TEAM LIST OUT FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TEAM LIST OUT FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:07 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:20 pm Okoye

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Osayi. . Iwob....ndidi onyeka ..Tella

Vic. Lookman
Okoye in goal? It ain't happening, bros. You think say dis na friendly? No sane manager will do that unless Nwabali is injured. Okoye has to chop bench for a short while.
EII,

You do know that CE is chuck full of uniquely unrealistic people and ideas. Haven’t you noticed that most CEs are projecting Tella as a starter over Iheanacho. Does anyone really believe that’s what Finidi would do❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

pindal123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:07 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:21 pm
There was a report that says Okonkwo has not decided yet if he wants to play for Englan or Nigeria. Also he played in the 4th division last year and he is leaving Arsenal.

Oluwoyin was just media and agent speculation. The coach never told you that he was going to invite him. Didn't play in the last two friendlies.

Omeruo is injured that is O he didn't make the list.
The coach likes Tanimu. Watched him at Bendel Insurance and in the last two friendlies.
\
The reality is the coach is struggling to find replacements for injured players. Ekong, Aina, Sanusi, Omeruo would have made the team if they were fit.
Onyemaechy’s miss is a huge mistake.

Tanimu shouldn’t be called over Ogbu, or even Ndah.

As for Okonkwo, it’s also the coach that has to convince players to play for Nigeria; Gernot Rohr was able to recruit Okoye, Ekong, Balogun, Aina, Ebuehi, Osigwe, Akpoguma etc.
Onyemachi I hear is injured or not fit
The coach likes Tanimu. I also like Tanimu. Also the coach has already worked with him in March.
i agree with you that Finidi should also try to convince players. But Okonkwo is a 4th divison players. At this point of his career he wasn't going to make the SE squad. But we should keep tabs on him. He is like 22. GKs are usuallyu not at their peak at 22. We need to get him in on a friendly.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:56 am
There was a report that says Okonkwo has not decided yet if he wants to play for Englan or Nigeria. Also he played in the 4th division last year and he is leaving Arsenal.

Oluwoyin was just media and agent speculation. The coach never told you that he was going to invite him. Didn't play in the last two friendlies.

The coach likes Tanimu. Watched him at Bendel Insurance and in the last two friendlies.
\
The reality is the coach is struggling to find replacements for injured players. Ekong, Aina, Sanusi, Omeruo would have made the team if they were fit.

As for Okonkwo, it’s also the coach that has to convince players to play for Nigeria; Gernot Rohr was able to recruit Okoye, Ekong, Balogun, Aina, Ebuehi, Osigwe, Akpoguma etc.
The coach likes Tanimu. I also like Tanimu. Also the coach has already worked with him in March.
i agree with you that Finidi should also try to convince players. But Okonkwo is a 4th divison players. At this point of his career he wasn't going to make the SE squad. But we should keep tabs on him. He is like 22. GKs are usuallyu not at their peak at 22. We need to get him in on a friendly.
Tanimu should come correct. He had a good debut but I do not think he should start. For me, starting positions should be granted to those with experience on the team. Tanimu has played two times but this particular game v RSA will be tense.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:46 am

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Vic. Lookman
Okoye in goal? It ain't happening, bros. You think say dis na friendly? No sane manager will do that unless Nwabali is injured. Okoye has to chop bench for a short while.
EII,

You do know that CE is chuck full of uniquely unrealistic people and ideas. Haven’t you noticed that most CEs are projecting Tella as a starter over Iheanacho. Does anyone really believe that’s what Finidi would do❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
I have nothing against Tella but the way some people on the forum are raving about him, one would think he’s world class!
He had a good season in the championship with Burnley and has played a bit part role for Leverkusen this season but he hasn’t stood out in my opinion. There’s no doubt he’s talented but there’s the need to tone down the hype
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

\

Okonkwo is a much better goalie than Ojo no matter how hard you try to convince yourself, Ojo is a token pick. It’s common for goalies to go on loan to lower league teams even though they’re owned by top tier teams. It by no means suggest they’re of lesser quality.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Vic. Lookman
EII,

Cheers.
So you would play Nacho as a wing back over Tella just because he is senior man ?

I know Finidi is not that stupid.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:45 am

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Vic. Lookman
EII,

Cheers.
So you would play Nacho as a wing back over Tella just because he is senior man ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Iwobi and probably Dele-Bashiru could also possibly play RWB. I would play either of the two there before Nacho

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Vic. Lookman
EII,

Cheers.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:18 am

\

Tanimu should come correct. He had a good debut but I do not think he should start. For me, starting positions should be granted to those with experience on the team. Tanimu has played two times but this particular game v RSA will be tense.
Tanimu played once, not twice.

Like you, I won’t trust him to start. I don’t even think he is international quality but time will tell.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Vic. Lookman
EII,

Cheers.

Finidi is not at all stupid and the wide man in a 4-3-3 is not a wing back. You are advocating that Lookman should play wide left in the 4-3-3. Since when did Lookman become a wing back? You are just desperately losing yourself in your ignorance and mindless bias🤔❗️

Cheers.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Here's my IX(3-5-2):

Nwabali
Bassey (LCD)
Awazeim (CD)
Ajayi (RCD)
Yusuf (DM)
Ndidi (DM)
Iwobi (AM)
Osayi-Samuel (LWB)
Tella (RWB)
Osihmen(CF)
Lookman (CF)
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:56 am
highbury wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:44 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:37 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:08 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:52 pm We have

Osho, Torunariga, Igbo, Akpoguma, even Fredrick sef

Yet we are clowning around with mediocre centre backs
It's a shame really.. it shows we lack integrity in our selection and a disregard for hard work of deserving players. Does one of the most important wcq we'll ever play, we select 2 defenders who do not deserve to be in the team based on talent and form.
Which two defenders that don't deserve to be on the list? :roll:
You guys don start again. Coaches have preferences. It has nothing to do with 'integrity'.
I wish I knew where you worked so that I can scrutinize every decision you make and attribute any decision that I don't agree with as due to your own personal lack of integrity.

The speed you guys question someone's integrity makes me question your own integrity. :veryangry:
They are projectors. They project their lack of integrity on others. The most classic projector here is Vancity
Can anybody say with a straight face that Timinu and Sofia have earned a SE call up? If so, pls explain what makes them SE players. Those of you that support Arsenal, Of you had to pick a Nigerian defender which one of you would pick Tiaminu over Osho, Igbu, Torunarigha or Ndah. You people no get shame again sef.
I don't know the reason(s) behind their selection. IMO, Tanimu acquitted himself well in his first game with the team. Sodiq has consistently been one of the best assist guys in the NPFL as a fullback. Those two selections won't cause any reasonable person to automatically call into question the coache's integrity.
There are players not named Tanimu and Sodiq I have a problem with their invitation... they are Awasiem and Chukwueze.
They have failed to impress me in the multiple opportunities they have been given. But that is my personal opinion.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

IF we start Awaziem , we are in deep trouble. i do recall he was at fault big time vs SA a while back in Uyo, scored an own goal vs Lesotho, and not to talk about the last friendly . For me bobo isn't it right now. He needs major improvements
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

olu wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:27 pm Here's my IX(3-5-2):

Nwabali
Bassey (LCD)
Awazeim (CD)
Ajayi (RCD)
Yusuf (DM)
Ndidi (DM)
Iwobi (AM)
Osayi-Samuel (LWB)
Tella (RWB)
Osihmen(CF)
Lookman (CF)

Awaziem shouldn't have been invited much more start.
I keep telling you guys if you watch games without knowing the names of the players you will see players who routinely play like they don't belong but for some reason because of their name, they keep getting invited and even playing.

Imagine if it was Tanimu that made the mistake Awaziem made. Do you think he will be invited back?
Do you think if it was Tanimu that was clearing the ball anyhow and into touch he will be invited back?
Or can't pass out of the back?
Could Awaziem have been able to recover and track down a striker who was about to score?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:21 pm IF we start Awaziem , we are in deep trouble. i do recall he was at fault big time vs SA a while back in Uyo, scored an own goal vs Lesotho, and not to talk about the last friendly . For me bobo isn't it right now. He needs major improvements
I am still trying to figure out what he does well.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nwabali
Bassey (LCD)
Awazeim (CD)
Ajayi (RCD)
Yusuf (DM)
Ndidi (DM)
Iwobi (AM)
Osayi-Samuel (LWB)
Tella (RWB)
Osihmen(CF)
Lookman (CF)
Not a guarantee Osayi Samuel will start. Sodiq could the the RWB and Tella the LWB.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:45 am

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Vic. Lookman
EII,

Cheers.

Finidi is not at all stupid and the wide man in a 4-3-3 is not a wing back. You are advocating that Lookman should play wide left in the 4-3-3. Since when did Lookman become a wing back? You are just desperately losing yourself in your ignorance and mindless bias🤔❗️

Cheers.

But Iheanacho is not a wide player. In a 4-3-3 there's no question he's better suited to start over Kele...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

No guarantee. However, I'll go with Osayi-Samuel cos of his experience.
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:24 pm

Nwabali
Bassey (LCD)
Awazeim (CD)
Ajayi (RCD)
Yusuf (DM)
Ndidi (DM)
Iwobi (AM)
Osayi-Samuel (LWB)
Tella (RWB)
Osihmen(CF)
Lookman (CF)
Not a guarantee Osayi Samuel will start. Sodiq could the the RWB and Tella the LWB.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:51 am

\

Okonkwo is a much better goalie than Ojo no matter how hard you try to convince yourself, Ojo is a token pick. It’s common for goalies to go on loan to lower league teams even though they’re owned by top tier teams. It by no means suggest they’re of lesser quality.
Okonkwo has the potential to be better than Ojo. But right now I will take Ojo. The guy has been a part of the setup for a long time and he has been the starter at Enyimba FC. I will even take Uzoho ahead of Okonkwo right now. I like Okonkwo. Been watching him since he was like 15 at Arsenal. But I have to be honest. He won't make the SE right now. BTW has he publicly said he will play for Nigeria? So what is the point of the debate over selecting him.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The mistake Awaziem made was caused by indicipline by the defence starting with Nwabali. They were trying to act like they are Man City, passing the ball around the 18 with opposing players within 5 feet of the ball. We were even lucky Mali did not have players like Osimhen that puts serious pressure on the defence. I hope Finidi fixes this or we will concede more goal from pressure by opponents.

Having said that, whom would you have invited in his place, with Ekong and Omeruo out injured? Sometimes, experience matters. Rohr learnt this the hard way trying to play all young and inexperienced player against the same South Africa in Abuja.
Cellular wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:23 pm

Nwabali
Bassey (LCD)
Awazeim (CD)
Ajayi (RCD)
Yusuf (DM)
Ndidi (DM)
Iwobi (AM)
Osayi-Samuel (LWB)
Tella (RWB)
Osihmen(CF)
Lookman (CF)

Awaziem shouldn't have been invited much more start.
I keep telling you guys if you watch games without knowing the names of the players you will see players who routinely play like they don't belong but for some reason because of their name, they keep getting invited and even playing.

Imagine if it was Tanimu that made the mistake Awaziem made. Do you think he will be invited back?
Do you think if it was Tanimu that was clearing the ball anyhow and into touch he will be invited back?
Or can't pass out of the back?
Could Awaziem have been able to recover and track down a striker who was about to score?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi has the la Liga influence. Most teams in La Liga play like Man city, passing the ball from the back. That is not going to change. Awaziem and Tanimu can both play as a fulld back or central defender. Still need at least one more defender. 6 players is risky.

Nwabili
Tanimu, Ajayi, Bassey
Sodiq, Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyeka, Tella
Lookman, Osimhen

I see problems in the defense. Still need to call up more players.

2nd team
Okoye
Osayi, Awaziem,
Iwobi, Onyediak, Yusuf
Iheancho, Bonfiace/Moffi/Onauchu, Chukwuze

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:08 pm Finidi has the la Liga influence. Most teams in La Liga play like Man city, passing the ball from the back. That is not going to change. Awaziem and Tanimu can both play as a fulld back or central defender. Still need at least one more defender. 6 players is risky.

Nwabili
Tanimu, Ajayi, Bassey
Sodiq, Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyeka, Tella
Lookman, Osimhen

I see problems in the defense. Still need to call up more players.

Have you ever watched Sodiq and Tiaminu playing the Man City system? If you see problems in defense and want more players called, why were the players you want called in the first place?
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:31 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:45 am

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Vic. Lookman
EII,

Cheers.

Cheers.

But Iheanacho is not a wide player. In a 4-3-3 there's no question he's better suited to start over Kele...
That is your opinion and yours alone. Iheanacho has played the wide attacking role for both Leicester and Nigeria even though he’s more comfortable in the support striker and line lead roles. Nathan Tella has only played a bit part for Bayer Leverkusen. No coach worth his salt would start Tella over Nacho in any conceivable role. Take that to the bank🤔❗️

Cheers.