NFF Explains that Peseiro's Contract not yet expired......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF Explains that Peseiro's Contract not yet expired......

Post by Enugu II »

Peseiro’s contract runs till after AFCON – NFF
July 9, 2023 Content Administrator I Sports 0
https://www.blueprint.ng/peseiros-contr ... afcon-nff/

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have said Super Eagles coach Jose Peseiro has a contract till after the 2023 AFCON to be hosted by Cote d’Ivoire in January.

Pesiero’s initial contract ran out at the end of last month, but he remains at the post because the agreement was tied to the 2023 AFCON, which has been delayed till next year.

NFF general secretary Mohammed Sanusi said it will only be after the AFCON that the football federation will decide on the future of the Portuguese coach.

“Honestly the leadership of the football house has not held any meeting with Peseiro over his contract or extension. For now the Eagles coach has a valid contract till Nations Cup,” Sanusi told PromptNews

The top official further disclosed that it will only be after the tournament in January 2024 that a decision on the coach will be taken.

“His performance would also be assessed after the Nations Cup before opening a fresh discussion with him,” he said.

“Our focus now is to prepare the team for a super outing in Cote d’Ivoire.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF Explains that Peseiro's Contract not yet expired......

Post by ohenhen1 »

We need journalist to do a FOI request to verify the claim. Contracts should have dates. What if they postpone Afcon again ? This is the time to let Peseiro go.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

CE is now a forum of plenty JJs.. today the falcons are boycotting, tomorrow pasero has no contract..that iworo and owngoal wants to turn this place to nairaland
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The man was hired to take the team to the AFCON, not go from one meaningless date to another.

If they move AFCON, then naturally he would continue.

That is only what makes sense.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

When do the World cup qualifiers starts? The draw is on Wednesday... So Peseiro will be in charge of the qualifiers? :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:49 am When do the World cup qualifiers starts? The draw is on Wednesday... So Peseiro will be in charge of the qualifiers? :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
I feel sick 🤢.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:49 am When do the World cup qualifiers starts? The draw is on Wednesday... So Peseiro will be in charge of the qualifiers? :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
November, with 2 matches
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

There is nothing about Peseiros team that suggests we would not qualify for the WC.

Let the NFF just do their part by providing proper pitches (apparently only Uyo is CAF approved) and let Peseiro pick ALL of his players.

Hiring a new coach and starting from scratch would give me more to worry about.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

4 wins and 6 losses in 10 games speaks otherwise!
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:56 pm
There is nothing about Peseiros team that suggests we would not qualify for the WC.

Let the NFF just do their part by providing proper pitches (apparently only Uyo is CAF approved) and let Peseiro pick ALL of his players.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:57 pm 4 wins and 6 losses in 10 games speaks otherwise!

Stop including useless friendlies. You don't qualify for the world cup by winning friendlies. He's only lost 1 competitive match.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This is a waste of time. Our focus should be hiring a new coach and fixing our defense and midfield.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:09 pm This is a waste of time. Our focus should be hiring a new coach and fixing our defense and midfield.
Do you have faith in the NFF that they will fire him, resolve his contract situation or whatever they owe him as quickly as possible and hire a competent coach (Local or Foreign) before the WCQ/AFCON? Let's be real people.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:27 am The man was hired to take the team to the AFCON, not go from one meaningless date to another.

If they move AFCON, then naturally he would continue.

That is only what makes sense.
it does make sense but nff dont have sense they thief! thief!!
it does not work like that in Naija! nff trying to frustrate the man and even himself the man doesn't want to go, even they take to fifa the man will only get paid till June last month nff will say is not their fault that is postpone they will say is caf fault,nff always say they don't have money, they trying to avoid payment for him for July and august. you no see how nff they have bitten their tongues since FIFA said they will pay those Falcons direct into their account they now cancel the bonuses for Falcons because God catch those thieves, they dont nothing about football they just want to enrich themself just peakmilk did and previous ones .
thanks
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

packerland wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:22 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:09 pm This is a waste of time. Our focus should be hiring a new coach and fixing our defense and midfield.
Do you have faith in the NFF that they will fire him, resolve his contract situation or whatever they owe him as quickly as possible and hire a competent coach (Local or Foreign) before the WCQ/AFCON? Let's be real people.
I dont have faith in the current situation. I prefer to give Finidi George the job. The NFF need massive reforms like everythin in Nigeria.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If we don't make the change now. It will be too late to effect any meaningful change. There are opportunities for fiendlies in September to prepare for World cup qualifiers. If we make the change after Afcon. It will take time to appoint a new coach. That will be 2024 June in the middle of world cup qualifiers. The new coach will not have time to rebuild the team. This is the time to make the change. Unusually you need 4 years to prepare for a world cup. If Peseiro is going to stay, keep him until after the 2026 world cup. If he is not the guy. Fire him now. Don't waste time.

delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:18 pm If we don't make the change now. It will be too late to effect any meaningful change. There are opportunities for fiendlies in September to prepare for World cup qualifiers. If we make the change after Afcon. It will take time to appoint a new coach. That will be 2024 June in the middle of world cup qualifiers. The new coach will not have time to rebuild the team. This is the time to make the change. Unusually you need 4 years to prepare for a world cup. If Peseiro is going to stay, keep him until after the 2026 world cup. If he is not the guy. Fire him now. Don't waste time.
MY FRIEND, YOU KEEP ON SAYING CHANGES, IN NIGERIA? I GAVE UP LONG TIME AGO. WE ARE THE PROBLEM TO OUR SELF NO CARING WE PRACTICE JUNGLELISM SYSTEM!
thanks
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So you think his record is 3 - 1 even though he has coached 10 games? Does that make sense to even you?
Adisboy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:03 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:57 pm 4 wins and 6 losses in 10 games speaks otherwise!

Stop including useless friendlies. You don't qualify for the world cup by winning friendlies. He's only lost 1 competitive match.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:48 pm So you think his record is 3 - 1 even though he has coached 10 games? Does that make sense to even you?

We will not be playing a single team the caliber of Portugal, Ecuador, Mexico, or Algeria to qualify.

Unless we draw Ghana which is a one in nine chance.

Again, nothing from the team I have seen under Peseiro suggests we won't qualify.

In fact the biggest obstacle for our qualification is the NFF.

Focus your attention there.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are delusional. We lost to Guinea Bissau and struggled to barely beat Sierra Leone on a neutral ground and you think we can easily qualify for the World cup? You are basing your conclusion on hope, I am going by his record ... 4 wins, 6 losses!
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:54 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:48 pm So you think his record is 3 - 1 even though he has coached 10 games? Does that make sense to even you?

We will not be playing a single team the caliber of Portugal, Ecuador, Mexico, or Algeria to qualify.

Again, nothing from the team I have seen under Peseiro suggests we won't qualify.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:24 pm You are delusional. We lost to Guinea Bissau and struggled to barely beat Sierra Leone on a neutral ground and you think we can easily qualify for the World cup? You are basing your conclusion on hope, I am going by his record ... 4 wins, 6 losses!

no mind am
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:24 pm You are delusional. We lost to Guinea Bissau and struggled to barely beat Sierra Leone on a neutral ground and you think we can easily qualify for the World cup? You are basing your conclusion on hope, I am going by his record ... 4 wins, 6 losses!

The person that is delusional is yourself. You aren't making any conclusions based on sound analysis.

We lost to Guinea Bissau. It was a FLUKE. We completely dominated that match. Had we been actually outplayed then I would be worried. These things happen.

No Nigerian team has ever had it easy with Sierra Leone. You should know that. You should also know that Sierra Leone drew against both Algeria and CIV at the last Afcon. No team in Africa will have it easy with them. For you to not know this, shows your lack of knowledge concerning African football.

Also with those friendly losses, with the exception of Portugal, we were not outplayed in any of those matches. 2 of those matches were the coaches first match in charge with a squad handicapped by the NFF. You seriously need perspective.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:29 pm

The person that is delusional is yourself. You aren't making any conclusions based on sound analysis.

We lost to Guinea Bissau. It was a FLUKE. We completely dominated that match. Had we been actually outplayed then I would be worried. These things happen.

No Nigerian team has ever had it easy with Sierra Leone. You should know that. You should also know that Sierra Leone drew against both Algeria and CIV at the last Afcon. No team in Africa will have it easy with them. For you to not know this, shows your lack of knowledge concerning African football.

Also with those friendly losses, with the exception of Portugal, we were not outplayed in any of those matches. 2 of those matches were the coaches first match in charge with a squad handicapped by the NFF. You seriously need perspective.
My own is that If Peseiro gets another chance, I'll hope he takes tougher decisions and start to axe deadweights from the team ahead of the AFCON...there have been several reports that he intends to call up new players and retire some players so let's see what happens
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

CE knows I tell am like I see am. And I always give every coach a chance. I watched the Guinea Bissau game that wee lost in Nigeria. Ajayi and Bassey got the blame but it was the coach fault. The way they set up. The players didn't press. They had all day to pick the over the top pass that split the defense. I said that could be anomaly. Will give the coach another chance. Then I saw the team list. Looked at the defenders and midfield list. Realized this guy was not serious. The team defense and ymidfield was again a problem against Sierra Leone. He was fired at Venezuala because he could not elevate their game. I am not confident he can improve Nigeria. His contract has expired. Time to move on. Conduct interviews, announce the job vacancy. Establish a standard and hire based on that standard. No more failed journey men coaches. You don't fail upwards . Why is Nigeria promoting failures.