Shaka Hislop (Former Newcastle GK) Collapses on Live TV

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Shaka Hislop (Former Newcastle GK) Collapses on Live TV

Post by wiseone »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Shaka Hislop (Former Newcastle GK) Collapses on Live TV

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Looks like he had a seizure. Wishing him the best
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The heat in America right now is no joke! I dont think they should be wearing suits. I no even wear singlet under my shirt when I went to the stadium last weekend. Hope all is well.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kai, that’s scary to see, I hope he’s good!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:43 am The heat in America right now is no joke! I dont think they should be wearing suits. I no even wear singlet under my shirt when I went to the stadium last weekend. Hope all is well.
Down-low advertisement smh :thumbs: :(

I wish Shaka well!! I like when he speaks up against racist Spanish fans and their abuse of black players.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Scary. He might have a pre-existing condition. I know it's hot but that collapse was one kind

Wha choo looking at?!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Wow, very scary indeed. Hope the brotha is okay.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Good news. :thumb:
Shaka Hislop 'conscious' after collapsing on air in California
Last updated on 15 hours ago15 hours ago.

Hislop played in England for West Ham, Reading, Newcastle and Portsmouth
Former West Ham goalkeeper Shaka Hislop is conscious and recovering after collapsing on air before Sunday's friendly between Real Madrid and AC Milan in California.

The 54-year-old was working as an analyst for US broadcaster ESPN.

He stumbled and fell to the ground face forwards during a pre-match pitch-side interview at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

Dan Thomas, presenting alongside Hislop, called for assistance as the channel cut for a commercial break.

Temperatures in California on Sunday were reported to be about 30C, but it is unclear if heat was a factor in Hislop's collapse.

In an update at half-time, Thomas said: "My mate, Shaka, not here, but as it stands, it's good news.

"He's conscious. He's talking. I think he's a little embarrassed about it all. He's apologised profusely. Not a man who likes people to make a fuss of him.

"Obviously far too early to make any sort of diagnosis, but the important thing is that Shaka's conscious and we spoke to his family as well, because you imagine seeing that happen live."

Hislop played 121 games for West Ham in two spells from 1998 to 2002 and 2005 to 2006. He won 26 caps for Trinidad and Tobago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66287304
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:43 am The heat in America right now is no joke! I dont think they should be wearing suits. I no even wear singlet under my shirt when I went to the stadium last weekend. Hope all is well.
Yeah the other guy had stopped wearing his jacket when he was back on camera.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Hislop provides an update. He's seeking more medical diagnoses and hopes to be back soon. Great guy, I hope he recovers soon.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/2023/ ... b45ae.html
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is another opportunity to urge CE members to learn the basics of CPR.
I’ve been unrelenting in sending this message out on this board for years now. Same with peeps like Scipio.
Those skills probably came into play when Shaka Hislop collapsed - might have been the cameraman, the boom operator….anybody.

This (below) is from 2021, immediately after the Christian Eriksen on-field cardiac event at the World Cup.
This not about dancing around with your hands on your head calling Eledumare, or pulling arms and stretching lips, or force feeding water.
What would you do?
Great advice from Scipio.
Go and find a one day course!
“damunk” wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Prompt CPR probably saved Eriksen's life. I hope this encourages people to learn CPR and to keep their skills current. There are various hospitals (in the USA, I don't know about other countries) that offer these courses and you can recertify your skills every couple of years. You never know when they will be needed.

Two: If you have the funds, get a portable defibrillator and keep it at home. Train yourself and members of your household on how to use it.

Three: Completely unrelated. Get a fire extinguisher for your home and make sure to replace it every year.
It’s quite baffling that it is generally ignored.
I don't know whether people are doing the 'God forbid' thing or they just do not see the importance.

Anyway, even when I posted this educative video link here on CE some time ago, there was little or no interest:

LIFESAVER: Would you know what to do?
https://www.resus.org.uk/apps/lifesaver/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:07 am This is another opportunity to urge CE members to learn the basics of CPR.
I’ve been unrelenting in sending this message out on this board for years now. Same with peeps like Scipio.
Those skills probably came into play when Shaka Hislop collapsed - might have been the cameraman, the boom operator….anybody.

This (below) is from 2021, immediately after the Christian Eriksen on-field cardiac event at the World Cup.
This not about dancing around with your hands on your head calling Eledumare, or pulling arms and stretching lips, or force feeding water.
What would you do?
“damunk” wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Prompt CPR probably saved Eriksen's life. I hope this encourages people to learn CPR and to keep their skills current. There are various hospitals (in the USA, I don't know about other countries) that offer these courses and you can recertify your skills every couple of years. You never know when they will be needed.

Two: If you have the funds, get a portable defibrillator and keep it at home. Train yourself and members of your household on how to use it.

Three: Completely unrelated. Get a fire extinguisher for your home and make sure to replace it every year.
I don't know whether people are doing the 'God forbid' thing or they just do not see the importance.

Anyway, even when I posted this educative video link here on CE some time ago, there was little or no interest:

Needs to be taught in schools.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Damunk, is that not insinuating that cupping hands and conjuring Eledumare like a Ryu hadouken serves no purpose in such instances? Further example of the subjugation of beliefs and practices in favour of anglicisations. Is resuscitation one size fits all?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:07 am This is another opportunity to urge CE members to learn the basics of CPR.

What would you do?
“damunk” wrote:

Nice one Damunk! Most teachers in the US are taught CPR and AED skills as part of professional development. When my son was born, the hospital made sure my wife and I watched a CPR video and pass a "check for understanding" assessment before discharge.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I suspect a combo of heat and some other underlining issue.
The heat is atrocious this summer here in America.
And dressing to the tees is not the best way to stand under such condition.
Hope he recovers fully. Scary.