Nigeria vs Mali(0-2) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Mali(0-1)

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Might be time to head to bed….
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:31 pm i thought Mali would dominate possession, but they are pretty much very defensive
They’ve already scored, and they don’t need to come out as we certainly can’t penetrate them…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

First half gone.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I no watch the game, but e be like sey dem dey show una shege :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finidi was my first choice many years ago, but I began to distrust him when he was part of ****'s, Egu and Peseiro's team. he was liteally an assistant during one of the worst period of our football. some argued that he didnt hsave a say, but i dont buy that.

i still believe Pisto, Egbo or the former Angolan coach is the best move. lets cut ourselves away from the last 7 years.
Last edited by danfo driver on Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Simon went off and we suddenly attack with more coordination, says alot.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Very poor first half. Two poor halves in a row. I don't think we had a shot on goal
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Abbey wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:30 pm Why the hell are we always playing the ball backwards???????
You have 7 defensive minded players on the pitch. We shouldn't be surprised.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

At least our excuse is we’ve been fasting lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Mali

Post by Babalawo »

Terrible 1st half. We were outplayed and dominated.
I hope Finidi knows his hopes of coaching the SE depends on the next 45 minutes. If he loses this game he might as well kiss his chances goodbye.
Last edited by Babalawo on Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

lacidi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:34 pm Onyedika is a good player. I don't know why Peseiro was not playing him
Far better than Aribo, whom I didnt see what he brought to the AFCON. This Onyedika guy seems like a neat player - keeps it simple like Mikel. And seems to mobile and asks for the ball.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...not playing with gusto, abi dem dey avoid injury?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Babalawo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:37 pm Terrible 1st half. We were outplayed played and dominated.
I hope Finidi knows his hopes of coaching the SE depends on the next 45 minutes. If he loses this game he might as well kiss the Akon goodbye.
All this emotional hoopla over a friendly? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

i hope Simon Moses injury is not serious. Nigeria got depth problems.

Aside from the defensive blunder that led to the goal. I think Nigeria is playing okay for a friendly.

Finidi need to bring in Tella, Lookman, Onyemachi, Taminu, Bashiru, Yusuf, Sadiq in the 2nd half. Need to build depth. The injuries are piling up.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

I really don't understand why Lookman, our most prolific goal scorer in recent times is on the bench. This is how some of these local coaches sabotage themselves..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:37 pm At least our excuse is we’ve been fasting lol
WHAT KIND OF EXCUSE? THE MUSLIM POPULATION OF MALI IS 80% OR MORE PLEASE TOO MUCH BACK PASS THE COACH CAN NOT EVEN SEE IT,
thanks
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Awaziem is the only reason Mali even scored, they weren't threatening despite dominating possession for large portions of the first half...Awaziem plays for a struggling team in Portugal and has never been a eventful player in national colors...there's a reason he was always a second option off the bench under previous coaches.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Schillachi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:39 pm I really don't understand why Lookman, our most prolific goal scorer in recent times is on the bench. This is how some of these local coaches sabotage themselves..
Head scratcher o, esp after he scored last game…why Dessers as well and not Sadiq?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The friendly so far has revealed to me that we lack quality wingbacks and Dessers will find it difficult to get into the team. Also Ndidi has lost a step.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Why should players at this level not able to trap or control the ball,
not to talk about making accurate passes? When some of us say most of
our players are overhyped, it seems we don't love them.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Babalawo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:37 pm Terrible 1st half. We were outplayed played and dominated.
I hope Finidi knows his hopes of coaching the SE depends on the next 45 minutes. If he loses this game he might as well kiss the Akon goodbye.
:rotf: :rotf: come on, we weren't dominated, we made a bone head error, the game is very boring to be honest and We spent more time passing backwards, we have a player like Awazien who has no clue on how to play football and every time i see him play for the SE , he scores or assist an own goal. the only sad part so far is the injury to Simon, I just hope we do not pick up any more pathetic injuries.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

delisyomie don wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:40 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:37 pm At least our excuse is we’ve been fasting lol
WHAT KIND OF EXCUSE? THE MUSLIM POPULATION OF MALI IS 80% OR MORE PLEASE TOO MUCH BACK PASS THE COACH CAN NOT EVEN SEE IT,
Calm down I was being sarcastic 😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:36 pm I no watch the game, but e be like sey dem dey show una shege :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finidi was my first choice many years ago, but I began to distrust him when he was part of ****'s, Egu and Peseiro's team. he was liteally an assistant during one of the worst period of our football. some argued that he didnt hsave a say, but i dont buy that.

i still believe Pisto, Egbo or the former Angolan coach is the best move. lets cut ourselves away from the last 7 years.
You've not missed anything. Very underwhelming.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Awaziem is the only reason Mali even scored, they weren't threatening despite dominating possession for large portions of the first half...Awaziem plays for a struggling team in Portugal and has never been a eventful player in national colors...there's a reason he was always a second option off the bench under previous coaches.