Who's the next coach abeg?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who's the next coach abeg?

Post by ANC »

delisyomie don wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:45 pm the players need to come together and start paying for the better coach if they really want to go to the World Cup or for their cv. our government is not interested in football and we can not be financially supportive because we don't have big pockets if we have definitely we be supportive. Is not about what the government can do for us but what we can do if we are in a position to help. we should stop giving ourselves stress about nigeria football people in charge we move on one day [everything is timing]
That's funny as hell. The only way this makes sense is if the likes of Osimhen and Iwobi elects to pay for the coach. Anything outside of that would appear to be conflict of interest.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

delisyomie don wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:45 pm the players need to come together and start paying for the better coach if they really want to go to the World Cup or for their cv. our government is not interested in football and we can not be financially supportive because we don't have big pockets if we have definitely we be supportive. Is not about what the government can do for us but what we can do if we are in a position to help. we should stop giving ourselves stress about nigeria football people in charge we move on one day [everything is timing]
That's funny as hell. The only way this makes sense is if the likes of Osimhen and Iwobi elects to pay for the coach. Anything outside of that would appear to be conflict of interest.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:10 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:51 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:53 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 am
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:17 am
icee wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:09 pm I don't think Pisero or Pisoro is great. I do think he has a playing style. In most of his games, he favours fast transitions via the wings, playing from the back. Here's a link - We had crosses into the box in double digits -

We had 5 corner kicks to 0 in addition to the open field wing attacks. The corner ratio was similar in the Mozambique game we had 10 vs 1 for Mozambique

Back to open play attacks from the wings: Just as you can see in video link vs Zim, passes were mistimed with folks not on the same page. The idea is the right one - I have seen this wing transition consistently but execution has deteriorated - in prior games we had several clear cut chances and shots on goals.

1. Against Lesotho, we had a total of 14 shots, 8 shots on goal vs Lesotho's 2 shots, we drew 1:1
2. Against Mozambique we had 9 shots on vs 3 MZM. Of the 9, 6 of them where on goal - all of 3 of Mozambique's shots were on goal and they scored 2 of the 3. (sources - https://www.soccerpunter.com/match/1901 ... vs-Nigeria)
3. Against Saudi, we had 15 shots against Saudi's 4. of the 4 of Saudi's shots, 3 of them were on Goal and they scored 2, game ended 2-2.

You see a clear pattern - we concede > 50% of shots against us but more key is..it doesn't have to be more than 4 shots. The latter is the most telling. In many cases we are conceding more than 60% of our shots on goal against us and WE are not converting as many of the shots from the chances we create.

The above is why I am not jumping on the new coach bandwagon. The data tells me we create loads of chances EXCEPT yesterday, the crosses didn't result in attempts on goal - I see a chemistry issue here. Is it then due to selection or players that dropped out, logistics or the coaching actually is that bad?

We are not Lethal off the chances we create

And the big one - you only need one shot or two to score against us no matter the distance. I will do a summary on distance soon going back to the Ghana game. I think Uzo may have some sort of an eye /coordination problem - I'm serious about this. If that's the case, start someone else
Great post!

I have asked repeatedly why no one is talking about how poor our striking efficiency is.
We know about how poor the goalie is.
But the strikers have been poor as well.
In terms of output, the strikers have been poor but poor performances by historically good strikers is usually a strong indication of a sub standard midfield. Not too long, after the Lesotho match, I pointed out that out of 8 total shots, we had 6 on goal. None of those were by the strikers. If the strikers aren’t taking our shots, who the heck is? The evidence is clear; the midfield is not doing it’s primary job, which is acting as a conduit to the strikers🤔❗️

Cheers.
Nothing more to add...

But he doesn't know what he's talking about. If we are creating loads of chances, then its a matter of efficiency of the strikers. Efficiency as in conversion ratio, which would be about the xG of the strikers, NOT about the MF.

But if you look more closely, you will find that also significant is the "layout" of the attack- as in
- the movement/positioning of players in the various phases of attack;
- the relationships between players- as in choice of who fits best with whom, and
- the best positions for them to be in; where and how the ball is delivered, etc
You really do have a talent for talking nonsense. If we had eight shots on goal and none of the strikers, not Awoniyi nor Boniface nor Iheanacho had a single one of those then what does striking efficiency have to do with that? You can’t talk about the efficiency of strikers when the strikers are clearly not getting the ball. That is decidedly a midfield issue so, try again❗️

Cheers.

Now you are making stuff up!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its clear that this people are not going to sack this clown before AFCON, so lets move on and accept what awaits. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:29 pm
icee wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:09 pm I don't think Pisero or Pisoro is great. I do think he has a playing style. In most of his games, he favours fast transitions via the wings, playing from the back. Here's a link - We had crosses into the box in double digits -

We had 5 corner kicks to 0 in addition to the open field wing attacks. The corner ratio was similar in the Mozambique game we had 10 vs 1 for Mozambique

Back to open play attacks from the wings: Just as you can see in video link vs Zim, passes were mistimed with folks not on the same page. The idea is the right one - I have seen this wing transition consistently but execution has deteriorated - in prior games we had several clear cut chances and shots on goals.

1. Against Lesotho, we had a total of 14 shots, 8 shots on goal vs Lesotho's 2 shots, we drew 1:1
2. Against Mozambique we had 9 shots on vs 3 MZM. Of the 9, 6 of them where on goal - all of 3 of Mozambique's shots were on goal and they scored 2 of the 3. (sources - https://www.soccerpunter.com/match/1901 ... vs-Nigeria)
3. Against Saudi, we had 15 shots against Saudi's 4. of the 4 of Saudi's shots, 3 of them were on Goal and they scored 2, game ended 2-2.

You see a clear pattern - we concede > 50% of shots against us but more key is..it doesn't have to be more than 4 shots. The latter is the most telling. In many cases we are conceding more than 60% of our shots on goal against us and WE are not converting as many of the shots from the chances we create.

The above is why I am not jumping on the new coach bandwagon. The data tells me we create loads of chances EXCEPT yesterday, the crosses didn't result in attempts on goal - I see a chemistry issue here. Is it then due to selection or players that dropped out, logistics or the coaching actually is that bad?

And the big one - you only need one shot or two to score against us no matter the distance. I will do a summary on distance soon going back to the Ghana game. I think Uzo may have some sort of an eye /coordination problem - I'm serious about this. If that's the case, start someone else
Great post!

I have asked repeatedly why no one is talking about how poor our striking efficiency is.
In terms of output, the strikers have been poor but poor performances by historically good strikers is usually a strong indication of a sub standard midfield. Not too long, after the Lesotho match, I pointed out that out of 8 total shots, we had 6 on goal. None of those were by the strikers. If the strikers aren’t taking our shots, who the heck is? The evidence is clear; the midfield is not doing it’s primary job, which is acting as a conduit to the strikers🤔❗️

Cheers.
Nothing more to add...

But he doesn't know what he's talking about. If we are creating loads of chances, then its a matter of efficiency of the strikers. Efficiency as in conversion ratio, which would be about the xG of the strikers, NOT about the MF.

But if you look more closely, you will find that also significant is the "layout" of the attack- as in
- the relationships between players- as in choice of who fits best with whom, and
- the best positions for them to be in; where and how the ball is delivered, etc
You really do have a talent for talking nonsense. If we had eight shots on goal and none of the strikers, not Awoniyi nor Boniface nor Iheanacho had a single one of those then what does striking efficiency have to do with that? You can’t talk about the efficiency of strikers when the strikers are clearly not getting the ball. That is decidedly a midfield issue so, try again❗️

Cheers.

Do yourself a favor and go lookup the match stats. I don’t come in here to talk about stuff I know nothing about, which is more than I can say about you🤔❗️

Cheers.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

ANC wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:40 pm

YEAH MY BROTHER! WATIN WE GO DO! TOO MUCH SADNESS IN OUR FOOTBALL, IF I AM OR ONE OF US IS PASSIONATE AND WE ARE IWOBI OR OSHIMEN OR DANGOTE OR ADENUGA OR ANY OTHER RICH NAIJA WITH INTEREST IN OUR FOOTBALL WE GO PAY FOR A BETTER COACH. BECAUSE NA OUR MARKET GO INCREASE.
thanks
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:16 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:29 pm

Great post!

Cheers.
Nothing more to add...

Cheers.

Do yourself a favor and go lookup the match stats. I don’t come in here to talk about stuff I know nothing about, which is more than I can say about you🤔❗️

Cheers.

Please post the match stats.

show us how many shots the strikers had in total, what was on goal and what was not..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Great post!

Another game, more questions asked about our strikers and scoring efficiency. How many chances do they need in a match?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF is most likely going to hire another foreign coach. The NFF president is an angel* Go and listen to his interview about ast coaches and Ndidi.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx