Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:10 pm
deanotito wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:08 pm
waka-man wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:53 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:44 pm Clearly, Oliseh, upon further introspection, could have handled the situation more wisely. Similarly, Mikel and Enyeama might have approached it differently. This is not a takedown, as you suggest. Rather, it's Mikel expressing his views, which we must respect. Mikel should avoid using swear words. Given his newly acquired accent, one would expect him to have a broad vocabulary to express himself. His disbelief in Juju doesn't negate its existence. Oliseh's competence as a leader and his tactical acumen are undeniable, as evidenced by his success in Holland as a coach and as the Captain of SE. However, it's also apparent that he had shortcomings in delivering information while preserving the recipient's self-respect.
That a very benevolent framing of things…
Benevolent leaning borderline delusional

That's your opinion which you're entitled to have
Classy response! :clap: :clap: :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:44 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:10 pm
deanotito wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:08 pm
waka-man wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:53 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:44 pm Clearly, Oliseh, upon further introspection, could have handled the situation more wisely. Similarly, Mikel and Enyeama might have approached it differently. This is not a takedown, as you suggest. Rather, it's Mikel expressing his views, which we must respect. Mikel should avoid using swear words. Given his newly acquired accent, one would expect him to have a broad vocabulary to express himself. His disbelief in Juju doesn't negate its existence. Oliseh's competence as a leader and his tactical acumen are undeniable, as evidenced by his success in Holland as a coach and as the Captain of SE. However, it's also apparent that he had shortcomings in delivering information while preserving the recipient's self-respect.
That a very benevolent framing of things…
Benevolent leaning borderline delusional

That's your opinion which you're entitled to have
Bro, you may disagree with Mikel, but saying “this is not a takedown” is a benevolent framing of what Mikel said, bordering on a delusional framing of what Mikel said.

If this ain’t a takedown, we should simply eliminate the term “takedown”
You sound desperate. :lol: fine its a takedown! Oliseh just lost his Atlanta 96 and Tunisia 94 medals! He just lost his mortgage, his wife has left him and his children now hate him! Boo hoo hooo ... wah wah wah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:02 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:08 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:04 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:00 pm This brings me to a point I made several days ago about Ahmed Musa. Forget he is skill as a player at the moment. It appears to me that Musa may well be the closest thing to a Keshi re-make given the clout that he appears to have over others which has been confirmed by FA officials and by players such as Victor Osimhen. Could it be that Ahmed Musa would be the next great managerial success if he was to pursue that profession? This is something to think about.
No.
WHY?
No please, sir. No thanks. None of it.
The Yeyeman

:rotf: :rotf: Naa waaaoooo!1! I am truly interested in knowing your opinion. May I plead that you share with us.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:27 pmAnd as such, he does not know Mikel, personally, so he isn't in a position to discuss Mikel's comments. However, the questionnaire would get a better sense of his relationship with his past players by speaking with players he coached for a longer period.
I don't really care for the story between the two but Oliseh could address the point made about a slanging match between Oliseh and Enyeama as that's not about his relationship with Mikel. But it's all in the past and has no value in the present day.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:41 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:00 pm This brings me to a point I made several days ago about Ahmed Musa. Forget he is skill as a player at the moment. It appears to me that Musa may well be the closest thing to a Keshi re-make given the clout that he appears to have over others which has been confirmed by FA officials and by players such as Victor Osimhen. Could it be that Ahmed Musa would be the next great managerial success if he was to pursue that profession? This is something to think about.
No.
WHY?
The Yeyeman

:rotf: :rotf: Naa waaaoooo!1! I am truly interested in knowing your opinion. May I plead that you share with us.
Musa's seniority or clout shouldn't lead one to conclude that he could become the next Keshi, that's all. I just wanted to nip that idea in the bud. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:11 pm What accent is he using? English, Irish, or a combination of both mixed with Igbo traders accent? Why can't he just speak like a typical Nigerian.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nna, it was all of dat and den some.
It shall now be known as speaking in Mikel Obi... :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:48 pm On his latest podcast episode:

He also breaks down what happened between him and Enyeama
He confirms what I stated about Oliseh.

I wish Mikel would at some point elaborate on what took place in Brazil and how the NFF imposed players.
Also want to hear about the Olympics.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:13 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:41 pm
No.
WHY?
The Yeyeman

Musa's seniority or clout shouldn't lead one to conclude that he could become the next Keshi, that's all. I just wanted to nip that idea in the bud. :D
The Yeyeman,

First, I do not think that seniority has anything to do with his leadership qualities. We had Yobo and Okocha as captains but no one ever mentioned them as having leadership qualities. Musa clearly has leadership qualities that are akin to what Keshi showed throughout his career. He is not exactly like Keshi but I cannot think of any recent Nigerian captain who showed those qualities.

In my view, Musa did not ever need to wear a captain's armband to demonstrate leadership. He has demonstrated that in leaps by his activities and how much his mates have vouched for him on those accounts.

I look for him to become a fantastic manager going forward in the mold of Shuaibu Amodu who was not much of a player but showed his leadership qualities and acumen at a much younger age.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:00 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:49 pm This is not good. :boo: :boo: :boo:

Mikel shouldn't be rubbishing Oliseh like this. He is obviously still bitter about what went down in camp.
Lolly.

Exactly, correct. It is clear that he is bitter and that bitterness is laced in his condemnation of Oliseh. There is no doubt about that. It oozes from this podcast.....wait for Oliseh's response which is most certainly on the way! LOL!!!!

However, Mikel is correct that Oliseh is very poor at managing people. There is little doubt on that account, given Oliseh's history that we are all familiar with. Remarkably, Mikel's story affirms the rumors that were published in the media in those days. It is incredibly confirming. I did not believe that those rumors were accurate but Mikel bares all, right here.

One thing Mikel confirms is what we already knew about Keshi and why he had been incredibly successful on multiple jobs with the biggest being what he had done taking Togo to the World Cup! Keshi is the example of a leader and that trait goes back to his playing days when he was known as the Boss and then what he did by starting the great migration first to the Ivory Coast and then to Europe for multiple African players. He was truly a leader of men.

This brings me to a point I made several days ago about Ahmed Musa. Forget he is skill as a player at the moment. It appears to me that Musa may well be the closest thing to a Keshi re-make given the clout that he appears to have over others which has been confirmed by FA officials and by players such as Victor Osimhen. Could it be that Ahmed Musa would be the next great managerial success if he was to pursue that profession? This is something to think about.
I can’t believe that you are comparing Keshi’s leadership to Musa’s!
Keshi was a born leader, who had always been captain of all the teams he played for since his youth. He was never a liability to the SE like Musa is right now. Keshi in his latter days in the SE picked up a niggling knee injury and that was what slowed him down and despite that, he could still contribute on the field e.g. his few matches at AFCON and WC 94. He was the driving force in our qualification for both tournaments until he picked up the injury and he EARNED his place in the squad on MERIT!
Keshi never gave interviews throwing his teammates under the bus because he was dropped from the team.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:32 pm

Mikel shouldn't be rubbishing Oliseh like this. He is obviously still bitter about what went down in camp.
Lolly.

Exactly, correct. It is clear that he is bitter and that bitterness is laced in his condemnation of Oliseh. There is no doubt about that. It oozes from this podcast.....wait for Oliseh's response which is most certainly on the way! LOL!!!!

However, Mikel is correct that Oliseh is very poor at managing people. There is little doubt on that account, given Oliseh's history that we are all familiar with. Remarkably, Mikel's story affirms the rumors that were published in the media in those days. It is incredibly confirming. I did not believe that those rumors were accurate but Mikel bares all, right here.

One thing Mikel confirms is what we already knew about Keshi and why he had been incredibly successful on multiple jobs with the biggest being what he had done taking Togo to the World Cup! Keshi is the example of a leader and that trait goes back to his playing days when he was known as the Boss and then what he did by starting the great migration first to the Ivory Coast and then to Europe for multiple African players. He was truly a leader of men.

This brings me to a point I made several days ago about Ahmed Musa. Forget he is skill as a player at the moment. It appears to me that Musa may well be the closest thing to a Keshi re-make given the clout that he appears to have over others which has been confirmed by FA officials and by players such as Victor Osimhen. Could it be that Ahmed Musa would be the next great managerial success if he was to pursue that profession? This is something to think about.
Keshi was a born leader, who had always been captain of all the teams he played for since his youth. He was never a liability to the SE like Musa is right now. Keshi in his latter days in the SE picked up a niggling knee injury and that was what slowed him down and despite that, he could still contribute on the field e.g. his few matches at AFCON and WC 94. He was the driving force in our qualification for both tournaments until he picked up the injury and he EARNED his place in the squad on MERIT!
Keshi never gave interviews throwing his teammates under the bus because he was dropped from the team.
:rotf: :rotf: As I suspected, you have already mixed up the discussion of playing ability with leadership ability. I do not believe that people will argue that Musa belongs on the team as a player. That is not the discussion, however. The discussion, instead, is about leadership quality and prospect as a future manager. Lets stay on that discussion and not about playing ability.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:30 pm The Yeyeman,

First, I do not think that seniority has anything to do with his leadership qualities. We had Yobo and Okocha as captains but no one ever mentioned them as having leadership qualities. Musa clearly has leadership qualities that are akin to what Keshi showed throughout his career. He is not exactly like Keshi but I cannot think of any recent Nigerian captain who showed those qualities.

In my view, Musa did not ever need to wear a captain's armband to demonstrate leadership. He has demonstrated that in leaps by his activities and how much his mates have vouched for him on those accounts.

I look for him to become a fantastic manager going forward in the mold of Shuaibu Amodu who was not much of a player but showed his leadership qualities and acumen at a much younger age.
What leadership qualities has he demonstrated? As a leader one should set by example. What example has he set? He has demonstrated that SE selection is not based on meritocracy. He is the embodiment of patronage. Do other players think he deserves to be called up? Players talk o! They'll give "respect" or show deference towards him because he's the most senior footballer in the squad.

His presence also speaks to the continued lack of professionalism in the Nigerian set up. But we've heard this story before. We saw this at AFCON 2000 with the selection of Amokachi as a non-playing squad number. Just another example of a player making the squad for non-footballing reasons such as "leadership activities". Anyway, whatever. Never thought I'd be having a conversation about Musa in 2024 but here we are.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:51 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:30 pm The Yeyeman,

What leadership qualities has he demonstrated? As a leader one should set by example. What example has he set? He has demonstrated that SE selection is not based on meritocracy. He is the embodiment of patronage. Do other players think he deserves to be called up? Players talk o! They'll give "respect" or show deference towards him because he's the most senior footballer in the squad.

His presence also speaks to the continued lack of professionalism in the Nigerian set up. But we've heard this story before. We saw this at AFCON 2000 with the selection of Amokachi as a non-playing squad number. Just another example of a player making the squad for non-footballing reasons such as "leadership activities". Anyway, whatever. Never thought I'd be having a conversation about Musa in 2024 but here we are.
Agreed. I like Musa personally, but I can’t ever see Stephen Keshi, in the same situation, hanging on to the national team way past his sell-by date.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Synopsis wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:07 pm
bushboy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:54 pm The manager who benched you is the worst manager you've ever played for. Of course! What else would you say? I watched the team under Oliseh. They played well.
No they didn’t. He was clueless. Making random subs at the 25 min mark.
Not random.

Lukman Haruna was showboating after the huge clamor for his invitation.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Deleted
Last edited by truetalk on Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Deleted
Last edited by truetalk on Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:33 pm Yikes!!!

There goes Sunday Oliseh’s managerial career.
Me self shock.
Mikel didn’t pull any punches at all.
No love lost.
:ohmy:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:20 pm
deanotito wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:33 pm Yikes!!!

There goes Sunday Oliseh’s managerial career.
Me self shock.
Mikel didn’t pull any punches at all.
No love lost.
:ohmy:

KPOM. I was stunned listening to that stuff. The hate must be so strong that he let it all out... Or may be it is simply a tact seeking audience. As the state, the best media program is a controversial one. LOL.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:39 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:32 pm

Lolly.

:rotf: :rotf: As I suspected, you have already mixed up the discussion of playing ability with leadership ability. I do not believe that people will argue that Musa belongs on the team as a player. That is not the discussion, however. The discussion, instead, is about leadership quality and prospect as a future manager. Lets stay on that discussion and not about playing ability.
As I suspect, you will always try to twist things around! What leadership ability? Provide an example of the so called leadership ability?
I would not be surprised if you don’t know that leadership entails quitting the stage when the ovation is loudest and not being a stumbling block in the path of the upcoming generation!
I doubt if you understand what the concept of leadership is!
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 danfo danfo danfo 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 “The worst manager I’ve played under” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. This ish is too funny 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

OMFG THIS IS SO FUNNY 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:47 pm dayumnnnnnnnnnnnn this was brutal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: the juju part was funny.. They do not like each other ..wow..never heard Mikel spill it like this before. This Mikel Podcast is a hit ..
OMG some people won’t do the right thing and apologize to the GREAT VINCE!!!! This ish was just so 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 OMG I keep rewinding it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

This is the negro that prematurely made Ahmed Musa the captain that we are still dealing with today. Same negro that left the country in a suitcase fearing witches, like what kind of human is this 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Super Eagus 4 Life!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Mikel skewered Benitez as well. The dude seems to have no filter. Well, I guess if it's the truth then you can't blame him for saying it but if I were Oliseh, I would be steaming. This one no be table shaking, na shattering.