We’re tolerating disgusting sexism here

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
We’re tolerating disgusting sexism here

Post by waka-man »

I have just read through the Falcons thread. I am disgusted.

Lots has gone on here in the 25 or so years I’ve been on this forum. When I started here I was a young boy and the world was a different place. In the time, we’ve all awoken to the destructive impact of sexism.

Today I have a teenage daughter who is proud to wear her super Eagles jersey to school and finds my support of CE a lovely thing. On the day after our women’s team played, I would love to sit with her and go through it and talk about the game. But with comments about women’s bodies and the sexual objectification of our players, I am too ashamed to do so and be associated with such disgusting things.

I’ve had periods, for various reasons, where I’ve taken a step back from CE, but this might be reason to decide, that in 2021, I can no longer be a part of CE, because I cannot be part of sexist culture.

Too many of our mothers, sisters, daughters and friends, black women in particular, have been treated as less than human for centuries. If CE says that’s ok, then I’m out. As an at best, moderate contributor, I know I won’t be missed, so I don’t say that as a threat, just a sad admission. Because I’ve enjoyed being part of this place for a quarter of a century.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We’re tolerating disgusting sexism here

Post by jette1 »

What comes to mind is the boy who cried wolf.
For start let’s talk about ordinary basic general human rights which doesn’t even exist in our country talk less CE.
I think you might be overly emotional, many here myself inclusive have learnt to not internalized anything said here. It’s not that serious, trust me. The unanimity provided by platform like this affords us opportunity to be a little expressive than we would be if not undercover but mostly just for the shock value
Last edited by jette1 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

jette1 wrote:What comes to mind is the boy who cried wolf.
For start let’s talk about ordinary basic general human rights which doesn’t even exist in our country talk less CE
I’m not sure how I’m crying wolf, but ok. I’ll take that as confirmation of our desire to tolerate sexism here. Which is sad but somehow not surprising.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

waka-man wrote:I have just read through the Falcons thread. I am disgusted.

Lots has gone on here in the 25 or so years I’ve been on this forum. When I started here I was a young boy and the world was a different place. In the time, we’ve all awoken to the destructive impact of sexism.

Today I have a teenage daughter who is proud to wear her super Eagles jersey to school and finds my support of CE a lovely thing. On the day after our women’s team played, I would love to sit with her and go through it and talk about the game. But with comments about women’s bodies and the sexual objectification of our players, I am too ashamed to do so and be associated with such disgusting things.

I’ve had periods, for various reasons, where I’ve taken a step back from CE, but this might be reason to decide, that in 2021, I can no longer be a part of CE, because I cannot be part of sexist culture.

Too many of our mothers, sisters, daughters and friends, black women in particular, have been treated as less than human for centuries. If CE says that’s ok, then I’m out. As an at best, moderate contributor, I know I won’t be missed, so I don’t say that as a threat, just a sad admission. Because I’ve enjoyed being part of this place for a quarter of a century.
I am with you on this. People here need to be properly educated on the wrongs of their ways. If they can cry racism then they should be able to cry out when they see women being objectified. No excuse.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You are absolutely right.
We are all complicit by acts of omission or commission.
As a moderator I will put my hand up and say I haven't been particularly vigilant on sexism on CE. None of us have. But hey...surprise, surprise ...we're all men.
However, I have often pointed to the fact that over the years we have lost all our female members, save for a couple of them.
There is a reason for that.

We can do far better. Like you said this is 2021 and this kind of casual sexism should not be ignored talk less encouraged. The forum will not die if we clamp down on it
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:What comes to mind is the boy who cried wolf.
For start let’s talk about ordinary basic general human rights which doesn’t even exist in our country talk less CE.
I think you might be overly emotional, many here myself inclusive have learnt to not internalized anything said here. It’s not that serious, trust me. The unanimity provided by platform like this affords us opportunity to be a little expressive than we would be if not undercover but mostly just for the shock value
Chief, if we can draw the line on family abuse, racism and foul language, we can do the same on sexist posts.
I am not sure you'd be so relaxed about it if one of your own daughters was on the field yesterday and being spoken about the way some of them were.
I have daughters too and that would be an absolute no-no. :boo:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I totally agree with you. I joined CE in the year 2000 during the Sydney Olympics and I can say that down the years, it has regressed from from an informative forum to one where anything goes.
The moderators need to do a better job! I belong to a football forum on Facebook, where the moderators clamp down on foul and abusive language and members conform because of the zero tolerance policy. We need to bring such policy to the forum, there should be no place for racism, sexism, insults etc either subtly or openly. Anyone that cannot conform should leave the forum. Many members don't comment on the forum anymore because of insults!!
I am happy
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

@waka-man:

I am with you on this, but from what I have observed here so far is that sexism is NOT the only problem besieging the cybereagles. So many things are just not right here, the way people disrespect each other, names calling, insulting, to say the list. Not sure if it has to do with youths of 2day or if this is a general Nigerian thing(though l doubt if this is true) or because we take it for granted that hinding behind our "puter" screen and just typing all what not makes us unvulnerable and gives us the liberty to just say anything.

Until we start respecting our own ourselves, there will never be respect for other people. To put it in the words of my good friends, 2Pac:

"....And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?
I think it's time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
And if we don't, we'll have a race of babies
That will hate the ladies, that make the babies...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW--IGAfeas

We should learn to respect our women. Be it girls or grown-ups !!!!
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Is this based on another thread? Because I don't recall seeing all the sexist comments you are refering to during the game.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:

Is this based on another thread? Because I don't recall seeing all the sexist comments you are referring to during the game.
you dey mind waka-man? Dude is crying sexism etc... who abused or disrespected any Falcons or women ? seems guilty conscience dey catch some of them .. so all the things you did in your younger life , is now making you woke? don't they define that as being a hypocrite? waka man you really are yapping about nothing

I am still waiting for the sexist comment you read in that game thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Look at the game thread against Jamaica. Start from the 2nd page. And work from there.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote:Look at the game thread against Jamaica. Start from the 2nd page. And work from there.
i have a question for you, what is your say on men abi trans who wants to compete in women sports, because they identify as women ?
SuperEagles

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote:

Is this based on another thread? Because I don't recall seeing all the sexist comments you are referring to during the game.
Any abuse of anyone including women is wrong; again I'm yet to see anything here reflective of the kind of abuse he is talking about. it is also possible that having a daughter as he admits could be prematurely triggering this unfounded phobia in him considering that he very well knows perhaps from his own experience how an average man often sees nothing but intercourse first, when they see a sexy looking woman. hence he despises the idea of even the unharmful compliments people were making about the good looking new breed of our super falcons. thats the only thing i could find on the thread he refers to. I feel his pain but he needs to realize that he is not going to marry his own daughter
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I saw very beautiful and attractive Falcon players yesterday. These women are taking very good care of themselves , I see nothing wrong in validating the beauty of a black women ( emphasis on black women) I am glad we have very attractive good looking women on our team. This can also help with endorsements. No one sexist comments were written in that thread , even Michelle Aloze's emphasizes on her thighs as her IG handle

Let us celebrate the beauties of black women . I didn't see any of yall complain about the pathetic gay documentary HBO is using to promote some gay crap in Nigeria
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Hello Sir,

Please flag such offending/offensive post(s).

Boorish behavior and men/women ogling athletes unfortunately is part of life.
I am glad you pointed it out and that we should strive to do better.
We need more people like you that can help us grow.

I don't think if you had pointed out to the poster(s) that their comment(s) were improper that they wouldn't have taken the correction in good faith.

We will keep trying to make the place welcoming to everyone.

Your concerns are duly noted. We will try to do better.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I saw very beautiful and attractive Falcon players yesterday. These women are taking very good care of themselves , I see nothing wrong in validating the beauty of a black women ( emphasis on black women) I am glad we have very attractive good looking women on our team. This can also help with endorsements. No one sexist comments were written in that thread , even Michelle Aloze's emphasizes on her thighs as her IG handle

Let us celebrate the beauties of black women . I didn't see any of yall complain about the pathetic gay documentary HBO is using to promote some gay crap in Nigeria
BigTurkey, the comments were improper.

You need to grow up.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:I saw very beautiful and attractive Falcon players yesterday. These women are taking very good care of themselves , I see nothing wrong in validating the beauty of a black women ( emphasis on black women) I am glad we have very attractive good looking women on our team. This can also help with endorsements. No one sexist comments were written in that thread , even Michelle Aloze's emphasizes on her thighs as her IG handle

You need to grow up.
the only yeye comment was highbury saying his stomach was flatter than the goalies, no one said any sexist comments,,, do you know what sexist comments are?

I am very sure many of you married men in these forums do play away games ...come here they act holy ...
SuperEagles

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Please stop. Its ok sometimes just to learn, admit your wrong, and strive to do better.

Show me where Michelle posted "check out my thighs" or anything to suggest she is "emphasizing her thighs" This is the stupid male perspective that any woman who wears shorts or a short dress is doing it for male attention and therefore deserves to be ogled.

You really have a lot of growing up to do my friend. Your immaturity is evident in everything you post.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bushboy wrote:

Please stop. Its ok sometimes just to learn, admit your wrong, and strive to do better.

Show me where Michelle posted "check out my thighs" or anything to suggest she is "emphasizing her thighs" This is the stupid male perspective that any woman who wears shorts or a short dress is doing it for male attention and therefore deserves to be ogled.

You really have a lot of growing up to do my friend. Your immaturity is evident in everything you post.
look at this loser who cheats has the audacity to run his mouth . not once have i cheated on my wife or any girlfriend i ever dated .. you shouldn't speak . you have no grounds to lecture anyone here . You are the worst person to run his mouth on this subject. You are busy cheating while married and you have the gutts to come here and lecture people . You need help .

You know what they do to people who sleep outside their marriages in 3rd world countries. You should be thankful. Do not make me bump that thread you loser.

A matured married man will not go and sleep with another woman while the wife is pregnant , with the strong possibility of bringing home some STD
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You need to grow up.
the only yeye comment was highbury saying his stomach was flatter than the goalies, no one said any sexist comments,,, do you know what sexist comments are?

I am very sure many of you married men in these forums do play away games ...come here they act holy ...
Na lie! You no dey shame Bigpork. :rotf: :rotf: You not fit accept responsibility for your sexism. No be you dey lust after another woman body? Yes, I mentioned her belle suggesting that she may not be fit for the rigors of the game just like the way una dey yab Kelechi Ihenacho for getting big belle after lockdown. Abeg go siddon :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You need to grow up.

Na lie! You no dey shame Bigpork. :rotf: :rotf: You not fit accept responsibility for your sexism. No be you dey lust after another woman body? Yes, I mentioned her belle suggesting that she may not be fit for the rigors of the game just like the way una dey yab Kelechi Ihenacho for getting big belle after lockdown. Abeg go siddon :rotf:
you were body shaming her.. that is the truth.. in todays terms that is also sexism
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
bushboy wrote:

look at this loser who cheats has the audacity to run his mouth . not once have i cheated on my wife or any girlfriend i ever dated .. you shouldn't speak . you have no grounds to lecture anyone here . You are the worst person to run his mouth on this subject. You are busy cheating while married and you have the gutts to come here and lecture people . You need help . You know what they do to people who sleep outside their marriages in 3rd world countries. You should be thankful
Have you ever had a girlfriend? post her if so.