Can Nigeria win WC 2026?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Can Nigeria win WC 2026?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is very obviously a CE agent production. I suspect Tobi, Bret-Fart and even VE are behind this video. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: However, it’s well done. It states clearly what we are and what we need to do. This is pretty much what we have to do to avoid being irrelevant in African and we can actually go far in the WC if we follow this plan. Well done to whoever did this . :clap: :clap: :clap:
[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Can Nigeria win WC 2026?

Post by Damunk »

Just as important is the fact that it is a debate now worth having.
You wouldn’t have had anybody at all taking the topic seriously 20 years ago.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Start with winning the Afcon before jumping to world cup..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Of course we can do it. The players have to work like maniacs to do it though. Defending as a team will be key, which is very, very, very hard. Look at how Vinicius came back to defend the whole game against City yesterday. That is the kind of commitment I am talking about.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Purity wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:24 pm Start with winning the Afcon before jumping to world cup..
what a weak mind set. When last did Morocco win the AFCON ? 1972
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

We've got a better chance at hosting that World cup :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

We can win every World Cup :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Let's get one thing straight. If the belief is not there it will never happen. Never. There is a reason Argentina have won 6 out of 7 penalty shootouts at the WC. Love them or hate them, they believe they are better than any team they come across and they BELIEVE it is their right to win.

There is a reason only a small number of countries have won the WC. That kind of self belief does not come easy.

Wha choo looking at?!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

The question should be " Can Nigeria "qualify" for the WC 2026"
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Undertaker wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:12 pm The question should be " Can Nigeria "qualify" for the WC 2026"
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

Undertaker wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:12 pm The question should be " Can Nigeria "qualify" for the WC 2026"
Kpom.. we never fit win at home against Guinea Bissau and na World Cup we Dey discuss now.. sometimes we get too ahead of ourselves and are close to being delusional with our expectations…
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Oh boy, na belief be am oo. 80% is mindset. The rest na plan. Belief is the foundation upon which success is built.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So answer your own question nah. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gurrano wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:54 pm
Kpom.. we never fit win at home against Guinea Bissau and na World Cup we Dey discuss now.. sometimes we get too ahead of ourselves and are close to being delusional with our expectations…
So Guinea Bissau is what is affecting you now?
Seriously. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...fix your administration first and foremost.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

People,are just commenting without watching the video. Watch the video then comment.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:14 pm People,are just commenting without watching the video. Watch the video then comment.
I watched the video. Half of the players mentioned have zero interest in playing for Nigeria! The stupid video had Ighalo as a striker option in 2026!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Undertaker wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:56 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:14 pm People,are just commenting without watching the video. Watch the video then comment.
I watched the video. Half of the players mentioned have zero interest in playing for Nigeria! The stupid video had Ighalo as a striker option in 2026!
I think Ighalo was likely an error, the rest of the players mentioned is spot on.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:05 pm
Undertaker wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:56 pm
I think Ighalo was likely an error, the rest of the players mentioned is spot on.
Iwuala, Onuachu, were other junk mentioned.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

😂
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:13 am Just as important is the fact that it is a debate now worth having.
You wouldn’t have had anybody at all taking the topic seriously 20 years ago.
Damunk,

Why is the debate now worth having? Maybe, I do not understand...(1) Is it because we have a single player (1, uno...) who is among the world's best or what? REMINDER: Poland with Lewandorski has and is never near to winning a WC (2) Is it because we haver a TEAM now full of "World beaters." It is a TEAM and not INDIVIDUAL sport :huh: ? (3) Is it because Morocco reached the semi-finals of the World Cup and we think we can top that after years of failing to top what Senegal, Ghana, and Cameroon did? (4) Or is it because we now have a Manager annihilating all opponents that Nigeria faces? What really is behind the optimism? I just don't get it. May be it is easier to reach the World Cup in 2026 than ever before, right? But does not equate to winning it?

For me, Nigeria has done diddly! Nothing warranting such optimism. What exactly has Nigeria done recently, I ask? Is Nigeria now Morocco that has built its football, both men and women, in the last few years? Is Nigeria now Senegal that is clearly the most dominant African football country? Abeggi, make we first begin to work towards fighting back to the top IN AFRICA.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics