Finidi George Appointed as Nigeria's 🇳🇬 Interim Head Coach

Last edited by wiseone on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Finding George Appointed as Nigeria's 🇳🇬 Interim Head Coach

wiseone wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:26 pm
Congrats Mr Finidi.
I pray you all the success you deserve.
Now you’ve got it, use it.

Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:44 pm
Congrats Mr Finidi.

Congrats for what? He’s temporarily the coach for the next week, will be back as assistant in a couple weeks. I hope Finidi hasn’t helped set himself up as the fall guy. He should’ve let the Nff and Eguavoen handle the 2 friendlies on their own.

He is the head coach not interim coach.

Congrats Mr Finidi.

Looking forward to seeing how he fares...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

Well done. Big ups to King George, wishing him the best

Not a must win. it is a friendly with less than 3 days to prepare. Just want to see Nigeria build depth and have close door preparations for WC qualifications.

txj wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:20 pm
Congrats Mr Finidi.

He was my first choice a few years ago and then he became assistant under the last 3 coaches (correct me if I am wrong, my mind is a bit fuzzy). And the tactics, selection and everything under the last 3 coaches was between average and horrible. I dont know if the last 3 guys told Finidi not to speak or do anything ... in fact, the last guy was boasting about how he listened to Mus and was taking tactical advice from Musa. So, I presume he would also take tactical advice from Finidi. And if thats the case... oh well.

Hang on - I need to pick up their hair that just got split...
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:11 pm He is the head coach not interim coach.
naijaguy
Re: Finidi George Appointed as Nigeria's 🇳🇬 Interim Head Coach

Post by naijaguy »

I wish him all the best.
That was how Senegal started with Cisse. Findi even has more experience.
He was the assistant coach at PEC Zwolle. Has coached Enyimba and won the NPFL. He has a UEFA license A coaching badge. Not many African coaches can boast of such CVs. He seems well prepared for the job.
I wish him all the very best
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.

naijaguy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:25 pm I wish him all the best.
That was how Senegal started with Cisse. Findi even has more experience.
He was the assistant coach at PEC Zwolle. Has coached Enyimba and won the NPFL. He has a UEFA license A coaching badge. Not many African coaches can boast of such CVs. He seems well prepared for the job.
I wish him all the very best
I wish him the best too. We need to encourage local coaches. You have to take advantage of the opportunity. Also need to be given an opportunity before you become a world class coach.

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:25 pm
txj wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:20 pm
Congrats Mr Finidi.

He was my first choice a few years ago and then he became assistant under the last 3 coaches (correct me if I am wrong, my mind is a bit fuzzy). And the tactics, selection and everything under the last 3 coaches was between average and horrible. I dont know if the last 3 guys told Finidi not to speak or do anything ... in fact, the last guy was boasting about how he listened to Mus and was taking tactical advice from Musa. So, I presume he would also take tactical advice from Finidi. And if thats the case... oh well.
I'm no expert at reading body language, but I just always got the feeling that Finidi was barely given any significant roles, neither were his tactical inputs even solicited as assistant under Pisseiro, you could just tell from camp activities that he always seemed distant and alienated from Pisseiro who was evidently closer to his fellow Portuguese backroom staffs.
Schillachi

Post by Schillachi »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
NIGERIAN BADBOY!

Finidi got his coaching start at Mallorca, getting his UEFA pro A license and coaching the youth team. What Nigeria need to do is support him. Assembly a good back room staff. Provide resources for scouting and etc. The guy is the ideal candidate. He has won the local league. He is in position to win another league title. He knows the local players. He can assemble a quality CHAN team and also incorporate them to the main national team. You can't become a world class coach if you are not given an opportunity, What did Southgate achieve before he was given the head coaching role of England? Finidi actually achieved more than South gate. Finidi has actually won a trophy unlike Concecao and other foreign mercenaries they are considering. That Concecao will dump Nigeria in 6 months.

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:56 pm Finidi got his coaching start at Mallorca, getting his UEFA pro A license and coaching the youth team. What Nigeria need to do is support him. Assembly a good back room staff. Provide resources for scouting and etc. The guy is the ideal candidate. He has won the local league. He is in position to win another league title. He knows the local players. He can assemble a quality CHAN team and also incorporate them to the main national team. You can't become a world class coach if you are not given an opportunity, What did Southgate achieve before he was given the head coaching role of England? Finidi actually achieved more than South gate. Finidi has actually won a trophy unlike Concecao and other foreign mercenaries they are considering. That Concecao will dump Nigeria in 6 months.

So, is Finidi SE TA, interim coach, head coach and Chan coach? Which one is it?

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:56 pm Finidi got his coaching start at Mallorca, getting his UEFA pro A license and coaching the youth team. What Nigeria need to do is support him. Assembly a good back room staff. Provide resources for scouting and etc. The guy is the ideal candidate. He has won the local league. He is in position to win another league title. He knows the local players. He can assemble a quality CHAN team and also incorporate them to the main national team. You can't become a world class coach if you are not given an opportunity, What did Southgate achieve before he was given the head coaching role of England? Finidi actually achieved more than South gate. Finidi has actually won a trophy unlike Concecao and other foreign mercenaries they are considering. That Concecao will dump Nigeria in 6 months.
Ohenhen1,

The experience stuff is a GATE and little else. It is used to eliminate some. Success in coaching depends on multiple variables. For me, you should not focus on long term experience but on having the basic technical knowledge which a certificate supposedly measures already. The more difficult but yet important variable is not even on any certificate --- it is about leadership and the human relation aspects. Those loom larger for me because they are important discriminators.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:21 pm

So, is Finidi SE TA, interim coach, head coach and Chan coach? Which one is it?
SE head coach and CHAN coach. There is no technical adviser.

Honestly, Finidi is the right person now. He is already integrated with the team, he is familiar with the terrain, he has won it all.
What I like about Finidi is that he does his thing quietly. No noise

This is the best SE news in 10 years. He’s going to be amazing at this.

highbury wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 pm Honestly, Finidi is the right person now. He is already integrated with the team, he is familiar with the terrain, he has won it all.
Finidi has dedicated his life to coaching since he retired, he’s not a pundit, a wanna be coach who only talks the game on tv. It’s hard for any Nigerian, nff chief included to question his qualifications, dedication and commitment to the game and his country. My biggest fear for him is that the Nff might be setting him up as the next yes man to do their dirty work.

Why have they named him as interim coach and put him on notice to be ready to vacate next month? Is he allowed to choose his assistants or are they imposed on him? I fear because unless he gets the full nod to go ahead, any success he enjoys in the next 2 games might end up being his downfall because they will plot against him by denying him resources for the team. They did it with Keshi and Amodu.
Agbako

Post by Agbako »

Give the man the job. Make I start showering blessings on him. This man if mind and spirit is right with integrity. He is a genius on the field of play. He will use that cleverness to give us the World Cup. George biko stand on Integrity. You will win.

For those who don't know him well. He is still regarded as the best Right Winger in the history of AJAX FC

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:30 pm
highbury wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 pm Honestly, Finidi is the right person now. He is already integrated with the team, he is familiar with the terrain, he has won it all.
Finidi has dedicated his life to coaching since he retired, he’s not a pundit, a wanna be coach who only talks the game on tv. It’s hard for any Nigerian, nff chief included to question his qualifications, dedication and commitment to the game and his country. My biggest fear for him is that the Nff might be setting him up as the next yes man to do their dirty work.
Your biggest fear should be Nigerian fans, not the NFF.
IMHO, a lot of the fear of the NFF is paranoia. It’s recycled fact and fiction rolled into a new narrative year-on-year. We have seen how people are averse to new information and keep repeating 10, 12 yr-old stories as if they happened last week.
But Nigerian fans can be vicious and anyone that believes they don’t have an impact on what the NFF say and do is in denial.
Nigerian fans got rid of Amodu, enabled the NFF to do it in practise and then started crying crocodile tears, pointing fingers at the NFF about the “unfairness” of the dismissal years later. :roll:
Why have they named him as interim coach and put him on notice to be ready to vacate next month? Is he allowed to choose his assistants or are they imposed on him? I fear because unless he gets the full nod to go ahead, any success he enjoys in the next 2 games might end up being his downfall because they will plot against him by denying him resources for the team. They did it with Keshi and Amodu.
Because there’s a process they have to follow in hiring a new coach. Finidi is thankfully part of that equation and tbh, this puts him at an advantage over all the others as long as he doesn’t royally fokkop in these two games.

This is like an audition.
Plus he is a popular fan choice, he knows the players and the players like him and respect him.
He’s been there, done it and even carried the Champions League Trophy to boot.

He just needs time to prove himself.
I don’t believe the NFF would want to mess him up.
It is our fickle, unrealistic, impatient, entitled fans that are his main problem. Instant gratification or cuss him out.

I wish him all the best.

Agbako wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 pm Give the man the job. Make I start showering blessings on him. This man if mind and spirit is right with integrity. He is a genius on the field of play. He will use that cleverness to give us the World Cup. George biko stand on Integrity. You will win.

For those who don't know him well. He is still regarded as the best Right Winger in the history of AJAX FC
One of the best wingers we've seen over the last 25yrs. My prayer that Finidi will lock Simon, Chukwueze and Lookman in a room with a video and koboko is about to come true. :thumb: