Juninho Pernambucano: best free kick taker in the world?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Juninho Pernambucano: best free kick taker in the world?

Post by Scipio Africanus »

This dude seems to score them on demand. 8-)

Wha choo looking at?!
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

He is certainly the best (at the moment).
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

u need to see the freekick he took wen they played ggreece in the confed cup, he's a bankable guy wen it comes to it, d weird thing was dat the commentator was just being fed on how good d guy was in freekick, n juninho came on as a sub n he's 1st touch was a sublime freekick, d guy doesn't disappoint
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
scholl
Egg
Egg
Re: Juninho Pernambucano: best free kick taker in the world?

Post by scholl »

Scipio Africanus wrote:This dude seems to score them on demand. 8-)
I had mentioned this on the forum about 3 weeks ago. No doubt!
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Even though Beckham's entire career is built on his supposed ability with the head ball, Juninho is far superior and can do much more than just play free kicks.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

The guy is special. He makes Lyon go.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Pirlo is better than him.
apuskleke

Post by apuskleke »

mastermind wrote:Pirlo is better than him.
is a lie :roll:
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

apuskleke wrote:
I will pick Pirlo ahead of him, a freekick is not enough for a player, you need other things. Brazilian team got Carlos, Adriano and Ronaldinho fighting to play the freekick already, he will be a fringe player at best if he doesn't develop his play making skills.
apuskleke

Post by apuskleke »

mastermind wrote:
apuskleke wrote:
I will pick Pirlo ahead of him, a freekick is not enough for a player, you need other things. Brazilian team got Carlos, Adriano and Ronaldinho fighting to play the freekick already, he will be a fringe player at best if he doesn't develop his play making skills.
but i dnt think thats the only thing Juninho Pe. does..he is an all round player is u watch OL play
then i will pick him ahead of Beckham cos thats what DB knows how to do best and nuthing else
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

mastermind wrote:
apuskleke wrote:

Read the thread title again. It is about the 'best freekick taker' hmmmmmm
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Al B Sure wrote:
mastermind wrote:
apuskleke wrote:

Read the thread title again. It is about the 'best freekick taker' hmmmmmm
Pirlo is as good if not a better freekick taker than him. Read my first reply again.
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Pirlo is a better 'freekick' taker? :lol: :lol: :lol: No need to even continue this discussion.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Al B Sure wrote:Pirlo is a better 'freekick' taker? :lol: :lol: :lol: No need to even continue this discussion.
The guy is not that good of a freekicker, adriano, Okocha, beckham, Ronaldinho, Zidane are better than him.

The only way to know if someone is really good a freekicker is when they performed under pressure and when the going get tough. Okocha's freekick against Cameroon was priceless, it came right after cameroon scored. Zidane's freekick against England was priceless, it came on the 90 minute.

Your boy hasn't really played any big games, he hasn't really done much to proclaim him the best freekick taker in the world. I watched him in CL last year, his freekick wasn't able to rescue Lyon from defeat against PSV. This guy will be a fringe player at best for brazil, he might not even get any minute in WC. Who are they gonna bench 4 him ? kaka or Ronaldinho.

Come back when he score a freekick in a crucial game, CL final or WC finals or something.
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Oh for goodnerss sake mastermind stop this. You can have opinions that defer, but don't try and insult people's intelligence. The guy is scoring freekick for hic club in the league, in the champions league, and for his National team. I knew we were going to start introducing some other preambles just to win arguement or sound bombastic. But the best freekick taker at the moment which this thread is suppose to be about (by the way) is Juninho FACT! No need for the preambles.
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

mastermind .. Juninho has a conversion rate of about 50% if not more .. that dude is dangerous!! Peeps in England say Beckham .. but men even Beckham privately will admit he needs lessons from Juninho .. wut i dont get is why the likes of Real havent moved for him ..
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Cristao don't worry, you will see that the Goalpost will be shifted a bit now with things like Juninho is not pretty enough, he has not married two wives, he is not under enough pressure or some other brouhaha they can come up with mscheeeeeeeeew
Last edited by Al B Sure on Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

sabb wrote:u need to see the freekick he took wen they played ggreece in the confed cup, he's a bankable guy wen it comes to it, d weird thing was dat the commentator was just being fed on how good d guy was in freekick, n juninho came on as a sub n he's 1st touch was a sublime freekick, d guy doesn't disappoint
the one that convinced me that the guy is supernatural was Lyon vs Madrid ..
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Juninho P. is a beast with a dead ball... Pirlo aint got nothing on him

There is no doubting of Becks prowess with a dead ball

it wouldnt be mastermind if it actually made sense
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Dodo wrote:Juninho P. is a beast with a dead ball... Pirlo aint got nothing on him

u be dodo 4 real. I will still pick Zidane, Ronaldinho and Okocha to play my freekick ahead of him. Dude was hot in 3 months now he's the best ever ? I will even pick nedved ahead of him. ur dundu self should watch more serie A games.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

mastermind wrote:
Dodo wrote:Juninho P. is a beast with a dead ball... Pirlo aint got nothing on him

u be dodo 4 real. I will still pick Zidane, Ronaldinho and Okocha to play my freekick ahead of him. Dude was hot in 3 months now he's the best ever ? I will even pick nedved ahead of him. ur dundu self should watch more serie A games.
ofcourse you would, u are mastermind afterall

meanwhile where did i say he was the best ever?
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

mastermind wrote:

hot in 3 months .. dude do u know wut u are talkin about .. this guy has been the man in FK for 3 yrs running and more!! .. go check wut his nickname is! Mr 0.5 .. cos he always scores at least 1 in 2 freekicks .. JJ cant touch him, nedved cant either even Ronaldinho .. even Zidane sef mite be doubtful
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Cristao wrote:
mastermind wrote:

hot in 3 months .. dude do u know wut u are talkin about .. this guy has been the man in FK for 3 yrs running and more!! .. go check wut his nickname is! Mr 0.5 .. cos he always scores at least 1 in 2 freekicks .. JJ cant touch him, nedved cant either even Ronaldinho .. even Zidane sef mite be doubtful
The bobo is a fringe brazilian player so i don't rate him. He never play in any big game, he's not under pressure to perform in lyon, team is not built around him so why wouldn't he score a freekick ? Even Essien shine more than him in Lyon, the bobo is not a world class player.

Come back when he score a freekick in a world cup game where brazil desperately need a goal and they got 1 minute till the end of the game. This guy is not really rated by any big team, u don't know how good a player is until they perform under pressure or on a spotlight. Go and ask Lampard. :lol:

I will still pick those players that i mentioned ahead of him cos they are world class players. When going get tough world class players always show their class, an average player like him will just choke. Go and rewatch Euro 2004 -Eng vs France, and see what happened at the 90th minute, it will show u why Zidane won WFY many times, WC and CLs.
Last edited by mastermind on Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.