Nigeria u17 vs South Africa u17 (3-2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria u17 vs South Africa u17 (3-2)

Post by niyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:13 am Linus along with Michael are the 2 players I think have the best chance to make it at the next level. Linus,even though he’s raw as hell, has the skill set and physical attribute to be a top DM/CM. Kid has some Oliseh and Mikel in him but I think European coaches might try to turn him into a CD. Micheal just has a ridiculous left foot and he’s actually a decent defensive LB too.
I thought the central defenders and right back also looked impressive. The defensive phase of our game is mostly solid and those guys all have the potential to have great careers.

But… our defenders at U17 tournaments have not had good careers sha. To the best of my knowledge, the only defender from the U17 level in recent years with more than 10 caps for the national team is Omeruo.

In any case, I wouldn’t make any future predictions by game 3 of the U17 AFCON. I no get that kind liver.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

niyi wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:51 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:13 am Linus along with Michael are the 2 players I think have the best chance to make it at the next level. Linus,even though he’s raw as hell, has the skill set and physical attribute to be a top DM/CM. Kid has some Oliseh and Mikel in him but I think European coaches might try to turn him into a CD. Micheal just has a ridiculous left foot and he’s actually a decent defensive LB too.
I thought the central defenders and right back also looked impressive. The defensive phase of our game is mostly solid and those guys all have the potential to have great careers.

But… our defenders at U17 tournaments have not had good careers sha. To the best of my knowledge, the only defender from the U17 level in recent years with more than 10 caps for the national team is Omeruo.

In any case, I wouldn’t make any future predictions by game 3 of the U17 AFCON. I no get that kind liver.

You’re right. 90%of these players will not make it as pros if previous results are an indication of the future. However, Michael’s accuracy with his left foot is something that’s very rare in his position. Linus just looks the part and he’s not afraid to take risks, he’s also very good at passing from deep and tackling. I like both players.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Gotti wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:03 am
mcal wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:58 am
lacidi wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:16 pm Please the guys name is not Linus. He is Light Eke. His first name is Light as in sunlight.
...why did he have Linus H. on his shirt? A nickname?
Two different players…
There is Light Chijioke Eke (forward) and Hope Yusuf Linus (midfielder).

Hope uses “Linus H.” on his shirt because they’re also (Julius) Chijioke Linus on the squad.
...thanks.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:18 am

You’re right. 90%of these players will not make it as pros if previous results are an indication of the future. However, Michael’s accuracy with his left foot is something that’s very rare in his position. Linus just looks the part and he’s not afraid to take risks, he’s also very good at passing from deep and tackling. I like both players.
It's way too early to determine that percentage of players that won't make it as pros, if these kids stay together as a team and keep building under Nduka to the U20 level, several of them have the potentials to make it to the senior NT. Players like Linus, Michael, Light Eke, Lawali and a few others will definitely have scouts all over them if we make it to the WC.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:40 am

It's way too early to determine that percentage of players that won't make it as pros, if these kids stay together as a team and keep building under Nduka to the U20 level, several of them have the potentials to make it to the senior NT. Players like Linus, Michael, Light Eke, Lawali and a few others will definitely have scouts all over them if we make it to the WC.
I can’t argue statistically, but we seem to have a relatively high ROI from our youth teams in Nigeria.
But even with that, only a small %age make it to that level.
Look at that wonderful team of 2013 with Chiderah Eze, Akinjide Idowu, Musa Mohammed, Dele Alampasu, Musa Yahaya, Nwakali (snr), Godwin Saviour and several other really talented young players. All ‘disappeared’.
Only Nacho and Uzoho have really hit the SE, with Awoniyi and Success barely getting a look in.
And competition is getting higher.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Abeg has anyone made a clip /reel of that Light Eke move that hit the crossbar ? that was sumptuous.... a moment that would shine good light on that man's career.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Micheal is a decent/skilful left back, he reminds me of Celestine Babayaro at Japan 93.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

I hope we qualify for the U17 World Cup. The two tall midfielders really have something going on, even though one of them was shooting aimlessly I hope European coaches don’t convert them to defenders.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ogasir wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:26 pm I hope we qualify for the U17 World Cup. The two tall midfielders really have something going on, even though one of them was shooting aimlessly I hope European coaches don’t convert them to defenders.
You know the drill already....LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Golden Eaglets v South Africa
Algeria 2023
Extended Highlights

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Zambia vs Morocco AFCON U 17 HIGHLIGHTS . Chipolopolo shock Morocco

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

There are good talent on display here. I easily see 2 or 3 that can make it to good level.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

lacidi wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:18 pm No. 10 is an SS1 student of David Hall International College, Lagos. That makes him 14 yrs or so.
these guys look legitmately young to my eyes. That or I am getting old
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enugu II wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:52 pm
ogasir wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:26 pm I hope we qualify for the U17 World Cup. The two tall midfielders really have something going on, even though one of them was shooting aimlessly I hope European coaches don’t convert them to defenders.
Linus is a high risk for being converted into a defender. Then again given the climate seems to be shifting towards appreciating bigger / CB sized DM’s, Linus might actually be more valued as a DM.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:52 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rofiat Imuran, the U20 (now SF) left-back has been converted to a midfielder/winger at Reims (tho she’s good going forward)…
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Linus, Light, Agada, Emmanuel Michael and Hopefully Odoh. I also like the tiny #10. If they make Ugade the U20 coach they will be in good hands but if Bo$$o is still coach in 2 years time....
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ugade has been piss poor so far. You are talking from a piss poor agents perspective. Bosso's team played better.
bret- hart wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:10 pm Linus, Light, Agada, Emmanuel Michael and Hopefully Odoh. I also like the tiny #10. If they make Ugade the U20 coach they will be in good hands but if Bo$$o is still coach in 2 years time....
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I have enjoyed these kids every time I watched them play. Youthful exuberance everywhere but boy do the look well oiled. Na only goal dem no sabi score. We hope that will come as they continue to advance.