OSIMEHN IS A FAKE AFCON PLAYER OF YEAR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
OSIMEHN IS A FAKE AFCON PLAYER OF YEAR

Post by vancity eagle »

What an overrated, overhyped player.

I am ashamed he is African player of the year.

Cannot stay onside to save his life.

Cannot finish easy chances.

He should have had at least 3 goals today.

That miss was just horrific. It wasn't even close.

This guy has let Nigeria down BIG TIME.

As far as I am concerned he is just as responsible as Uzoho for us missing Qatar.

I dont want to hear another word about Pesseiro. Is he supposed to step on the field and score the goals.

Osimehn should be ASHAMED.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OSIMEHN IS A FAKE AFCON PLAYER OF YEAR

Post by YemiBrazil »

I disagree. You can criticize him for his performance today but you can’t rubbish his achievements.

Rasheed Yekini also missed tons of chances and no one can rubbish his overall achievements.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:59 pm I disagree. You can criticize him for his performance today but you can’t rubbish his achievements.

Rasheed Yekini also missed tons of chances and no one can rubbish his overall achievements.
What has he done for SE ?

Not a gaddem thing.

He is the simple reason we did not go to Qatar. He Berra not be the reason we fail in CIV.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:01 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:59 pm I disagree. You can criticize him for his performance today but you can’t rubbish his achievements.

What has he done for SE ?

Not a gaddem thing.

He is the simple reason we did not go to Qatar. He Berra not be the reason we fail in CIV.
I do fear for him if we crash out early, just pointing out your attack on his 2023 APOY award.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I’m still numb at that miss. It would’ve been better shooting straight at the keeper or getting the ball stuck at his feet while trying to round the keeper.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I really miss players like Emenike, Ideye, Obafemi Martin's etc...Osimhen is absolutely over-rated
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

He is not the "AFCON Player of the Year". He is the real African Player of the Year.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:10 pm I really miss players like Emenike, Ideye, Obafemi Martin's etc...Osimhen is absolutely over-rated
I've been saying it.

Even at club level, his chance conversion rate is very poor.

Bushboy was right. He is not a hater.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

And you my friend are a fake fan.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:10 pm I really miss players like Emenike, Ideye, Obafemi Martin's etc...Osimhen is absolutely over-rated

And you think those players never missed chances?....And never disappointed us?

Sorry but this post is just daft.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Emotional post.
He put in a good shift. He was energetic and put himself in good positions to score. He gave the Eq Guinea CB, a starting La Liga player, fits.

Yes, he missed a sitter which btw was all as a result of his football intelligence and hard work. But even the best players miss. So why crucify him for it?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

No one hates on their own quite like ze Nizerians..Vancity Eagles, you need to be on mood altering prescription. Your head no dey house at all.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Boniface scores that.
Moffi scores that.
Umar scores that.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:19 pm Emotional post.
He put in a good shift. He was energetic and put himself in good positions to score. He gave the Eq Guinea CB, a starting La Liga player, fits.

Yes, he missed a sitter which btw was all as a result of his football intelligence and hard work. But even the best players miss. So why crucify him for it?
I heard we will be awarded the win based on "energy and being in good positions to score"
Thank goodness! 3 points in the bag!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He’s a hustler he will put in a shift but he will also miss many chances, this particular miss though was amateurish, it went so far wide I want to believe his mask obscured his vision, like what was he shooting at? I hope they make it out the group. But let’s not kid ourselves, an Ighalo of 2019 buries that, Emenike of 2013 buries that. But they wouldn’t have put in all the other gra gra effort that Vic did that helped out the team in other ways. But as a striker your first job is to take your chances, everything else na jara…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Osimhen has scored more than enough goals to get respect. Let's stop this nonsense of just criticizing our players and calling them names. Yes the miss today was huge but it happens to all strikers though Osimhen's conversation rate has always been low for a world-class striker.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:12 pm
I've been saying it.

Chill dude! Busboy is a hater. He never has something good to say about the boy. Osimhen gets on my nerves with constantly being offside. I know how many goals for his clubs that has been chalked off because he can’t stay onside.

He is still one of the best in the game but he has a long way to go. He needs to prove himself on African soil. I’m still hurting that garbage defenders like Djiku and Amartey shut him down but I believe he will come through.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:12 pm
I've been saying it.

Chill dude! Busboy is a hater. He never has something good to say about the boy. Osimhen gets on my nerves with constantly being offside. I know how many goals for his clubs that has been chalked off because he can’t stay onside.

He is still one of the best in the game but he has a long way to go. He needs to prove himself on African soil. I’m still hurting that garbage defenders like Djiku and Amartey shut him down but I believe he will come through.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:24 pm Boniface scores that.
Moffi scores that.
Umar scores that.
Umar would trip over his legs…we saw him at the last ANC abeg…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Lock this thread right away. Mods
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Did Kanu ever score and AFCON goal?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Please remind me how many AFCONs those players won between them. The grass is always greener on the other side🤔❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I have not called for Osimehn to be benched. He remains our best striker in terms of his overall output.

But his finishing IS HORRIFIC, add to that his amateurish inability to stay onside.

He IS NOT world class.