pairing Ogwuche and Benjamin Fredericks ars good enough prospects to have on the bench for depth at the very least.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:18 pm The U20 CB pairing Ogwuche and Benjamin Fredericks ars good enough prospects to have on the bench for depth at the very least.
Training yes, bench no. There’re not even pro players yet.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:28 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:18 pm The U20 CB pairing Ogwuche and Benjamin Fredericks ars good enough prospects to have on the bench for depth at the very least.
They both are pro players Ogwuche in the Swedish 2nd Division and Fredrick with Nasarawa UTD in the NPFL, so it'd make more sense if they were drafted to the U23's before we even talk about the SE.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:42 pm
They both are pro players Ogwuche in the Swedish 2nd Division and Fredrick with Nasarawa UTD in the NPFL, so it'd make more sense if they were drafted to the U23's before we even talk about the SE.
How many of our current players in the senior NT went through the whole youth system of U17- U23 before becoming established players?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:11 pm
How many of our current players in the senior NT went through the whole youth system of U17- U23 before becoming established players?
Google.com can answer that question for you, But i'll help you with one: Victor Osimhen :wink:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:14 pm
Google.com can answer that question for you, But i'll help you with one: Victor Osimhen :wink:
I was expecting a LIST :lol:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:40 pm
Sounds like a YOU problem. If you don't know then find out. Google is a very good tool for that :thumb:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

I might be wrong but I believe the only defender in the SE current talent pool that has actually played a game for SE and was part of our youth system is Omeruo. That is an abysmal record. It means we haven’t produced any defensive talent in our youth system in over a decade. I did not include defenders who played for SE in the bi-annual Mexico estacode jamboree.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

if you jokers and i am pointing directly at the abroad recruits entourage , had any sense you losers won't even show up.. you jokers were or are the same ones running up and down with a pathetic london based scout using power points and youtube to flood the SE with junks ..today your daft excuses are to blame our youth system . You people focused on recruiting left overs and today we failed woefully in AFCON and the playoffs...shame , shame shame

Now the losers are shouting no SE defenders from u17, 20s, u23s all the way to the Se

we once went 3 years without losing a singles game against any CAF team and went 19 matches unbeaten under Keshi
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pindal123 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:59 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:36 pm
As i already :???: saied there is also Ajayi, who is recovering from injury, and i hope that he will get regular play time.
He is better than any other defender we have.
He is good in the air, strong, and has also playmaker abilities, that is very useful nowdays.
Sure that could all be true, but Great…come onnnn
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:59 pm
Sounds like a YOU problem. If you don't know then find out. Google is a very good tool for that :thumb:
Unfortunately your reasoning is not only inflexible, but also fundamentally flawed and in dire straits. I belong to the modern day school of thought that gives every player who has proven to be good enough on a consistently logical basis a fair chance at showing his/her quality at the senior level, while you're stuck in the archaic notion that the said player has to go through some systematically laborious youth system riddled with corruption and lack of effective player development programs before certified ready ...logic and common sense shows the senior NT is seriously lacking in options and depth when it comes to center-backs, now we've seen two promising prospects in Ogwuche and Benjamin Frederick...why not give the pair a chance instead of calling up unknown prospects playing second division football in some rubbish league in Europe? but apparently you're stuck in your ways...slow, rigid and unnecessarily traditional for the modern game!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:07 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/03/ ... game-time/

We don’t have a CD playing regularly anywhere in Europe with the exception of Troost who’s currently injured. They’re all deep bench warmers who’re probably surplus to requirement for their clubs.Bassey was a regular for Ajax but it seems like the bench has caught up to him too. Awaziem can’t even start in Croatia. What to do now? I say we should look at bringing OLISA Ndah along faster. We’re in Okro soup in this dept.
On the topic of CD's playing regularly
Bassey is back in the starting XI for Ajax and has gone on to put up MOTM performances in recent weeks
Awaziem has started the majority of games he has been available for his club in Croatia who are only 2nd to Dinamo Zagreb. Olisa Ndah is back from his lengthy injury spell. Igoh Ogbu (U20 2019) Is starting for Slavia Prague who are top of the Czech league and Bruno Onyemaechi is starting for Boavista in Portugal :thumb:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:37 pm

Unfortunately your reasoning is not only inflexible, but also fundamentally flawed and in dire straits. I belong to the modern day school of thought that gives every player who has proven to be good enough on a consistently logical basis a fair chance at showing his/her quality at the senior level, while you're stuck in the archaic notion that the said player has to go through some systematically laborious youth system riddled with corruption and lack of effective player development programs before certified ready ...logic and common sense shows the senior NT is seriously lacking in options and depth when it comes to center-backs, now we've seen two promising prospects in Ogwuche and Benjamin Frederick...why not give the pair a chance instead of calling up unknown prospects playing second division football in some rubbish league in Europe? but apparently you're stuck in your ways...slow, rigid and unnecessarily traditional for the modern game!
The irony!! So what consistent logical basis are you referring to? The U20 AFCON level that's light years below the senior level? Let's be serious here, if we're talking the main SE, Senior team players should be invited based on what they're doing for their club sides at the "senior" level that's literally the only logical way to judge them, not in a youth tournament against their peers. Funny thing is Ogwuche is a bench warmer in one of those second division teams in a "rubbish league", so you see how silly you sound here?

It's called natural progression, you can't fast forward development and if you do they have to be "exceptional" players not jus "good"
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:35 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:07 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/03/ ... game-time/

On the topic of CD's playing regularly
Bassey is back in the starting XI for Ajax and has gone on to put up MOTM performances in recent weeks
Awaziem has started the majority of games he has been available for his club in Croatia who are only 2nd to Dinamo Zagreb. Olisa Ndah is back from his lengthy injury spell. Igoh Ogbu (U20 2019) Is starting for Slavia Prague who are top of the Czech league and Bruno Onyemaechi is starting for Boavista in Portugal :thumb:
Outsiders looking in we have the Sweden-Based trio who all joined from an NPFL side in the last year. Tebo has been there for over a year now and is already a Swedish Champion with BK Hacken while Ibrahim and Ejeh both joined Elfsborg and Mjallby in the off season, they all aren't (yet) starters at their clubs so its left to see how they adapt.

Tebo Franklin (23)

Ibrahim Buhari (21)

Isiah Ejeh (20)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:37 pm

rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

CDs playing regularly:

Akpoguma
Awaziem
Bassey
Omeruo
Onyemaechi
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

wiseone wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:34 am CDs playing regularly:

Akpoguma
Awaziem
Bassey
Omeruo
Onyemaechi
Add Igor Ogbu as well, he has been outstanding for Slavia Prague so far.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Has Onyeamachi been playing as a CB or a LB ?