I'm sorry to say but Arsenal fans are really useless!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
I'm sorry to say but Arsenal fans are really useless!

Post by airwolex »

First of all no disrespect to cool cats like Waffiman and Skylolo but I think Arsenal fans are really anti-African.

The amount of bullsh!t I hear directed against Adebayor and Eboue is hard to swallow, and this is by a vast majority of Arsenal fans (British, Nigerians, Martians).

Adebayor in particular can do no right. He is the leading scorer in their team, the only guy that can really play the lones striker role and a great all round player but go to all Arsenal Forums and they are ripping him apart!

Eboue gets no love and you even get the feeling that Kolo is tolerated simply because it is impossible to find fault in his play.

Contrast that with the way they worship girly boys like Fabregas, Hleb and that one legged glass man RVP! Its ridiculous, last season Hleb was one of the messiest and most useless players in Arsenal, a handful of okay performances and all of a sudden he is the most skillful player in the Prem. Fabregas will never win anything for anybody and you can quote me on that and as for that one legged hypochondriac - RVP - he can dust!

I hope we skata dem tomorrow! Nonsense!
Last edited by airwolex on Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Meanwhile watch Adebayor in all his majesty.....yeye gooners fans! :P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EuxFID2NN-0
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Are they different from fans elsewhere? Do the Chelsea fans hero worship Drogba and Essien as much as they do Lampard and Terry?

Only the Leeds fans are different. If you walk into the Leeds club store today, you can buy a tape with a tape of songs with one track dedicated to Tony Yeboah on it.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Are they different from fans elsewhere? Do the Chelsea fans hero worship Drogba and Essien as much as they do Lampard and Terry?

Only the Leeds fans are different. If you walk into the Leeds club store today, you can buy a tape with a tape of songs with one track dedicated to Tony Yeboah on it.
Na, this is not a post I have made lightly. I am surrounded by Arsenal fans at home and at work and they are a funny bunch. The way they are on Adebayors case is pathetic! I could be wrong but they seem to tolerate the African boys and worship people like Fabregas, RVP and Hleb.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

airwolex wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Are they different from fans elsewhere? Do the Chelsea fans hero worship Drogba and Essien as much as they do Lampard and Terry?

Na, this is not a post I have made lightly. I am surrounded by Arsenal fans at home and at work and they are a funny bunch. The way they are on Adebayors case is pathetic! I could be wrong but they seem to tolerate the African boys and worship people like Fabregas, RVP and Hleb.
I agree with you but my point is that everyone else is the same except the Leeds fans. Kalou gets the same amount of stick from Chelsea fans.
rabbit
Egg
Egg
Re: I'm sorry to say but Arsenal fans are really useless!

Post by rabbit »

airwolex wrote:First of all no disrespect to cool cats like Waffiman and Skylolo but I think Arsenal fans are really anti-African.

The amount of bullsh!t I hear directed against Adebayor and Eboue is hard to swallow, and this is by a vast majority of Arsenal fans (British, Nigerians, Martians).

Adebayor in particular can do no right. He is the leading scorer in their team, the only guy that can really play the lones striker role and a great all round player but go to all Arsenal Forums and they are ripping him apart!

Eboue gets no love and you even get the feeling that Kolo is tolerated simply because it is impossible to find fault in his play.

Contrast that with the way they worship girly boys like Fabregas, Hleb and that one legged glass man RVP! Its ridiculous, last season Hleb was one of the messiest and most useless players in Arsenal, a handful of okay performances and all of a sudden he is the most skillful player in the Prem. Fabregas will never win anything for anybody and you can quote me on that and as for that one legged hypochondriac - RVP - he can dust!

I'm not saying theres no double standard, but I dont think its anywhere near as extreme as you claim.
Senderos, Almunia and Lehmann, all as white as they come, are the most criticized. And you cant deny that Adebayor, and especially Eboue, can be incredibly inconsistent and infuriating. Adebayor has been somewhat diabolical in the last 2 games (Ncastle wondergoal notwithstanding) and Eboue's a dirty whining cheat.

Hleb was much maligned but his improved form this season is earning him much deserved plaudits, and your statement about Cesc shows how little you know about football.
GOD IS A GOONER
The Magnet
Egg
Egg

Post by The Magnet »

airwolex wrote:First of all no disrespect to cool cats like Waffiman and Skylolo but I think Arsenal fans are really anti-African.

I totally disagree.
Our African brothers may well come in for more critiscm, especially on this forum because they are our kith and kin Those who mean the most receive the most critiscm. It's simply a case of wanting the very best for your knowing that as good as they are, they can still significantly improve in various aspects of their game.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Airwolex, you are sooo right though. I defend adebayor in every arsenal forum that I contribute too. Fabregas deserves all the credit he gets, that kid is the $#%. Hleb on his day can play like Zidane. And thank God he is much more consistent nowadays. Eboue, if he could just cut out all his antics, is an excellent player. One thing I dont get about Arsenal fans, africans or not, is how they all love to put vanPersie on a pedestal and denigrate Adebayor. That stuff makes me mad as hell. VanPersie is guaranteed to miss 3 months every season. I am sorry vanPersie is not all that. And I feel Adebayor is far more important to the sucess of Arsenal than RvP is. Fabregas though is the most important player at Arsenal. I think Adebayor- vanPersie is analogous to the Eto'o-Dinho case at Barca in previous seasons. Etoo did all the work, Dinho got all the praise. Now that Etoo has been out for a while, we all see the truth; barca aint $#% without him.

Africans really need to start supporting their players that play at top teams. (Eric Djemba Djemba at Manure does not count) Sometimes I feel supporters are naturally biased against africans, except if you are damn near perfect superhuman and error free as Toure is.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

amafolas wrote:Airwolex, you are sooo right though. I defend adebayor in every arsenal forum that I contribute too. Fabregas deserves all the credit he gets, that kid is the #$%$*. Hleb on his day can play like Zidane. And thank God he is much more consistent nowadays. Eboue, if he could just cut out all his antics, is an excellent player. One thing I dont get about Arsenal fans, africans or not, is how they all love to put vanPersie on a pedestal and denigrate Adebayor. That stuff makes me mad as hell. VanPersie is guaranteed to miss 3 months every season. I am sorry vanPersie is not all that. And I feel Adebayor is far more important to the sucess of Arsenal than RvP is. Fabregas though is the most important player at Arsenal. I think Adebayor- vanPersie is analogous to the Eto'o-Dinho case at Barca in previous seasons. Etoo did all the work, Dinho got all the praise. Now that Etoo has been out for a while, we all see the truth; barca aint #$%$* without him.

Africans really need to start supporting their players that play at top teams. (Eric Djemba Djemba at Manure does not count) Sometimes I feel supporters are naturally biased against africans, except if you are damn near perfect superhuman and error free as Toure is.
Thank you! I'm glad some of yall see it.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

amafolas wrote:Airwolex, you are sooo right though. I defend adebayor in every arsenal forum that I contribute too. Fabregas deserves all the credit he gets, that kid is the #$%$*. Hleb on his day can play like Zidane. And thank God he is much more consistent nowadays. Eboue, if he could just cut out all his antics, is an excellent player. One thing I dont get about Arsenal fans, africans or not, is how they all love to put vanPersie on a pedestal and denigrate Adebayor. That stuff makes me mad as hell. VanPersie is guaranteed to miss 3 months every season. I am sorry vanPersie is not all that. And I feel Adebayor is far more important to the sucess of Arsenal than RvP is. Fabregas though is the most important player at Arsenal. I think Adebayor- vanPersie is analogous to the Eto'o-Dinho case at Barca in previous seasons. Etoo did all the work, Dinho got all the praise. Now that Etoo has been out for a while, we all see the truth; barca aint #$%$* without him.

It so true, go to the Barca forums, some fans are even blaming Etoo for the liga title lose last season.
Etoo misses a scoring chance and it is blown out of proportion.
messi and Henry miss easy chances and is never mentioned.
Most of the fans are racist indeed.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Fuuk outta here wolex...how many of you chavski fans gave Drogba a mountain of grief and almost ran him outta town after his first couple of seasons? I suppose that means you are useless too. :lol:

I agree about the unfair criticism towards Adebayor but don't generalize abeg. The only problem I have had about the dude is his inability to play facing goal. Despite his huge contributions, he is still somewhat frustrating to watch.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

This topic is irrelevant...I've been reading some Barcelona forums and they've been criticizing Ronaldinho all season, wanting him to be sold, along with Gujohnsen...Some of you Chelsea fans were doing the same to Drogba in his first few seasons at the Bridge but now it has been directed at Sheva...:lol:
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

theYemster wrote:

Fuuk outta here wolex...how many of you chavski fans gave Drogba a mountain of grief and almost ran him outta town after his first couple of seasons? I suppose that means you are useless too. :lol:

I agree about the unfair criticism towards Adebayor but don't generalize abeg. The only problem I have had about the dude is his inability to play facing goal. Despite his huge contributions, he is still somewhat frustrating to watch.
The people that gave Drogba the most grief were Arsenal fans! :roll: :roll:

BTW, you also fall into the category of reasonable Arsenal fan.
Last edited by airwolex on Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

arsenal fans are prob useless, but Chelski and Spud fans are more than useless. Choi!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

airwolex wrote:
theYemster wrote:

The people that gave Drogba the most grief were Arsenal fans! :roll: :roll:

Dude even on this site he was getting grief from Chelsea fans..Go and read some of the threads from back in the day... :lol:
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I can remember vividly that Skylolo and a corterie of Arsenal goons were the most scathing Drogba critics in his first season in the EPL. Chelsea fans here were more accomodating without doubt, I loved DD from day one!

Skylolo even went as far as saying that Shevchenko was going to bench Drogba.

For real something is wrong with some Arsenal fans, when Wenger was buying Adebayor 99% of them were against it without any just reason. I can remember that thread very well, because Yujam was fighting tooth and nail against all of them.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

airwolex wrote:I can remember vividly that Skylolo and a corterie of Arsenal goons were the most scathing Drogba critics in his first season in the EPL. Chelsea fans here were more accomodating without doubt, I loved DD from day one!

For real something is wrong with some Arsenal fans, when Wenger was buying Adebayor 99% of them were against it without any just reason. I can remember that thread very well, because Yujam was fighting tooth and nail against all of them.
My fren, the most scathing Drogba critic was a certain Kaycee2g
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

airwolex wrote: The people that gave Drogba the most grief were Arsenal fans! :roll: :roll:

Wolex you be my padi but na lie. Drogba got the most grief from Chelsea fans...not necessarily just from CE but Chelsea fans in general.

BTW, how about them Celtics? You for jolly come Other Sports now. This is our year I tell ya. :lol:
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

theYemster wrote:
airwolex wrote: The people that gave Drogba the most grief were Arsenal fans! :roll: :roll:

Wolex you be my padi but na lie. Drogba got the most grief from Chelsea fans...not necessarily just from CE but Chelsea fans in general.

BTW, how about them Celtics? You for jolly come Other Sports now. This is our year I tell ya. :lol:
Ol boy I hope the Celts go all the way!

Okay maybe British Chelsea fans were harsh on Drogba but how come so many Naija Arsenal fans hate the brothers? I'm not only talking as par peeps on this forum, i'm on about everyday people that I interract with! Disgusting ish! :lol: :lol:

Does Skylolo still have the picture of that waste pipe - Da Silva - on his avatar? He is a perfect example of a confused Arsenal fan. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

airwolex wrote:I can remember vividly that Skylolo and a corterie of Arsenal goons were the most scathing Drogba critics in his first season in the EPL. Chelsea fans here were more accomodating without doubt, I loved DD from day one!

Green4life (a Chelsea fan) gave Drogba hell on this forum.

Personally, I don't go criticizing any gooner players. Yeah, Adebayor is the top scorer, yeah he's the only one we've got that can play the lone striker role, so thumbs up to him, but I think he's still got a lot of improving to do to fill the shoes he was meant to fill (Henry). That's just the crux of the matter.... there are great expectations from him

As for Eboue, the dude can be very annoying. Just look at his recent antics that got him into FA trouble. Surely, if you care about a player, you would give him knocks for that. I also question his decision-making on the field... he doesn't always make the smartest choice (actually, only half the time does he ever make the right choice in his options). He's got talent. He's young, he's got ways to go and I expect a lot more from him. I'm cutting him some slack this season because he's just been converted to a midfielder from his traditional LB role. I feel this explains a lot cos he's finding himself at the opposing end of the field a lot more often than he's used to.

As for Fabregas, he's a gem. He's done great for us and he's one of our best players at the moment. He's a potential future WPOY (I'm talking in 5-8 years time at his prime, not tomorrow). But as far as this season goes, his role is slightly exaggerated (save for all the goals he's been scoring).

Now to Hleb. He has been the most instrumental player for us this season. Take him out of the lineup and we look very ordinary. I'm praying he's fit to play tomorrow cos we need him. I would heap a million and one praises on him for what we've done this season and should we go on to win titles, he'd be my MVP.

Now, Van Persie. This guy's big downside is how injury prone he is, but let's be frank, when he's on form, he does way better for us than even Adebayor. The records on the EPL are there to see. VP has a better goals ratio. Heck, Adebayor only came on my fantasy football team when I had to let go of VP due to injury. But seriously, this dude must go on a calcium fortification diet. His bones are too brittle.

Oh btw, Henry has been facing a tough time with Barca fans if I must say... your claims here are not entirely accurate.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

This post's even < The Ranting Of an Ant. ImageARSENAL RULES!!!
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Eh? Say what?

Does your vivid memory recollect these posts?

viewtopic.php?p=251243#251243
- Didier Drogba; this is a hopeless waste of money. He is a decent player but £24 million on him is amazingly stooopid. He was handled easily by over the hill geriatic, patched up Roy Keane.

viewtopic.php?p=251221#251221
airwolex wrote:Waffiman,

I fear for us ooo! Didier Drogba is 23 million pounds too expensive, that Feirara guy is Babayaro with a right foot (playing scared) and our new keeper looks very ordinary.

You have to get worried when on the day the best player in your team is Alexi Smertin!

Airwolex, surely you must remember the following thread. It was the first one that came to my mind when I read your post. This is a 5-page thread started by you, purely for the purpose of declaring Drogba's uselessness. Accordingly, you titled it "Drogba is useless!'

viewtopic.php?t=34662
Here's some of the 'loving' observations you made in that thread:
viewtopic.php?p=487349#487349
airwolex wrote:I have been waiting to pass judgement on this man; what a bloody joke!!!! I could have done better; shebi na to jump and harass defenders! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
viewtopic.php?p=487391#487391
Ol'boy that boy is junk at this level. In Marsiele and the Uefa he will score some goals, but at this lvel he is junk.
Obviously this is also not the first time you've forgotten your previous criticism of Drogba

viewtopic.php?p=487488#487488
I have never had a bad word to say about the man b4 but he has been a waste. It was not his fault that we lost and Pool deserved their victory but that doesb't take away from the fact that he is rubbish!
If previous statements on other threads about Drogba being a 'hopeless waste of money' or '23 million pounds too expensive' are not 'bad words' then what is? In that case, Arsenal fans have done precious little to Adebayor!
More 'love' from that thread:
I am not blaming Drogba for the loss; i am just bitterly disappointed in him as a player. £24 million down the drain as far as i'm concerned.
Read the other 'accomodating' comments on that thread by other Chelsea fans such as green4life and Kaycee2g. LOL! They and others were calling for Yujam's head on that thread. Yujam is probably the only forumner that can honestly say that he 'loved DD from day one!'

More love from other threads: Here's another thread you started later:
viewtopic.php?p=622306#622306
VIERA!! They plucked him from Arsenal straight into Serie Argh and he is already delivering MOM performances.

No silly excuses like:

- Give him one season to adjust to the English game (Drogba)
viewtopic.php?p=488815#488815
As for Drogba; the less said the better. Lets stop all this crap about supporting him because he is African, its not his fault that he was bought for £24 million but he has a lot to live up to.
viewtopic.php?p=487928#487928
Everything is relative Waffi! £50 to me is like £100,000 to Bill gates. Abramhovich will write the £24 milla for Drogba off as bad debts....no shaking.
viewtopic.php?p=487374#487374
airwolex wrote:
green4life wrote:Why not? If na to cash him check & spend him money on those gay asss perms on his head, him no go forget the route to the bank... but to simple deliver and live up to just half of his hype is too much to ask for. What a waste!

YUJAM wrote:yeah blame the dark fella!
green4life wrote:Drogba is the most useless striker alive.... totally overhyped!... a real big for nothing.
I have made up my mind about him; he is junk! Yak is better than Drogba and Cisse. It makes you wonder which kind of league they have in France cos they scored a million goals between themselves last year. To be honest both of them are junk!
viewtopic.php?p=582055#582055
airwolex wrote:
Naijatom wrote:To criticise all our players shows immaturity, arrogance and stupidity.
One is always fair to criticise the manager and tactics, but for people to go on about Clichy, RvP, Fabregas, Quincy as being crap....Well it just sickens me.
The fact that our youth can (and have) turn over most premiership sides, is enough for me.
Just watch out for Quincy Abeyie this season. Dont you guys like to see young players do well??????
Or is it just "young" players from your won club who succeed in your eyes??
Ill be the first to highly rate Ronaldo, Rooney, Brown, Smith, Rossi as well as Robben, Cole (both Coles), Huth etc.
I rate them as footballers, not just as a United player or Chelsea player.

You GUYS NEED TO REMEMBER THAT

Well me I don't rate your players. I also don't rate Drogba, Geremi, Feirera, Tiago and Huth who are Chelsea players. I rate Henry, Campbell, Cole, Pirez.

Note that a good number of these threads were started by YOU, airwolex. Verdict? I need not give any, for your own mouth will judge you:
viewtopic.php?p=865093#865093
Chelsea fans that slated Drogba are big morons! What kind of nonsense is that?
I've had a good laugh going through these threads. There's many a humble pie that would go around CE on the basis of Drogba's current reputation and what many said about him in his first EPL season. Yujam is probably the only person that would escape relatively unscathed.

Word :!:
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Choi :shock: :shock: :shock:

Moderators.....

Please ban Lionga now!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This man is becoming worse than Gotti. First Ayo, now Airwolex where will this man draw the line.

Can a "son of man" no longer mis-yarn in peace knowing any misyarn's you made in the past will stay buried under mountains of other threads. Haba!
Last edited by AreaDaddy on Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."