Karim Adeyemi storms Ibadan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Karim Adeyemi storms Ibadan

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The young man is fully invested in the community with his football sponsorships in Ibadan and Oyo state. Though he plays for Germany, he has shown that his heart is in the right place and we support him.
[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Karim Adeyemi storms Ibadan

Post by Tobi17 »

Even as an Igbo boy I'm proud to say I was born in Ibadan, we've produced some real ballers :clap:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:53 am Even as an Igbo boy I'm proud to say I was born in Ibadan, we've produced some real ballers :clap:
His parents are useless for forcing him to rep Germany though the kid wanted Nigeria. There’s a real chance that he might go the Nesum Onuoha route.
OCCUPY NFF!!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:57 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:53 am Even as an Igbo boy I'm proud to say I was born in Ibadan, we've produced some real ballers :clap:
His parents are useless for forcing him to rep Germany though the kid wanted Nigeria. There’s a real chance that he might go the Nesum Onuoha route.
my brother don't say that his parent is useless, look what previous and all administration[NFF OR NFA], nothing to write home about, even your self if you have a son born in Europe u will always want him to play for Europe first if is cable of being selected.
thanks
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Nigerian parents are too forceful on their kids in GENERAL.

This is not the 1960s, there are more ways to succeed in 2023 than ever before. That is actually the main problem for youths today. TOO many ways to succeed, so it creates too much anxiety about the right path.

Anyway, just about every single Nigerian footballer (Iheanacho, Ighalo etc.) had to defy one or more parents to become footballers. This is something that EII should actually look into, since he likes sports research. But I highly suspect that if it weren't for Nigerian parents, our football success would have been even greater than it has been. It is highly likely that there were players better than Kanu, Okocha, Mikel, Odegbami etc. that were forced out of football by their parents.

I get it, you want the best choice for your children, and I also get it, especially in the old days, children had to become breadwinners, and there is more risk in football relative to lets say accounting, engineering etc.

BUT that is why you give your children good advise and also build contingencies. You do not close doors for them. I also hope that CE parents reading this, take this advise on board. You find ways to minimise the risk, without actually shutting their door. This kid's parent for example could have enrolled the kid in some technical college in Munich or whatever to build a contingency. Instead parents think they have a bird's eye view of the world. NOBODY knows the world like that lol. The person that does, we call that person God.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

What does our football look like when all our players have to fight their families to play football. That means whatever our talent pool is, you have to divide it by a certain number. We might be using 70% of our talent pool or 60% or even 20%. Who knows! EII if you are reading this, please look into it. In the West they have the opposite problem. Pay to Play, a problem that causes issues in the US and in Australia for example. Here we have pay to not play lol.

Culture is a MASSIVE factor in football. It isn't just about infrastructure. It may actually be why the South East produces better footballers than the South West for example today. The South West (I suspect, no real evidence) would have more of the restrictive parenting. This is because the South West has had the longest continuous focus on education in Nigerian history. There was a time when the South East had deplorable education (if memory serves me right, it was the 1940s).The South West does seem to produce the best musicians in the country, but this could be down to the fact that music is deeply embedded in that culture, while football was inherited.

Culture is a big enough factor to derail football entirely. This is no small matter. In fact I think it is the number one issue holding football in England back. We need to change football culture in Nigeria. Can you believe in that same Ibadan I was beaten by a teacher (a certain Mr Gbenga) on Monday for playing football on a Sunday? Is that not child abuse?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

What does that mean
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:33 am The young man is fully invested in the community with his football sponsorships in Ibadan and Oyo state. Though he plays for Germany, he has shown that his heart is in the right place and we support him.
[media] [/media]
Wtf is the comedy woman on about. The poor guy is probably thinking WTf is this woman talking about
Last edited by jette1 on Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I knew you are a bonafide efulefu😀❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Don’t play with Ibadan folks. E no matter where dem born you or who u play for, the accent gives it all away.
[media] https://youtube.com/shorts/OSQXMJsjN64?feature=share[/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!