Al Hilal bid £120.3m for Napoli's Victor Osimhen | Striker offered £1m per week

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikemba
Egg
Egg
Al Hilal bid £120.3m for Napoli's Victor Osimhen | Striker offered £1m per week

Post by ikemba »

Al Hilal have made an offer worth €140m (£120.3m) to Napoli for striker Victor Osimhen, with wages on offer in the region of £1m per week.

It is thought Napoli would want more than €150m (£128.8m) to even consider selling a player who finished top of the Serie A goalscoring chart last season as they won the league title.

Osimhen, aged 24, was a transfer target for Manchester United this summer, with talks over a new contract with Napoli stalling.

Sky Italy are reporting a meeting between Napoli and Osimhen's agent failed to find a resolution on an extension to his deal, which runs until the summer of 2025.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... m-per-week
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: Al Hilal bid £120.3m for Napoli's Victor Osimhen | Striker offered £1m per week

Post by Ugbowo »

How can he say no?

This is crazy!
ikemba
Egg
Egg
Re: Al Hilal bid £120.3m for Napoli's Victor Osimhen | Striker offered £1m per week

Post by ikemba »

One million pounds a week, tax free might be too tempting, even for an ambitious Ohsimen
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

Saudi Arabia is really disrupting things in Europe
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That's 52 million pounds per year. He can make a lot more from endorsements and other investments if he stays in Europe, continue to play well, and have a good marketing team. All he will get from a Saudi Arabia deal is salary. Nobody will buy an Al Hilal Osimhen Jersey even if he scores 20 million goals. If he markets his face mask well and continues to perform at a high level, he will make more than 50 million pounds in one year.
ikemba wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:45 pm One million pounds a week, tax free might be too tempting, even for an ambitious Ohsimen
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ikemba wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:45 pm One million pounds a week, tax free might be too tempting, even for an ambitious Ohsimen
It’s not tax free. Saudi citizens don’t pay tax but non citizens do. Still crazy money. Good move to reject it. Osimhen’s next contract should set him up then he can go to Saudi. The Saudi’s and their money are not going away anytime soon.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:01 pm That's 52 million pounds per year. He can make a lot more from endorsements and other investments if he stays in Europe, continue to play well, and have a good marketing team. All he will get from a Saudi Arabia deal is salary. Nobody will buy an Al Hilal Osimhen Jersey even if he scores 20 million goals. If he markets his face mask well and continues to perform at a high level, he will make more than 50 million pounds in one year.
Exactly. Looks good as a headline but not a great move for one of the world’s top strikers.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

packerland wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:03 pm
It’s not tax free. Saudi citizens don’t pay tax but non citizens do. Still crazy money. Good move to reject it. Osimhen’s next contract should set him up then he can go to Saudi. The Saudi’s and their money are not going away anytime soon.

You are right about the tax issue. He will have to pay 20% tax. Still tempting at 800 grand a week
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...a retirement league?
The kid is not ready to retire.
I don't see him going there, and back to reputable league/club years later.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I cannot turn down this kind of money. It’s bad for Nigeria that our top striker goes to Saudi, but this is life changing money. Go make that paper, Victor
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
BREAKING: Al Hilal have made an offer worth €140m to Napoli for striker Victor Osimhen

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I bigpokey as a human will reject this offer because i have no joy or wants to live in the middle east... yes the money is crazy...Vic is free to make a choice, but if i was part of his team i will tell him to say no
SuperEagles

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:22 pm I bigpokey as a human will reject this offer because i have no joy or wants to live in the middle east... yes the money is crazy...Vic is free to make a choice, but if i was part of his team i will tell him to say no
I’ve been to Napoli. It’s not that joyful either.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING: Al Hilal have made an offer worth €140m to Napoli for striker Victor Osimhen

Post by The YeyeMan »

Reportedly offered $1M a week...

If I speak!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: BREAKING: Al Hilal have made an offer worth €140m to Napoli for striker Victor Osimhen

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:41 pm Reportedly offered $1M a week...

If I speak!
tempting, but in my heart, I do not want him to be in the Saudi league
SuperEagles

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:50 pm

If I speak!
I don't want him there either but.... €1m a week... 👀
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I can't see any logic whatsoever in rejecting this generation changing offer.

Someone here said his next contract should set him up. Do you know Napoli only offered to increase his current deal to 120k/week??? Osimhen rightly rejected it. Another said he'll make 50 million in one year in Europe through endorsements, which footballer not named Mbappe current makes that in Europe?

Your playing career is ever so long. Look at Kanu and Okocha chasing government work to stay afloat.

Una go just dey talk.

1M pounds a week is generations changing money. He has no choice but to accept it. He doesn't have to luxury to reject this kind of offer. Miss me with the Europe stuff. We are talking 52M pounds a year. Let that sink in.

@1Naija, endorsements is not only jerseys. Surely u know what image rights mean. There's so much money to be made there if this is true and he goes.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

He better take that bread.
Hell he better ask for a three year
deal at 1.5 mill pwk and commute
from Dubai.

This kind of money is like playing with a monopoly bank at your disposal
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:50 pm

If I speak!
Abeg no put san san for 1naija garri oh! At this rate, Oshimeh will be able to buy him a taxi and everyone in his village a brand new Tesla.
No Escape
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He better take the offer. F Napoli and those racist Italians.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:43 pm How can he say no?

This is crazy!
By uttering the word "NO." which he already did. I expect that as a true Edo boy, money twerking in front of him does not move him. He knows exactly what to do. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:58 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:43 pm How can he say no?

This is crazy!
By uttering the word "NO." which he already did. I expect that as a true Edo boy, money twerking in front of him does not move him. He knows exactly what to do. :D
Otein mwen,

I can guarantee you Victor did not say no....yet.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I say he takes a 3 yr deal and make his bread, come back to Europe when you're 27 and in your prime and some top clubs will still want him.