Nigerian team in Germany

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Yiba wrote:
Fegwu wrote:

In Emeka's case, Berti seems to see him as his right hand man, his trust box, his extra eyes on this treacherous journey.
But Emeka should not seat on the trainer's bench with Vogts during matches. It creates the impression that he is part of the Coaching crew.
I highlighted the other time that Berti is handling his job like a mercenary. I am appalled.
You are right this worried me.

Why would Berti allow this?

1. Berti speaks good English

2. Hassler and Uli translator?

3. He is not on NFA "contract".

This is the first I have seen a coach's manager seat with him him on the bench. I was shocked then that the news media and Naija fans did not raise hell about it. I guess people were too shocked of the game itself they forgot about who was sitting on the bench.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Yiba wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:Yiba:

Here is that Suya's thread:

viewtopic.php?t=91651&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Thanks
Yiba pls assist Suya so we can get to the bottom of all this nonsense.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Gotti and his pro-IC friends need to be shown that we do not engage in double standards. Apart from anything else, it is a recipe for disaster because Ezeala has a conflict of interests here.
Rather rich coming from a dude who claimed "input" into Robson's supposed Eagles' list! :roll:

Even richer coming from the same dude that tried to forward a so-called "dossier" to Chukwu through Ezesportsworld -- and subsequently became abusive and started accusing Ezesportsworld of all manner of criminal conduct because dude reportedly threw the dossier into the trash bin.

Dude, I am not interested in the petty personal peeves that you bear against Mr. Ezeala or others who have the access to Ms. Betty that you so desperately seek. Nevertheless, let me assure that most of us can clearly see through the DOUBLE STANDARD that seeks to blame Mr. Ezeala for Sisi Betty's foibles!

<
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Gotti and his pro-IC friends need to be shown that we do not engage in double standards. Apart from anything else, it is a recipe for disaster because Ezeala has a conflict of interests here.
Rather rich coming from a dude who claimed "input" into Robson's supposed Eagles' list! :roll:

Even richer coming from the same dude that tried to forward a so-called "dossier" to Chukwu through Ezesportsworld -- and subsequently became abusive and started accusing Ezesportsworld of all manner of criminal conduct because dude reportedly threw the dossier into the trash bin.

Dude, I am not interested in the petty personal peeves that you bear against Mr. Ezeala or others who have the access to Ms. Betty that you so desperately seek. Nevertheless, let me assure that most of us can clearly see through the DOUBLE STANDARD that seeks to blame Mr. Ezeala for Sisi Betty's foibles!

<
Whatever you say about me, the fact remains that I do not have an academy or represent any players I would like to get into the team. Nigeria is a country of 140m coaches who all have views about how the team should look.

Like you and everyone else, I have my ideas but it is a different matter when a man with a vested economic interest like Ezeala, Shittu, Emenalor of Oliseh is in charge of team selection. It is very sad that you cannot see this distinction.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Gotti wrote:

<
herein lies the point every unbaised Naija Cyber has been trying to make about Ayo' accusations :roll:

Ezeala is irrelevant if Berti does his job. So the question continues to beg for an anwser...
"Why the continous focus on Ezeala when the Vogts is so obviously the PROBLEM."

If Exeala's has aconflict of interest so obvious to the world, how come Vogts can't see this....Andif he can't, what does that say about him (Berti) :?:

How come Ayo isn't openning threads berating Berti's incompetence. But yet suddenly we all know who Ezeala is.

Now for the Upthenth time i AM ASKING. If it is true that Ezeala made up a list filled with personal clients (including droppers)

"HOW IN HELL DID OKORONKWO START"

Can U pleeeeeeeeeeeease anwser that question :twisted:
MCTID... We don't play that weak stuff.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

spastic wrote:
Gotti wrote:

<
herein lies the point every unbaised Naija Cyber has been trying to make about Ayo' accusations :roll:

Ezeala is irrelevant if Berti does his job. So the question continues to beg for an anwser...

If Exeala's has aconflict of interest so obvious to the world, how come Vogts can't see this....Andif he can't, what does that say about him (Berti) :?:

How come Ayo isn't openning threads berating Berti's incompetence. But yet suddenly we all know who Ezeala is.

Now for the Upthenth time i AM ASKING. If it is true that Ezeala made up a list filled with personal clients (including droppers)

Are you blind? I have launched no fewer than a dozen threads berating Berti for this.
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Ayo-
The problem with you is that you are so biased in your analysis that you refuse to acknowledge the truth even when it is biting your nose.
You keep on harping that Ezeala should not be slecting the team because he has vested interests. Who put him in place to pick the team? Did Ezeala hire himself? Is he not Vogts's assistant? (BTW, Vogts picked the team. Once he signed off on the list it was his list)

The cold hard fact is that the buck stops with Vogts- who is being paid millions to do a job. Yet your flimsy excuse is that Ezeala is manipulating the team list. I guess all this noise is just a round about way to allow you avoid seeing Vogts for what he is.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mke1010 wrote:
Who put him in place to pick the team? Did Ezeala hire himself? Is he not Vogts's assistant? (BTW, Vogts picked the team. Once he signed off on the list it was his list)

The cold hard fact is that the buck stops with Vogts- who is being paid millions to do a job.
I am in 100% agreement with you!
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
spastic wrote:
Gotti wrote:

<

Are you blind? I have launched no fewer than a dozen threads berating Berti for this.
Really :shock: Abeg point me in the right direction, I need proof.... I need to see this with my own korokoro eyes..... And It better not be the half-assed "Berti is trusting others crap" I need a "Betty is a dissapointement of the highest order" type threads

Do U have anything in that variety :?:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

spastic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
spastic wrote:
Gotti wrote:

<

Really :shock: Abeg point me in the right direction, I need proof.... I need to see this with my own korokoro eyes..... And It better not be the half-assed "Berti is trusting others crap" I need a "Betty is a dissapointement of the highest order" type threads

This forum has a search function.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Who put him in place to pick the team? Did Ezeala hire himself? Is he not Vogts's assistant? (BTW, Vogts picked the team. Once he signed off on the list it was his list)

The cold hard fact is that the buck stops with Vogts- who is being paid millions to do a job.
I am in 100% agreement with you!
IF U are in agreement, then put your mouth where ur money is (FC lve be damned) and start a thread on the need for Berti to be dumped now, as opposed towhen we fail toqualify for the worldcup.

God knows U were on Egu's case after a 5-1 beatdown of Algeria away, and yet inspite of all the evidence pilling up against Berti-I am yet to see a categorical thread from U stating the facts RAW.

I like to see an AyoAkinfe thead that reads something like this

"Inspite of My greatest hopes And Desire to see the Potential of such a talented bunch of player as that of Nigeria come to fruition Under the tutelage of a Capable coach. I am saddened to report to U my fellow Eagle lovers that we might have the most incompetent FC on Our hands. And it is with great sadness in my heart that I am calling on all of U to support me in a petition calling for the firing of this man now, before it is too late"

As a matter of fact U can name the thread " The wrong FC" or "Not My Choice" or "Life After Berti: an insight into other options" or "Not a BertiMan" or " The Evil we Know is Berti than..." or " A man fired: A deeper look at Kuwait, Scotland, Germany, Bremen and what they have in common" or U get the point...

As U can see the options are endless 8-)
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
spastic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
spastic wrote:
Gotti wrote:

<

This forum has a search function.
Yes it does, but your prolificity at openning threads makes it a daunting task, and from what I have seen I doubt it had a Header like the one I requested. My intuition is that U snuck it in somewhere and fishing for that is a daunting task.Wouldn't U agree :?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Spastic, Happy Easter. I do not agree with you that everything is lost. Berti can still retreave the situation if he takes it upon himself to scout players.

Arthur Jorge had been sliding down the pole since he won the 89 European Cup with Porto but rejuvenated his career with Cameroon. What the man did was immediately look at the team and call up players he felt he needed.

Jorge had drawn up a list of players he needed before he even took the job. He brought back Raymind Kalla because he felt the team was weak in this area, brought in Rudolf Douala and Daniel Ngom Kome, moved Geremi to right back and started playing Pierre Webo as his targetman.

He also dropped Mbami and Djemba for Makoun and Alioum and recalled Salomon Olembe. There is absolutely nothing stopping Berti carrying out a reorganisation like this with the Eagles.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Spastic, Happy Easter. I do not agree with you that everything is lost. Berti can still retreave the situation if he takes it upon himself to scout players.

Arthur Jorge had been sliding down the pole since he won the 89 European Cup with Porto but rejuvenated his career with Cameroon. What the man did was immediately look at the team and call up players he felt he needed.

Jorge had drawn up a list of players he needed before he even took the job. He brought back Raymind Kalla because he felt the team was weak in this area, brought in Rudolf Douala and Daniel Ngom Kome, moved Geremi to right back and started playing Pierre Webo as his targetman.

He also dropped Mbami and Djemba for Makoun and Alioum and recalled Salomon Olembe. There is absolutely nothing stopping Berti carrying out a reorganisation like this with the Eagles.
True.... But U underestimate the power of interest.... The man is categorically uninterested in Nigeria.... I mean he is so uninterested, that he coudn't even stomach watching the Nigerian friendly to the end :shock: Supposedly he had something so important in Germany to get back to that couldn't wait 45 more minutes...

You also claimed he delegated his duties to others (if true another mark against him.)

He has no interest in our Local players (no interest in spending an extra day in Nigeria, talk less watchhing NPL matches)

There are rumors all over about interests in Foreign born Nigerians, overnight we've become Angola, searching for players who are finding out about their Nigerian identity yesterday, yet those who grew up in Nigeria and are oing well are being iignored left and right.

In my opinion U need a discernable modicum of disinterest to achieve such a level of incompetence :idea:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

spastic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Spastic, Happy Easter. I do not agree with you that everything is lost. Berti can still retreave the situation if he takes it upon himself to scout players.

True.... But U underestimate the power of interest.... The man is categorically uninterested in Nigeria.... I mean he is so uninterested, that he coudn't even stomach watching the Nigerian friendly to the end :shock: Supposedly he had something so important in Germany to get back to that couldn't wait 45 more minutes...

You also claimed he delegated his duties to others (if true another mark against him.)

He has no interest in our Local players (no interest in spending an extra day in Nigeria, talk less watchhing NPL matches)

There are rumors all over about interests in Foreign born Nigerians, overnight we've become Angola, searching for players who are finding out about their Nigerian identity yesterday, yet those who grew up in Nigeria and are oing well are being iignored left and right.

In my opinion U need a discernable modicum of disinterest to achieve such a level of incompetence :idea:
Valid point about interest. Maybe KoC, AJ Guru, Rafiozo or Ikwerreman could help us out here. Can they interview the man and actually find out how he is thinking.

I must admit, some of his actions are just plain inexplicable. Many of them are self-defeating. In most cases, he will actually be the worst loser.

You and I know all the players that will make Ghana, Senegal, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Mali and DR Congo tick, despite the fact that we have nothing to do with these teams. I cannot for the life of me understand how Berti cannot know what every Nigerian player eats for breakfast.

By now, Berti should know the shoe size of all the players, know how many kids each of them has, be aware of everyone's dietary habits, know what kind of music each person listens too, etc. The fact that he is still relying on people like Ezeala and Eguavoen to tell him who is who is just mind boggling.

Surely, he must have had an idea of what players he wanted in the team before he even took the job. Does Berti even know that a player like Richard Eromoigbe exists at all?
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
spastic wrote:

Valid point about interest. Maybe KoC, AJ Guru, Rafiozo or Ikwerreman could help us out here. Can they interview the man and actually find out how he is thinking.

I must admit, some of his actions are just plain inexplicable. Many of them are self-defeating. In most cases, he will actually be the worst loser.

You and I know all the players that will make Ghana, Senegal, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Mali and DR Congo tick, despite the fact that we have nothing to do with these teams. I cannot for the life of me understand how Berti cannot know what every Nigerian player eats for breakfast.

By now, Berti should know the shoe size of all the players, know how many kids each of them has, be aware of everyone's dietary habits, know what kind of music each person listens too, etc. The fact that he is still relying on people like Ezeala and Eguavoen to tell him who is who is just mind boggling.

Surely, he must have had an idea of what players he wanted in the team before he even took the job. Does Berti even know that a player like Richard Eromoigbe exists at all?
Now if all the questions U are asking are valid.

Shouldn't we have our finger on the panic button already :?: Just waiting to press. I for one still believe in the illusion of Nigeria'ssuperior talent in comparison to most African teams. I personally for the life of me cannot believe anyone outside of Civ, Cam, Gha, and Egypt has the enough cohesiness and talent to overcome the disparity in talent between us and them.

Granted on a great day for Tunisia or Congo,Senegal even Uganda we could lose to them, but in a tournament type situation eith the gods of luck at rest I fncy our chances inspite of whoevver the coach is.

Thus my issue lies with the big boys, and the WC. Call me elitist, but I worry little about the Uganda's and and Lesotho's of this world.

Thus I worry in the long haul when we get to the real test, and it is time for 65 thousand dollar man to be counted, we would be found wanting again. :(
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Spastic, my finger was on the panic button as soon as I saw Ezeala's 37-man list. When I screamed, people started calling me all sorts of names.

If you recollect, I issued my own 37-man list, which looked something like this:

[1] Vince Enyeama
[2] Austin Ejide
[3] Dele Aiyenuga
[4] Greg Etafia

[5] Chidi Odiah
[6] Ekene Emigo
[7] Taiye Taiwo
[8] Ifeanyi Emeghara
[9] Mutiu Adegoke

[10] Joseph Yobo
[11] Rabiu Afolabi
[12] Obinna Nwaneri
[13] Onyekachi Apam
[14] Joe Enakarhire
[15] Dele Adeleye

[16] Yusuf Ayila
[17] Chris Obodo
[18] Onyekachi Okonkwo
[19] Richard Eromoigbe
[20] Sunday Stephen
[21] Adigun Salami

[22] Mikel Obi
[23] Seyi Olofinjana
[24] Rabiu Ibrahim

[25] Obafemi Martins
[26] John Utaka
[27] Obinna Nsofor
[28] Ike Uche
[29] Chinedu Ogbuke
[30] Yakubu Aiyegbeni
[31] Osaze Odemwingie

My remaining six players would be home-based!
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Yes I remembered Ur outcry, but what was sad about it was it's focus, which was spotted on Ezeala instead of Vogts.

Even if Ezeala did invite everyone on the listed and created it without even consulting Vogts. The Outcry should have been... "Vogts is incompetent for delegating his job to someone esle" Whoever that person was should really have been irrelevant.

As It is Vogts and not Ezeala getting paid $65k.

IT is Vogts and not Ezeala who wouldn't show up until he saw his money in his account.

So when terribble lists are drawn up (and there is no evidence of Gunpoint strong arming,) it is Vogts and not Ezeala we should be investigating, questioning, and contemplating firing.

And to top it all off, It was Vogts and not Ezeala that started the 'undeserving camp invitee Okoronkwo" on who's invitation this whole Ezeala backlash is based.

So why aren't we investigating Vogts again :? and Why are we beating around the bush about Ezeala :?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

spastic wrote:Yes I remembered Ur outcry, but what was sad about it was it's focus, which was spotted on Ezeala instead of Vogts.

Even if Ezeala did invite everyone on the listed and created it without even consulting Vogts. The Outcry should have been... "Vogts is incompetent for delegating his job to someone esle" Whoever that person was should really have been irrelevant.

IT is Vogts and not Ezeala who wouldn't show up until he saw his money in his account.

So when terribble lists are drawn up (and there is no evidence of Gunpoint strong arming,) it is Vogts and not Ezeala we should be investigating, questioning, and contemplating firing.

And to top it all off, It was Vogts and not Ezeala that started the 'undeserving camp invitee Okoronkwo" on who's invitation this whole Ezeala backlash is based.

So why aren't we investigating Vogts again :? and Why are we beating around the bush about Ezeala :?
Our NFA has promised to address the matter. Let us see what they do next.
The Ugandan
Egg
Egg

Post by The Ugandan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
spastic wrote:Yes I remembered Ur outcry, but what was sad about it was it's focus, which was spotted on Ezeala instead of Vogts.

Our NFA has promised to address the matter. Let us see what they do next.
Ayo defense is played as a unit. Blaming Okoronkwo, for being harassed by the Cranes is ridiculous. The likes of Obi should know, b'se Jose takes it this concept to the extreme.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Yiba wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Yiba wrote:
Fegwu wrote:

In Emeka's case, Berti seems to see him as his right hand man, his trust box, his extra eyes on this treacherous journey.
But Emeka should not seat on the trainer's bench with Vogts during matches. It creates the impression that he is part of the Coaching crew.
I highlighted the other time that Berti is handling his job like a mercenary. I am appalled.
We have to do something about this Yiba. Do you think we should organise a petition and send it to the NFA?

I for one am going to take this matter very seriously before they start accusing me of hypocrisy on this site. If Churchill Oliseh had sat on the bench next to Chukwu, had a hand in team selection or was the one inviting players to camp, I would be up in arms about it.

Gotti and his pro-IC friends need to be shown that we do not engage in double standards. Apart from anything else, it is a recipe for disaster because Ezeala has a conflict of interests here.
I wanted to drive to Laupheim this morning but based on the posts on this thread, i lost motivation. Ansfed first game is 11.00 CET and Vogts is the August visitor.

I suggest we should get the facts together before writing a petition. It is totally unacceptable for Emeka to operate under this status quo.
I support this idea.

Ayo,

Do you have Berti's contacts? We must send a strong worded petition to him, copying necessary bodies.

In fact, we should use available channels to give bad publicity to this unholy Vogts/Ezeala wedlock!
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

anointed wrote:
Yiba wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Yiba wrote:
Fegwu wrote:

We have to do something about this Yiba. Do you think we should organise a petition and send it to the NFA?

I for one am going to take this matter very seriously before they start accusing me of hypocrisy on this site. If Churchill Oliseh had sat on the bench next to Chukwu, had a hand in team selection or was the one inviting players to camp, I would be up in arms about it.

Gotti and his pro-IC friends need to be shown that we do not engage in double standards. Apart from anything else, it is a recipe for disaster because Ezeala has a conflict of interests here.
I wanted to drive to Laupheim this morning but based on the posts on this thread, i lost motivation. Ansfed first game is 11.00 CET and Vogts is the August visitor.

I suggest we should get the facts together before writing a petition. It is totally unacceptable for Emeka to operate under this status quo.
I support this idea.

Ayo,

Do you have Berti's contacts? We must send a strong worded petition to him, copying necessary bodies.

In fact, we should use available channels to give bad publicity to this unholy Vogts/Ezeala wedlock!
Are you jobless :mrgreen: or maybe you didn't get your 'projected'
10% from the 'SHEEP' :mrgreen: .
Strong worded petition :lol: my a--- :mrgreen:
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

spastic wrote: How come Ayo isn't openning threads berating Berti's incompetence.

And would such threads change anything? We could open a thousand thread and the status quo will remains. I dont think Ayo's posts eventually got an FC. It's probably what he did outside CE, that is, if he influenced that appointment in the first place.

The point is rather than castigate Ayo for his usual excesses and/or shortcomings, what can we do outside of here to help correct the situation? I guess one thing we all agree is that the setting in the SE now is anomalous.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe