Nigeria vs Cameroon (2-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (2-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists) FT

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:09 pm Cameroon will be paying tribute for those three Afcon wins of theirs for a very long time.

You can't just enjoy those trophies without a heavy cost.
You mean the trophies they mysteriously took from us, right?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (1-0) Lookman Hangs, Our Osimhen assist) HT

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:09 pm
txj wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:04 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:57 pm Ah yes!! We did it. Looks like Bassey is so much better than Zaidu down that left.

Well done boys!!

Bros Zaidu was top notch today
Right, professional coach. That's why he was subbed first. :roll:

Subs are not automatically a reflection of poor performance.

He tired...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

theDunamis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:01 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:55 pm Omeruo looks a transvestite with that blue hair. Leave that one for Rasheedat Ajibade.

What is wrong with looking like a transvestite and how exactly do transvestites look that is different from any other human, pray tell.

Some of you and your very poisoned and poisonous mindsets do not realize that you operate from the same diseased mindset as racists also operate from.
1. There is something wrong with looking like a transvestite. It is not culturally appropriate
2. That said, it was a joke. Lighten up. Let's not all start acting like Westerners who get triggered by anything and everything.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If the coach can correct the problem in the midfield. Nigeria can be a dangerous side. Like the famous Italian sides that start slow and get better as the tourney progresses. The goals will come.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

SylverEagles wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:57 pm Ah yes!! We did it. Looks like Bassey is so much better than Zaidu down that left.

Well done boys!!

Er bros. You are smart football cookie but on this one you are dead wrong.

Defensively he is alright but he has poor ball control and pass completion must be in the 50% range. Not good enough.

It is one of the reasons we struggle to score. A sharper player in that position will be eating assists for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

KPOM!!!
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:07 pm Nwabili 7 didn't have to do much. They injured him intentionally

Aina 7

Ekong 8

Ajayi 8..

Bassey 7
Sanusi 5
Onyeka 8

Iwobi 6

Simon 7

Osimhen 9

Lookman 9

I think that is fair.
I agree, except for Sanusi. I gave him minus 5. He was absolutely terrible today.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So much for the ‘useless’, ‘ajebota’, ‘innit’ ‘rejects’ abi?
Shay una see why una be clueless fans? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Those most guilty know demselves and are now celebrating.
Next time, mechonu! :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:07 pm Nwabili 7 didn't have to do much. They injured him intentionally

Aina 7

Ekong 8

Ajayi 8..

Bassey 7
Sanusi 5
Onyeka 8

Iwobi 6

Simon 7

Osimhen 9

Lookman 9

I think that is fair.
FRANK ONYEKA was a DRAGON today 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:02 pm
100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:59 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:58 pm Iwobi need to step up his game. He is not having a good tourney. Sanusi need to also improve.
Ohenhen i can bet my last dollar that you cant run 2 miles without need an ambulance. The lad was all over the pitch defending and distributing. He was gassed. Its on the coach to make a sub but he was left on. He played fine. Leave JJ jnr alone jare
He should at least release the ball on a one two combination for a scoring opportunity.
Just finished watching an amazing performance by my SE, with Iwobi playing really well, only to come in here and see this nonsense by a clueless internet poster. Smh. Complete hogwash. Some screening should be done on this CE before people are allowed to post. Tufiakwa.
Last edited by Cally on Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

I think Zaidu played well. His defending was very good. His spacing and movement were fantastic. His delivery was below par. But overall a good game.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Odas wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 pm
Tbite wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:09 pm Cameroon will be paying tribute for those three Afcon wins of theirs for a very long time.

You can't just enjoy those trophies without a heavy cost.
You mean the trophies they mysteriously took from us, right?
Yes, it is like selling your soul. It comes with a heavy price.

Nigeria owns them going forward. They will never enjoy football when we are in their way.

Unlike many, I expected this win. I was barely nervous. The only period I might have even remotely been on edge was when Uzoho came on.

We have been better than them in the past 7 years, and that combined with their heavy price to pay...there was no way they could win this match.

For at least 7 years we have been a level above them. If not for that useless Pinnick missing tournaments anyhow with poor organisation.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Let’s no be too tough on Iwobi. He plays as CM in this team tidying things up. He obviously has limitations and confidence issues which I have come to accept, but he is the best in that position in the team.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

spastic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:14 pm I think Zaidu played well. His defending was very good. His spacing and movement were fantastic. His delivery was below par. But overall a good game.
couldn't have summed it up better myself, well i could but you are spot on.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

txj wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:08 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:00 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:58 pm Iwobi need to step up his game. He is not having a good tourney. Sanusi need to also improve.
Iwobi has been poor.

But Peseiro keeps playing him as a DM.

It is not helping us.

Nigerians paaaaaa

Iwobi is a bona fide candidate for MOM
This dude and Ohenhen are just....let me just not say what's in my mouth. Better just ignore.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

theDunamis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:12 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 pm

Well done boys!!

Er bros. You are smart football cookie but on this one you are dead wrong.

Defensively he is alright but he has poor ball control and pass completion must be in the 50% range. Not good enough.

It is one of the reasons we struggle to score. A sharper player in that position will be eating assists for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

KPOM!!!

In our current setup he is the major outlet high on the left.

Today he not only provided the outlet but didn't allow a successful cross or through ball while in the game.
That is the definition of balance.

His delivery can be better though...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

I don't know why some of us are complaining. To be it was a decent game we played. Osimhem as usual held his own, pulled the double teaming. The Cameroonians had no game plan than to obstruct the eagles. Lookman was to the eagles today what Victor Moses was to the team in 2013. But for a team to be scared of their goalkeeper is something else. See how everyone but Osimhem overed Uzoho when he came in . Hahahaha
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Espn lol saying Cameroon were going to win.

Hahahahaha, I don laugh small.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Odas wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:07 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:51 pm Simon did not deserve 90mims to be honest.
Packerland,

I woch the game-oo, but fear bin cach me smol wen I see say Uzoho dey com replace Nwabali for awa goalpost. I am so happy we won convincingly
I was about to ask you if you watched the game. I won't lie, I walked away to take care of some things once Uzoho came in.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

spastic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:01 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:55 pm Omeruo looks a transvestite with that blue hair. Leave that one for Rasheedat Ajibade.

What is wrong with looking like a transvestite and how exactly do transvestites look that is different from any other human, pray tell.

Some of you and your very poisoned and poisonous mindsets do not realize that you operate from the same diseased mindset as racists also operate from.
1. There is something wrong with looking like a transvestite. It is not culturally appropriate
2. That said, it was a joke. Lighten up. Let's not all start acting like Westerners who get triggered by anything and everything.

"It was a joke" is abetting foolishness when you have a group of people that are highly discriminated against to the point where their lives are in danger in many parts of the world.

And it is not being Western to speak up against foolish and dangerous discriminations -- whether they are clothed as jokes or not. One need not be personally and morally accepting of transgenderism for one to be decent and fight for their rights to exist and live free of discrimination. Do better. Y'all are grown #$% men that definitely know better having been direct and/or indirect victims of discriminations yourselves.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists)2H

Post by spastic »

ohsee wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:04 pm
100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:50 pm "He did everything that he need to did" chei Amotaxi has destroyed the English language. RIP English
:rotf: :rotf:
Oh, so una get that Amokachi colour commentary too? I thought I was being punished because I live in Canada, with the game available only on fubo Canada. :rotf: But I won't insult a national hero. :biggrin: I will just say he was interesting. :biggrin:
I loved his commentary :rotf:
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

Happy for the lads

Go for it guys!
You can do it!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Cameroon (-0) Lookman x2 Hangs, Our Osimhen, Bassey assists)2H

Post by theDunamis »

spastic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:22 pm
ohsee wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:04 pm
100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:50 pm "He did everything that he need to did" chei Amotaxi has destroyed the English language. RIP English
:rotf: :rotf:
Oh, so una get that Amokachi colour commentary too? I thought I was being punished because I live in Canada, with the game available only on fubo Canada. :rotf: But I won't insult a national hero. :biggrin: I will just say he was interesting. :biggrin:
I loved his commentary :rotf:

Ditto. But maybe it's also because I already baked in the fact that he is not a professional commentator. :D
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

BigMuze wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:16 pm Let’s no be too tough on Iwobi. He plays as CM in this team tidying things up. He obviously has limitations and confidence issues which I have come to accept, but he is the best in that position in the team.
Iwobi was awesome today. I do not understand how anyone would criticize him based on this game. Did these guys see his pass to bassey that led to our second goal? Abeg I go jus log off from this place and go enjoy our win. People will rather dwell in negatives instead of enjoying an amazing win.