CAF BULALAS DIOUF WITH 3 MATCH SUSPENSION ---

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SUYA
CAF BULALAS DIOUF WITH 3 MATCH SUSPENSION ---

Post by SUYA »

Tunis 09 February 04

CAN Organising Committee decisions
CAN Organising Committee, which was presided over by CAF President Issa Hayatou met on 9 February 2004 and took the following decisions:

After reviewing the video footage of Senegal/Tunisia match, the committee identified various incidents which took place during the match.
Senegalese player no. 11 Diouf EL Hadji is suspended for three matches for cases of violent conduct during the match between Tunisia and Senegal. The suspension will take effect from African Nations Cup/World Cup 2006 qualifier.

Three Senegalese officials who entered the field of play are suspended from sitting on the bench for one year for all CAF matches. They are Amara Traore, Abdoulaye Sarr and Dr Fallou Cisse.

The committee also imposed a fine of $500 on the Tunisian FA. The decision was taken as result of a foul language used on CAF General Coordinator by Tunisian player no.5 Jaziri Zeid during Tunisia/Senegal match.

On the Moroccan/Algerian match, disciplinary action will be taken on the 12th February 04. The Committee is expecting more details before taking a final decision.

The ACN Organizing Committee noticed with regret the attitude of the Tunisian ball boys for failing to release the ball immediately after it goes off the pitch as stipulated.

For further information:
Communication Division:
Tunis Tel: ++216 22489016
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

F_______ the bas_____________ ! I cannot morally continue to support a player like Diouf and a team like Senegal.

CAF did the right thing!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Diop and Sylva should also be sanctione!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Easy easy.....take a deep breath bro. :lol:
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

how come the tunisian players got away
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

My brother:
I am sorry. I am so upset with Diouf and Senegal's conduct overall, that I might just slap dude if we ever meet!
SUYA wrote:Easy easy.....take a deep breath bro. :lol:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I have to be honest. The Senegalese guys let me down. This gives the Rod Liddle guy ammunition to shoot us with.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

From autograph to slap...........football is a wicked game.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Indeed, my brother! :lol: I am sure that after I tell him what I have on my mind, he will have no option but to attack me! 8) What I have to say to him will be painful and bitter!
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:33 am Post subject:

From autograph to slap...........football is a wicked game.
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

I agree with Yujam.
Although to be honest I don't think CAF might have seen the whole picture otherwise Tunissia wouldn't have gotten away the way they did.
This also points out to the fact that CAF coverage of the game is suspect. They need a better coverage for this tournament. Camera angles as they have it at the moment is not enough.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

$500 fine for Tunisia?

Gimme a gaddem break! When the ball boys and photographers conspire to bring the game to disrepute and all they get is $500 fine!

It would not change anything...

God help Naija if they are chasing a goal against these Tunisians...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

The committee also imposed a fine of $500 on the Tunisian FA. The decision was taken as result of a foul language used on CAF General Coordinator by Tunisian player no.5 Jaziri Zeid during Tunisia/Senegal match.
Why isn't jaziri suspended as well? :x
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?