Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Post by bret- hart »

I didnt post much during the Afcon because i knew it would end in disappointment. This coach is trash. A slight upgrade from ****. Honestly we are better off with Ekong as Player/coach. Dude used the same formation thru out the tournament without any variation or tweeking, Refused to rotate the squad, Took only 24 players instead of 27( Ahmed Musa is not a footballer), Dropped Simon for Chukwueze, what else? I do not see us qualifying for the WC with Piss-ero as coach. Cut him loose now and move on. See other countries thriving with their own. Why cant we start grooming a decent Nigerian coach instead of paying millions for a trash FC?? Who cursed us? This was the easiest AFCON to win. No North African teams in the way, Ghana eliminated early, Senegal gone. All we had to do was beat this trash IVC team and we couldnt even try. Arrrgghhhh. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:20 am
txj wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:17 am
Cellular wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:52 am I am not even mad.
The better team won.
Congratulations to Ivory Coast.

Disappointed with the overall performance. We could and should have been better in the possession phase. And not just today.

I would move on from JP.
Someone who failed for 32 years, you were expecting him to be better? He literally was very poor for 1 year with us, and coached only 2 great games and Robbynice and his gang of positivity came here to tell us he is a "very good coach." :lol: :lol: I am too weak to even engage with anyone right now, but anyone who actually watched Nigeria for 1 year know that this man is one of the worst coaches we have had.
:laugh: Persin wey don chop belleful, reality of hunger no dey exist. Nigeria na mumu people full am. Na so dem go ride sick donkey, dey tell you say “shebi e still dey waka” until the donkey kpai.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

scholl wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:39 am
danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:20 am
txj wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:17 am
Cellular wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:52 am I am not even mad.
The better team won.
Congratulations to Ivory Coast.

Disappointed with the overall performance. We could and should have been better in the possession phase. And not just today.

I would move on from JP.
Someone who failed for 32 years, you were expecting him to be better? He literally was very poor for 1 year with us, and coached only 2 great games and Robbynice and his gang of positivity came here to tell us he is a "very good coach." :lol: :lol: I am too weak to even engage with anyone right now, but anyone who actually watched Nigeria for 1 year know that this man is one of the worst coaches we have had.
:laugh: Persin wey don chop belleful, reality of hunger no dey exist. Nigeria na mumu people full am. Na so dem go ride sick donkey, dey tell you say “shebi e still dey waka” until the donkey kpai.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yup! thats Nigeria for you. Wasnt it yesterday someone on this forum (cant remember his name now), was arguing with me and said we should reserve 2 spots for 2 non-playing captains for the world cup, because Ekong and Musa may not CHOOSE to retire! So we should just continue.... continue to ride them, until they decide to retire at the age of 50!! :oops: :lol:

World Cup with 23 players, we should reserve 2 seats!! That means, we should go into the tournament with 18 outfield players. no be curse be that so??? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fishward
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward »

, we are fooked 🤣😂
For evil too prosper it only needs men of goodwill to stand by Idile and do nothing!
fishward
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward »

The men of goodwill stood by and watched Peseiro dismantle the attacking flair of Nigeria 🤣😂🥲
For evil too prosper it only needs men of goodwill to stand by Idile and do nothing!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

iworo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:44 am
President - Drug Dealer
Vice President - Terrorism Financier

No be curse be this so?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Something about this una VP guy just reads red flag, not sure maybe it's his stoic serial killer aura and looks but he just rubs me off the wrong way whenever I see him.
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Hahahaha... So now, it has become una VP, Tobi?

Coming so close actually makes me a bit painful. The coach let these boys down in two big ways: i) the tactics today was just cowardly and flat -- he killed the killer instincts in the team; ii) the failure to rotate the players was clear today as it shows the team was tired -- though truth be told, many of us kept saying you don't change a winning team.
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

who made this sticky sef? una for just leave the game thread like the regular one.. you know say many folks on CE here nah big time jinx
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

For me i am glad we made the final. we all knew we were trash before the tournament and overachieved . The good thing about this tournament is we finally found a goalie and Alhassan Yusuf can be a squad player( shocking the other players who were picked before him saw zero mins) however the coach should have used more of his subs especially the attacking players.

I have no idea how the NFF will go forward, I really do not care ( that isn't my job) why lose sleep over something you have zero control over. If they cannot think for themselves , why should folks cry themselves to bed? They just made 4 million dollars in this tournament . We the fans ain't getting shi shi from that wazobia

Some of una should learn how to stop stressing una sefs when it comes to football. It is just a sport. however Nigerians act as if nah the end of the world after a loss. I have learnt how to manage expectations, and wait for the next tournament God willing . plenty football dey this year and next year, More AFCON qualifiers, and the WCQs and then AFCON 2025. For me the most important thing is the WC, i want to watch the SE in the states, AFCON nah every two years. we will win more AFCONS( chei we've lost 5 freaking AFCON finals. That is a record)

I go still watch the SE 24/7 , i go still watch the WCQ even though that wan nah up and down(more tension football processing) ...however i sure miss attacking football though, the tactics we used yesterday was not pleasing to the eyes . To be honest i am glad the tournament is over , that was one very long month of watching my team park the bus in 7 matches and turning Our Osimhen to an attacking defender( the bobo suffer for this tournament no be small, VAR, running , pressing ,(body no be firewood) hardly got enough passes and the gap between the midfield and him get as e really be, after the Cameroon game, our attacks were none existence( this was due to the park the bus tactics) To be honest i did enjoy how disciplined the defense was but transitioning to attack was very limited. me i no like that one at all.

We used to be very good against teams that do not sit. The coach fall my hand for this one. Anyways e don finish , make our boys go back to their clubs continue to perform and come back strong we have 2 massive WCQs in june
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:06 am
Something about this una VP guy just reads red flag, not sure maybe it's his stoic serial killer aura and looks but he just rubs me off the wrong way whenever I see him.
No be only you. The man comes across as a cold blooded creep :scared: :scared:

Wha choo looking at?!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:56 am For me i am glad we made the final. we all knew we were trash before the tournament and overachieved . The good thing about this tournament is we finally found a goalie and Alhassan Yusuf can be a squad player( shocking the other players who were picked before him saw zero mins) however the coach should have used more of his subs especially the attacking players.

I have no idea how the NFF will go forward, I really do not care ( that isn't my job) why lose sleep over something you have zero control over. If they cannot think for themselves , why should folks cry themselves to bed? They just made 4 million dollars in this tournament . We the fans ain't getting shi shi from that wazobia

Some of una should learn how to stop stressing una sefs when it comes to football. It is just a sport. however Nigerians act as if nah the end of the world after a loss. I have learnt how to manage expectations, and wait for the next tournament God willing . plenty football dey this year and next year, More AFCON qualifiers, and the WCQs and then AFCON 2025. For me the most important thing is the WC, i want to watch the SE in the states, AFCON nah every two years. we will win more AFCONS( chei we've lost 5 freaking AFCON finals. That is a record)

I go still watch the SE 24/7 , i go still watch the WCQ even though that wan nah up and down(more tension football processing) ...however i sure miss attacking football though, the tactics we used yesterday was not pleasing to the eyes . To be honest i am glad the tournament is over , that was one very long month of watching my team park the bus in 7 matches and turning Our Osimhen to an attacking defender( the bobo suffer for this tournament no be small, VAR, running , pressing ,(body no be firewood) hardly got enough passes and the gap between the midfield and him get as e really be, after the Cameroon game, our attacks were none existence( this was due to the park the bus tactics) To be honest i did enjoy how disciplined the defense was but transitioning to attack was very limited. me i no like that one at all.

We used to be very good against teams that do not sit. The coach fall my hand for this one. Anyways e don finish , make our boys go back to their clubs continue to perform and come back strong we have 2 massive WCQs in june
You are a true fan. Nigeria was far from being the best team of the tournament, yeah we know winning could mean being good. As a CE quiet fan Nigeria overachieved.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

loool the dude was outted as a major boko haram financier. like, fact! not insult or attack, he was factually revealed! yet, APC pick am, and Nigerians tuned a blind eye :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:00 pm
loool the dude was outted as a major boko haram financier. like, fact! not insult or attack, he was factually revealed! yet, APC pick am, and Nigerians tuned a blind eye :lol:
bobo nah bad luck, why the heck did he come to see our players. these jokers should focus on the economy, they ran to come and pour their cursed luck on the SE, I cannot stand these politicians
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I keep repeating the obvious that Peseiro mismanaged his team by not utilizing his full squad. He basically gassed all his starting players out and then wondered why they couldn’t perform in the final. Everyone kept cheering why change a winning team. But it’s not about that, it’s when your starters are clearly tired you need to sub them out and trust that others in your team can get the job done. As it turns out our starting team had played the most minutes of all the Semi Finalist and it led to that flat tired performance and even the CIV coach has now mentioned that that’s how he won the game

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3PjcIPomv3 ... BiNWFlZA==
We noticed the Nigerian players were tired in the first half. They were not at their
usual best.
I told my players during the half-time break that we must increase the intensity of our game and it worked out well
for us.
EMERSE FAE
IVORY COAST COACH
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

*final loss, not LOST

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:51 pm I keep repeating the obvious that Peseiro mismanaged his team by not utilizing his full squad. He basically gassed all his starting players out and then wondered why they couldn’t perform in the final. Everyone kept cheering why change a winning team. But it’s not about that, it’s when your starters are clearly tired you need to sub them out and trust that others in your team can get the job done. As it turns out our starting team had played the most minutes of all the Semi Finalist and it led to that flat tired performance and even the CIV coach has now mentioned that that’s how he won the game

We noticed the Nigerian players were tired in the first half. They were not at their
usual best.
I told my players during the half-time break that we must increase the intensity of our game and it worked out well
for us.
EMERSE FAE
IVORY COAST COACH
I sounded the alarm first!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:51 pm I keep repeating the obvious that Peseiro mismanaged his team by not utilizing his full squad. He basically gassed all his starting players out and then wondered why they couldn’t perform in the final. Everyone kept cheering why change a winning team. But it’s not about that, it’s when your starters are clearly tired you need to sub them out and trust that others in your team can get the job done. As it turns out our starting team had played the most minutes of all the Semi Finalist and it led to that flat tired performance and even the CIV coach has now mentioned that that’s how he won the game

usual best.
for us.
EMERSE FAE
IVORY COAST COACH
This is what happens when we employ tactically reclusive and redundant managers that will rather die sitting on their subs than manage it smartly. Remember Rohr did the sane thing in the 2019 AFCON when he over-played Ndidi and Etebo? At the Semi-final, Rohr lined up a tired and run-down midfield of the SAME players against an Algerian team that just ran us ragged with their fitter and fresher players. Yesterday we saw a similar thing play out with Iwobi/Onyeka (I could be wrong but it would seem both guys covered the most heat map in this tournament?), cause we simply had no options off the bench to cover for them with Yusuf and Aribo barely getting sparse minutes here and there...Onyedika didn't even smell a minute all tournament. The result was the implosion we saw against CIV, our worn out 2 man midfield was completely overrun by a far more mobile Ivorian three man midfield. And to make matters worse- Iwobi (our ONLY attacking option) was played further back as a defender! Osimhen was pretty much a defender himself!

Maceo4, many of us who know the basics of the game have been crying since the Rohr era about the need for NFF to always make it a curriculum for the coaches to invite more midfielders...it wasn't today this strange obsession of our managers inviting only 4-5 natural playing midfielders started, this goes as far back as the Amodu/Keshi era and it's a bizarre tradition we've maintained. Now Peseiro simply continued from where his predecessors stopped...the next coach will probably continue the pattern.

I'll always ask, is there some unknown secret clause our NFF have with their appointees about making sure they don't invite midfielders at all?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

usual best.
for us.
EMERSE FAE
IVORY COAST COACH
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The bench was tired too. The team celebrated the semifinal win like they had won the final tournament itself. :lol: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:53 pm

usual best.
for us.
EMERSE FAE
IVORY COAST COACH
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The bench was tired too. The team celebrated the semifinal win like they had won the final tournament itself. :lol: :lol:
Which country are you from sef and where did they finish in the competition? Just wondering…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
goldenera94
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-1) Ekong , Kessie 2H

Post by goldenera94 »

spastic wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:30 pm Why would Saidu try to control that long ball :(
That particular low quality play by Saidu resulted in Heller's 2nd goal. Head the ball, but low quality minded Saidu with an Ivorien player next to him applying pressure decided to chest while tracking backward.
Goldenera94