Argentina and Nigeria friendly in China cancelled after furious Lionel Messi fallout

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina and Nigeria friendly in China cancelled after furious Lionel Messi fallout

Post by aruako1 »

Babalawo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:42 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:36 pm I will try real hard to make it. I will see if I can drive my Uber remotely.
Cmoke wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:57 pm Dang!

May have to cancel my naija trip

1naija wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:45 pm Damn! That's on a Tuesday. Do they think everybody is like Kongi that aint got no gaddem Job?
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:22 pm March 26

Los Angeles

Houston to LA?
Uncle please respect the mileage on that your 2009 Corolla.
We don't want SOS biko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Argentina and Nigeria friendly in China cancelled after furious Lionel Messi fallout

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tuesday ke? dem for do am Saturday, man for just take flight go LA friday come back sunday
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:12 am Tuesday ke? dem for do am Saturday, man for just take flight go LA friday come back sunday
Why does it matter? It isn't like you have a real job! When was the last time you took a flight anywhere? And I am not taking about that time I paid for you to fly on Spirit airline.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

LA on a Tuesday.

No wahala, we'll be there.

Any other CE going make una talk.....
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I will very likely be there. If I do decide to go, I will fly in on Friday and leave on Wednesday.
Ugbowo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:19 am LA on a Tuesday.

No wahala, we'll be there.

Any other CE going make una talk.....
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Rumours have it that the Ngr v Arg game in the USA has again been cancelled.
Na wa….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:18 am Rumours have it that the Ngr v Arg game in the USA has again been cancelled.
Na wa….
Then let's find another team to play.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Undertaker wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:39 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:12 am Tuesday ke? dem for do am Saturday, man for just take flight go LA friday come back sunday
Why does it matter? It isn't like you have a real job! When was the last time you took a flight anywhere? And I am not taking about that time I paid for you to fly on Spirit airline.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:18 am Rumours have it that the Ngr v Arg game in the USA has again been cancelled.
Na wa….
Indeed I was told the short turn around time for processing visas needed would not be doable by the US embassy. So friendly canceled.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Hopefully, we get another game during the next FIFA window. I will like us to play some African teams, similar to Benin and SA
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Our qualifiers against South Africa and Benin is during the next window. This was our only opportunity to play a credible opponent before those matches. The only option we have now is a scrimage match against yum yum FC.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:02 pm Hopefully, we get another game during the next FIFA window. I will like us to play some African teams, similar to Benin and SA
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont buy the 'visa problems' excuse.

According to the Argentinian rumor mill the NFF didn't want to pay the expenses for the flights.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:12 pm I dont buy the 'visa problems' excuse.

According to the Argentinian rumor mill the NFF didn't want to pay the expenses for the flights.
The visa thing is from a very very reliable source.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:44 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:12 pm I dont buy the 'visa problems' excuse.

If you say so.

We went to US before, with a bunch of homebased players to boot.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:42 pm

If you say so.

Have you, or a family member ever had any dealings with the US Embassy in Nigeria?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

txj wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:19 am

If you say so.

Have you, or a family member ever had any dealings with the US Embassy in Nigeria?
Not just in Nigeria. Many US embassies have long wait times
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

If you say so.

Friendlies were planned months in advance. Even then, there were still visa problems associated with it. This friendly was never announced by the NFF even when it was in China. All the announcements came from Argentina media and I'll let you know the NFF and their Match promoters were not happy about it.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

If you say so.

The visa situation has become worse. My sister is getting married in the US in June, and in many locations, getting an appointment takes a long time. For London the appointment wait time is 110 days, Lagos and Paris are 434 days - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... times.html