Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:53 pm Oliseh was a vastly superior player. Obi also had problems with Siasia. Obi might be telling the truth. But yet again he might be wanting to get attention for a podcast who knows. I haven’t heard other players say the same thing or any other form of collaboration. I do know Oliseh has a temper.
Vince has never had a problem with any coach until Oliseh, same Oliseh that had so many problems in his coaching career before SE gave him a lifeline and the first meeting he effs it all up. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:50 pm Mikel skewered Benitez as well. The dude seems to have no filter. Well, I guess if it's the truth then you can't blame him for saying it but if I were Oliseh, I would be steaming. This one no be table shaking, na shattering.
Did he lie? Vince shares the same story, we saw the results, we saw how sh1t his team was, we saw how he left the country in a suitcase claiming witchcraft, ain’t nothing he said a lie, it’s the no effs given way he said it was just so 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:50 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:53 pm Oliseh was a vastly superior player. Obi also had problems with Siasia. Obi might be telling the truth. But yet again he might be wanting to get attention for a podcast who knows. I haven’t heard other players say the same thing or any other form of collaboration. I do know Oliseh has a temper.
Vince has never had a problem with any coach until Oliseh, same Oliseh that had so many problems in his coaching career before SE gave him a lifeline and the first meeting he effs it all up. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
We know Oliseh has temper problems. Remember when he refused to let Enyeama address the team after he was stripped of the captainship. But no one has said he had no clue until Obi. Oliseh also fought with his teammates in Germany. But he was a cerebral player and he has led clubs in Europe to near promotion and has worked with FIFA . He has a UEFA pro A license,

Some backstory. Enyeama arrived late to camp. The NFF couldn’t contact him, Enyeama said he lost his mother. It was actually the NFF that wanted to discipline Enyeama because of his public comments about the chartered fights. But Oliseh got angry, his usual temper embarrassed Enyeama in front of the team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don’t think the guy that dropped Oliseh in 2002,chief festus Oningbinde would have put up with Mikel Obi. Obi also had problems with Siasia.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:55 pm
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:50 pm Mikel skewered Benitez as well. The dude seems to have no filter. Well, I guess if it's the truth then you can't blame him for saying it but if I were Oliseh, I would be steaming. This one no be table shaking, na shattering.
Did he lie? Vince shares the same story, we saw the results, we saw how sh1t his team was, we saw how he left the country in a suitcase claiming witchcraft, ain’t nothing he said a lie, it’s the no effs given way he said it was just so 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
the juju part was so funny :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:10 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:27 pmAnd as such, he does not know Mikel, personally, so he isn't in a position to discuss Mikel's comments. However, the questionnaire would get a better sense of his relationship with his past players by speaking with players he coached for a longer period.
I don't really care for the story between the two but Oliseh could address the point made about a slanging match between Oliseh and Enyeama as that's not about his relationship with Mikel. But it's all in the past and has no value in the present day.
Exactly my point! if he gives it attention, he will blow it up and it will become news. Then you will have people he has had issues in the past come out to give their own opinion. :lol: :lol: The best thing is to side-step it and let it die quietly, same way Pep did to Eto'o and Yaya, Mourinho to Pogba, etc etc...
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Let me listen one more time 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is clickbait. I haven't listened to it. Don't play on doing so or subscribing.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:21 am It is clickbait. I haven't listened to it. Don't play on doing so or subscribing.
So you’ve been commenting on something you didn’t listen to? Come on now…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:36 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:21 am It is clickbait. I haven't listened to it. Don't play on doing so or subscribing.
So you’ve been commenting on something you didn’t listen to? Come on now…
But that is classical Ohenehenhehe. He is also known to comment on matches he didn't watch. :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:01 am Let me listen one more time 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
:D Man said bro is sheeeeeeetttttt
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Not going to subscribe or listen. No justification for attacking Oliseh.

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Mikel Obi might just end up being the single best thing to happen to Nigerian football.

Oliseh on the other hand has done more harm to Nigerian football than good. His exploits in the 90s does not make up for the damage he has done of late. Breaking up the team, affecting our performances, and denying us 3-5 good years of our GOAT.

Mikel has plans to shake things up in the NFF. That is what you call net positive.

Not some of these so called lame #$% legends, they do one or two good things for the country and then because of that they think they are entitled to doing 3-5 bad things.

Mikel is not just sitting on an arm chair rubbishing people. He actually plans to put his money where his mouth is for positive change. Oliseh is a very negative human being.

Thank you for that rocket against Spain, but....the damage you have been doing to our football lately is simply too much. More power to Mikel. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Mikel's pound of flesh. This has been going on between the two for a while. Sunday Oliseh will surely hit back :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I wish Mikel was out Technical Director. He would clean house.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:55 am Not going to subscribe or listen. No justification for attacking Oliseh.
There’s plenty of justification when you actually listen to it. We’ll print it out and send you a transcript
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Those talking about two sides of a coin.

Let's just wait and see who will come and defend Oliseh.

I am willing to bet that 95% of Nigerian sporting icons/leaders will not come out and defend Oliseh.

Will the likes of Kanu, Amokachi, Okocha, Eguavoen etc. come out and defend Oliseh? I highly doubt it. Mikel is not just saying his side of things, he is saying what I believe that everyone in Nigerian football knows.

Lets see. Watch this space. Who will stand up for Oliseh. I'll wait!!!

What about younger folk. Will Onazi defend him? Will Ambrose defend him? Will Echiejile defend him? What about the likes of Onigbinde, Chukwu, Pinnick etc... will they defend him? Who will defend this so called victim? Who will vouch for his integrity. I am waiting.
Last edited by Tbite on Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:03 am I wish Mikel was out Technical Director. He would clean house.
I still don’t think Mikel has the stomach to navigate Nigeria. He left Nigeria when he was 14? Playing for Nigeria is a different ballgame than being in administration and dealing with the vultures there. He’s better off in Europe. He lacks the patience, is an introvert at heart and will get easily frustrated.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Tbite wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:07 am Those talking about two sides of a coin.

I am willing to bet that 95% of Nigerian sporting icons/leaders will not come out and defend Oliseh.

Will the likes of Kanu, Amokachi, Okocha, Eguavoen etc. come out and defend Oliseh? I highly doubt it. Mikel is not just saying his side of things, he is saying what I believe that everyone in Nigerian football knows.

Oliseh is controversial among his teammates. His memoirs didn’t do those relationships any favors. I doubt they’d ever attack him, but I doubt they’d defend him either. If anyone defends him, it’ll be the likes of Dosu
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The only problem I had with the podcast besides the accent is his use of the word witchcraft as a verb.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tbite wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:07 am Those talking about two sides of a coin.

What about younger folk. Will Onazi defend him? Will Ambrose defend him? Will Echiejile defend him? What about the likes of Onigbinde, Chukwu, Pinnick etc... will they defend him? Who will defend this so called victim? Who will vouch for his integrity. I am waiting.
Yeap no one will defend the indefensible…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

What about journalists. Colin Udoh, Ed Dove, Sulaiman Folarin, Oluwashina Okeleji, Toyin Ibitoye. Who will come out and vouch for him. Who will say "I know him well, he is a wonderful guy". I'm waiting. I have been following this guy's career for two decades and let me just say, I never hear good things about him off the pitch.

But I am waiting. Maybe I will have to eat humble pies. Mikel Obi has been rubbishing this guy that everyone loves, adores and respect. So let us wait for the backlash that Mikel will face. Oh, how Segun Odegbami is going to scold him now!
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Hold on.

In all these SuperEagles 94 reunions (matches, personal celebrations or political get togethers), one rarely sees Chidi Nwanu, Sunday Oliseh, Samson Siasia, Efan Ekoku, and Michael Emenalo. Michael Emenalo one can partially understand with his Chelsea, and now Saudi administrative commitments. Chidi Nwanu basically gave up on all things football, and is supposedly a pastor. Chidi doesn't have much positive things to stay with his last years in the SuperEagles. Efan Ekoku basically has nothing to do with Nigerian football anymore.

It appears from his FIFA interview, Sunday Oliseh acknowledges he, and others never really got along with each other in that 94 set up.

I believe the environment then was not set up for cordial relationships given how players were selected, and favored. Some rather unhealthy competition, and rather overall bad experience for most of those involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYJkKN3pi6E