Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea : (1-1) OSimhen FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Equitorial Guinea : (1-1) OSimhen

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:51 pm I really detest this team. I really detest the coach. I really detest Pinnick.
Why don't we focus on Education and electricity? Why are we wasting Money on perpetual useless team? Does anyone see the effect of the trip to Dubai?
Well; at least, we didn't lose. Thus, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:48 pm Piooom. Disappointing result. Very disappointing.

Very hard for me to understand why we miss so many chances...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Naija4lyfe wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:48 pm Year after year the same issues, our players lack football IQ, and can't position themselves make good rooms
When I mention how important someone like Kelechi is to us some people don’t get it. He makes the best decisions in the final third and can execute his desired play with deadly accuracy. The other ones are hustlers and gra gra players, even Osimhen is majorly a gra gra player if we are being honest. They are brainless work horses. Boniface and Lookman have the potential to help in the brains department but this is just so frustrating. Waste of a Sunday….
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea : (1-1) OSimhen FT

Post by tolahs »

We've got players but no team - they played like strangers - on this showing,not good enough to win the next match.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I actually enjoyed this game, So glad for Yusuf and Nwabili. We do have the players, just lazy coaches and FA. I hope Yusuf is fit for thursday. What a player. Covers so much ground . Nwabili gives me confidence, not once was i shaking like kongi.

Now we must get a result vs CIV and finish strong vs GB. We missed too many chances alas Chelsea.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:48 pm
Mr Shows wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:42 pm We just lack the creativity and physicality in the middle of the park to dictate the play and command the tempo..
You don’t think we’ve created enough chances to score 2 goals?
We at no point controlled the game well enough to force the issue.
adeaderije
Egg
Egg

Post by adeaderije »

too wasteful today esp Victor & Sanusi. Hope they can step it up the next game.
I no be gentleman at all o
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Odas wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:51 pm
Tbite wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:49 pm This type of football is really bad for my anger management.
:) :) :) :) :) Is it 'anger management,' or blood pressure?
Both.

I almost threw my phone at the TV when osimhen missed that sitter. But then I realised that I am not a millionaire.

So yes i have some anger issues. The only reason I didn't break that tv was financial.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

highbury wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:50 pm I really detest this team. I really detest the coach. I really detest Pinnick.
Why don't we focus on Education and electricity? Why are we wasting Money on perpetual useless team? Does anyone see the effect of the trip to Dubai?

Then why are you here?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

We had no reason for failing to win this game. At some point the players have to stand up and be counted. The coach did not tell Osimhen and co to miss sitters or shoot when a 2 on 1 square pass was obvious. Dumb shiet.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:50 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:49 pm
imehjunior wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:47 pm Positive for me is though not tested keeper looks assured.
Assured? He didn't even move on the goal he conceded.
You are joking right?
No he is not. He is not the best GK in the world, but I felt confident every time he came for the ball. I wasn't jittery once. Who knows, maybe he is sh1t, as most of us have never seen him play before. But on this game alone, i wasnt panicked.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:51 pm NEGATIVE: Poor team, average performance…
POSITIVE: Only the first game, might get better

I actually expected us to lose this game. Let's see if we improve as we go forward.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

txj wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:52 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:48 pm Piooom. Disappointing result. Very disappointing.
It happens and it's the first game. In addition and like in the past, every team wants to the Supper-eagles, so ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:51 pm

I have asked repeatedly why no one is talking about how poor our striking efficiency is.
We know about how poor the goalie is.
But the strikers have been poor as well.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

It’s an opinions forum but there was way too much negative energy towards the coach and players leading up to this.

I think the lads played hard but just lacked the cutting edge to finish the job. It certainly wasn’t for a lack of effort or chance creation. The coach abusers can also shut their mouths.

I wish Ndidi was healthy so Onyeka can be nailed to the bench. Hope the young Ngolo Kante clone for Nigeria isn’t too badly injured … that young man covered every inch of grass.

Best thing that happened to the team is the humble pie that was served to Osimhen. Hopefully that big head gets the air released a little bit and he becomes a little more humble ..: I can only imagine the blow back he will be getting. Hopefully it makes him a little more hungrier and humbler …
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:52 pm

I will try and find their video from training, it was the same thing I was perplexed, like hold up this is without pressure of real match situations and y’all are still missing chances like this, like worrahell…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This was the most likely outcome going by how we have played over the last year. Nothing surprised me.

Our attacking play is very predictable and sluggish. Our problem is the midfield. We don’t have the players again.

A few players were poor today. Zaidu, Onyeka. Iwobi, Simon. Even Chukwueze made a couple of poor decisions during the few minutes he was on the pitch.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:50 pm I really detest this team. I really detest the coach. I really detest Pinnick.
Ask Dammy and Robby-I-Dont-Know-The-Weather-In-The-UAE :lol: :lol: and the other one who said we should sweep it under the rug :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Guys relax. Their goalie was the man of the match and there were some positives. I think the team is decent, just a tweak here and there. Nacho and Moffi will really help.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We need to pack the midfield against Ivory Coast and play counter attack.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I think I just need to be at peace with the fact that we suck. If we do well, it's a bonus.

There's nothing we can do.....

It is what it is.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mystic wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:54 pm
Gotti wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:51 pm NEGATIVE: Poor team, average performance…
POSITIVE: Only the first game, might get better
I actually expected us to lose this game. Let's see if we improve as we go forward.
Really? I wonder why
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Only thing that will placate this sh*t Sunday is if Ghana lose today against Cape Verde