Nwabili TAKE A F$%^ing BOW!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Nwabili TAKE A F$%^ing BOW!!!

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:04 am Served me humble pie. He played well. He made timely saves. Still need to show me consistency. But he played well. The most underrated part of his game is his calmness. His calmness and communication is a huge part of been a good goalkeepers. It helps the defenders.
You haven’t started eating pie. Peseiro (AFCON) and Waldrum (Olympics) specialty pies are baking as we speak.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:40 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:16 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:52 am
packerland wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:02 am
Robbynice wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:15 am :oops:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:10 am
Robbynice wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:24 pm Btw it is Nwabali not Nwabili
There seems to be some confusion about his correct name. Some media publications have even referred to him as both Nwabili and Nwabali in the same article. Personally, I think that, semantically, Nwabili makes a lot more sense than Nwabali🤔❗️

Cheers.
LOL...Wetin man no go read for this forum. What has media confusion got to do with what his name really is. The spelling of his name at the back of his jersey is NWABALI :biggrin:
😂 😂 the thing weak me set. Nwabali makes sense. In Igbo, Nwa means child and abali or abani means night/evening. By the way, welcome back Robby.
You are either an efulefu or not an Igbo man at all. Every genuine Igbo person knows unambiguously what Nwabili means and that is “May the child live”. To say that Nwabali and Nwabani are semantically the same is a bit of a stretch… and by the way, there is a Valentine Nwabili who currently plays football somewhere in India🤔❗️

Cheers.
My guy I will school you in Igbo (don’t go there).

Yes, Nwabili means “may the child live” but it’s said in Anambra accent which was what threw me off. Imolites and Aba people will pronounce it as Nwabiri which also means “may the child live.”

Nwabali means what I said it means. Now tell me I’m wrong?
My guy, trust me. You no sabi reach like dat.

I come from a long line of dibias and customary court presidents. Very few people on the face of this earth understand Igbo the way I do. Fewer than 10% of all Ndi Igbo would say abali instead of abani. Besides, Nwabili is a much more common name than Nwabali… and there’s no disputing that🤔❗️

Cheers.
10%? I beg to differ. Most of IMO state does use abali and that for sure makes up at least 20% of Igbos.

Abeg check your stat.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

packerland wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:28 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:04 am Served me humble pie. He played well. He made timely saves. Still need to show me consistency. But he played well. The most underrated part of his game is his calmness. His calmness and communication is a huge part of been a good goalkeepers. It helps the defenders.
You haven’t started eating pie. Peseiro (AFCON) and Waldrum (Olympics) specialty pies are baking as we speak.
I hope so. We still have better coaches in Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

You know for guy is decent when people are having public lectures to get his name right.

If na Uzoho.
Dem for say "what is in a name,"
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tbite wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:27 am You know for guy is decent when people are having public lectures to get his name right.

If na Uzoho.
Dem for say "what is in a name,"
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Color me skeptical.

I am NOT SOLD.

He doesn't fill me with confidence. He is always screaming and yelling like he is a bag of nerves and seems he may have slower than normal reflexes because of how big he is. He also looks like he has small hands.

We are a very defensive team so he is protected. He is yet to be tested.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:10 pm Color me skeptical.

I am NOT SOLD.

He doesn't fill me with confidence. He is always screaming and yelling like he is a bag of nerves and seems he may have slower than normal reflexes because of how big he is. He also looks like he has small hands.

Your entitled to your own opinion. And it is within your right to have one
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I am NOT SOLD.

This narrative is quite interesting. Especially when he has saved at least 4-5 one-v-one in the last 3 games. One-v-one! 3 of them in the CIV game. :lol:

For me, the yardstick we have used to judge him is that he is better than Uzoho. :lol: We have suffered a lot, so anything will be helpful at this point. I have been very impressed with him and my goal and hope is that he will become our 3rd choice goalkeeper. Just imagine we have 2 goalkeepers ahead of him! That would mean that we are set!!!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:16 pm

I am NOT SOLD.

This narrative is quite interesting. Especially when he has saved at least 4-5 one-v-one in the last 3 games. One-v-one! 3 of them in the CIV game. :lol:

For me, the yardstick we have used to judge him is that he is better than Uzoho. :lol: We have suffered a lot, so anything will be helpful at this point. I have been very impressed with him and my goal and hope is that he will become our 3rd choice goalkeeper. Just imagine we have 2 goalkeepers ahead of him! That would mean that we are set!!!
I agree that he is a third choice at best. His best save was the 1V1 against CIV. All the other long range efforts he looked panicked. He was well positioned for a few of them.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:25 pm

I am NOT SOLD.

I agree that he is a third choice at best. His best save was the 1V1 against CIV. All the other long range efforts he looked panicked. He was well positioned for a few of them.
And who are the first two choices?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:32 pm

I am NOT SOLD.

the same way they found Nwabili, they should go and find number 1 and 2.

Personally, I want us to zero in on the guys in Germany, Sweden and Italy. Those 3 + Nwabili is a good group to build from.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

I just hope he is good at saving penalties in the event we end up in a penalty shootout.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I am NOT SOLD.

Okoye will be back to reclaim his no 1 spot.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Naija fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:21 am I just hope he is good at saving penalties in the event we end up in a penalty shootout.
:rotf:
Nwabali, the biggest mystery on the green grass!
We go soon find out
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:29 am

I am NOT SOLD.

He is a better goalie than Okoye in my opinion and slightly better or at the same level as Ayola. He is also still improving and is a more modern goalkeeper than any of these other guys. Don’t let the league fool you please.
Last edited by niyi on Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I am NOT SOLD.

I'll watch him closely next time. Onana I feel yells and barks orders at his defenders which puts pressure on them.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What am I reading here about Nwabali isn't good enough. Smh. Now his yelling at his defense nah issue? Ok oooo. Bring back Uzoho so he can man the post and organize the defense because he won't yell.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am NOT SOLD.

Put down the ogogoro.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:21 am What am I reading here about Nwabali isn't good enough. Smh. Now his yelling at his defense nah issue? Ok oooo. Bring back Uzoho so he can man the post and organize the defense because he won't yell.
How quickly we forget…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

niyi wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:03 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:29 am

I am NOT SOLD.

He is a better goalie than Okoye in my opinion and slightly better or at the same level as Ayola. He is also still improving and is a more modern goalkeeper than any of these other guys. Don’t let the league fool you please.
Its not about the league - at least not in this case.
I’m happy with Nwabali but let’s be honest, he’s only played three games and hasn’t really been tested yet.
So far, so good.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Still yet to be tested sha :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

I started off liking Nwabali just because he is not Uzoho. With 5 games in, I have seen enough and I am absolutely sold on him.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."