Super Eagles Camp Updates

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles Camp Updates

Post by ANC »

i see Finidi
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:45 pm
E don change mouth? Soon Iorfa Snr. too will come and revise history -- i believe he already has. Been begging since his son entered div 3, abi na div 4 :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kawawa wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:50 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:33 pm I prefer the German style - strict, organized, structured, business-like etc etc... I wish that was our style.
Damunk wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:59 pm

Everŷone in their own time…
Why I ask you my brother? Any data that formality is more productive? Maybe the military?
Nothing specific. Just my style bro, and it works very well for me. I look at my successes and most of them have come from preparation, structure, discipline, organization, strictness and doing things "properly." Same in any leadership role I have occupied, when I lead my teams in this way, we always achieve our aim.

I know there are people who have found success through their lackadaisical ways or relaxed ways or by waking up and and jumping in (without planning and structure), I just dont know how to function that way. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The Akwa-Ibom State Governor Umo Eno has purchased all 30,000 tickets for the Nigeria vs Sao Tome game on Sunday at the Nest of Champions, Uyo by 5pm.
We must make this stadium a fortress, I hope all SE games will be down here going forward
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:16 pm
The Akwa-Ibom State Governor Umo Eno has purchased all 30,000 tickets for the Nigeria vs Sao Tome game on Sunday at the Nest of Champions, Uyo by 5pm.
We must make this stadium a fortress, I hope all SE games will be down here going forward
This is how it’s supposed to be done…after the game 1naija will transport all the trash to his village :twisted:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I've always had a soft spot for Akwa Ibom, beautiful place and people
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:05 pm
E don change mouth? Soon Iorfa Snr. too will come and revise history -- i believe he already has. Been begging since his son entered div 3, abi na div 4 :rotf:
no offense is this guy 53 years old?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

I love it!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

goke313 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:23 pm
I love it!
Let's hope so but the last time I ran the stats, the SE did not perform well in this stadium. In fact, the best home ground for SE based on stats is PH.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I think a broke a rule by posting only a link. I can’t seem to be able to fix it. But a nice read on our new generation of strikers. Just a click away.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:49 pm Image

This is exactly how to ruin a good pitch! How do you stick those training poles into the pitch? That’s what the training pitch is for and I thought Peseiro will at least know that!
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:58 pm
This Adeleye’s height is very concerning o. I ain’t never seen a goalie shorter than the person interviewing him. :scared: Haaaa, dis boy no reach 5,8ft lailai,Abeg Mek Okoye begin play and reclaim his place o. I know he has good reflexes but those who know the game understand that the goalie”s heigh matters a great deal, particularly on set plays. He has a shorter reach and a wider angle for opponents to shoot at on set plays. Haba, he no even reach Enyeama height sef.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kai…. the guy has useless-ed me no be small. My intention was to yab him off the forum until I heard his Ibadan accent and he gave props to to Ibadan. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Kai… dis na correct guy o. I never knew :laugh: :thumb:
Jordan is fery fery welcomed to Soopa Eagus as we say in IB. :thumbs:
Anybody who dare talk rubbish about Jordan will hear it from me. Who born dem?
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:48 am
This Adeleye’s height is very concerning o. I ain’t never seen a goalie shorter than the person interviewing him. :scared: Haaaa, dis boy no reach 5,8ft lailai,Abeg Mek Okoye begin play and reclaim his place o. I know he has good reflexes but those who know the game understand that the goalie”s heigh matters a great deal, particularly on set plays. He has a shorter reach and a wider angle for opponents to shoot at on set plays. Haba, he no even reach Enyeama height sef.
Emir

Goalkeeper height is important but not the only quality that matters. Campos was one of the great global goalkeepers and he was not a particularly tall fellow. Vince was not particularly tall and he is maybe Nigeria's best ever. Okoye, for all his height, never convinced for Nigeria! Bros, Adeleye is a good goalie inspite of his height.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:54 am
Emir

Goalkeeper height is important but not the only quality that matters. Campos was one of the great global goalkeepers and he was not a particularly tall fellow. Vince was not particularly tall and he is maybe Nigeria's best ever. Okoye, for all his height, never convinced for Nigeria! Bros, Adeleye is a good goalie inspite of his height.
Oga, you listed the best short keepers ever. Campos,Enyeama and Barthez, these guys were outliers who did well against huge odds, they’re the top 3 short goalies ever. Can you name any others? How many short goalies have ever made it as top pros? I’m not denying his quality in but his height is definitely an issue.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:00 am
Emir

Oga, you listed the best short keepers ever. Campos,Enyeama and Barthez, these guys were outliers who did well against huge odds, they’re the top 3 short goalies ever. Can you name any others? How many short goalies have ever made it as top pros? I’m not denying his quality in but his height is definitely an issue.

Of course, I named those that you are probably familiar with. In Nigeria's history we had Peter Fregene for years in the 1960s and then in the 1970s and 180s. He was one of our top goalkeepers for years!! If I am not mistaken, Adeleye is actually taller than Peter Fregene.

The point is that while managers often prefer tall goalkeepers and that is why you see few of them, simply being tall does not make you bad. Preference, is just THAT "preference." I bet if this Adeleye guy is 4 inches taller, he will be SE No. 1!! Thus, it is likely that height that has made him a non-starter but he has the heart and definitely belongs.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:26 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:00 am
Emir

Of course, I named those that you are probably familiar with. In Nigeria's history we had Peter Fregene for years in the 1960s and then in the 1970s and 180s. He was one of our top goalkeepers for years!! If I am not mistaken, Adeleye is actually taller than Peter Fregene.

The point is that while managers often prefer tall goalkeepers and that is why you see few of them, simply being tall does not make you bad. Preference, is just THAT "preference." I bet if this Adeleye guy is 4 inches taller, he will be SE No. 1!! Thus, it is likely that height that has made him a non-starter but he has the heart and definitely belongs.
Being short does not, a bad goalkeeper make. Rigogo, Fregene, Essien, and Best were some of best goalkeepers in the annals of Nigerian football. They all were under six feet.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: