Akor Adams scored two(2) goals today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MAIDABOI
Egg
Egg
Akor Adams scored two(2) goals today

Post by MAIDABOI »

Now has 7 goals in 9 games and second behind Mbappe who has 10 goals
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Akor Adams scored two(2) goals today

Post by bret- hart »

Akor Adams could easily be on 10 goals if his teammates are not selfish especially that fake wannabe $2 Arabian Messi Al Tamariwateverhisnameis.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

MAIDABOI wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:34 pm Now has 7 goals in 9 games and second behind Mbappe who has 10 goals
His first goal was a thing of beauty pure composure, the brilliant first touch to take his man out and create space for himself.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He reminds me of Mohamed Gambo. :lol:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

On current form, he should be invited to the SE ahead of Bushboy’s Terem Moffi, who has scored 3 goals, while Akor has 7 goals
I am happy
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Dammy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:25 am On current form, he should be invited to the SE ahead of Bushboy’s Terem Moffi, who has scored 3 goals, while Akor has 7 goals
As a pure number 9 he is better than Moffi.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

mystic wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:53 am
Dammy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:25 am On current form, he should be invited to the SE ahead of Bushboy’s Terem Moffi, who has scored 3 goals, while Akor has 7 goals
I doubt it very much. Even if he's better than Moffi, he cannot 0lay with Osihmen became he only plays as a 9 and he's not better than Vic. Moffi has a lot more versatility than Akor and can play with Vic. Anyway sha, if we're playing 2 strikers it's Vic and Boniface all the way.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

So should we ignore the 40 previous goals Moffi has scored in Ligue 1? Current form is nice but in a position as competitive as the CF long term form is a lot more valuable
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sunset wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:18 pm
So should we ignore the 40 previous goals Moffi has scored in Ligue 1? Current form is nice but in a position as competitive as the CF long term form is a lot more valuable
Current is the key word bro
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:58 pm
I doubt it very much. Even if he's better than Moffi, he cannot 0lay with Osihmen became he only plays as a 9 and he's not better than Vic. Moffi has a lot more versatility than Akor and can play with Vic. Anyway sha, if we're playing 2 strikers it's Vic and Boniface all the way.
After Osimhen and Boniface the hierarchical list is up for grabs for any striker, so Moffi and Akor are on the same level as far as chances go.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:45 am
After Osimhen and Boniface the hierarchical list is up for grabs for any striker, so Moffi and Akor are on the same level as far as chances go.
If it’s a new coach maybe, but Moffi has more cache with the current one so would get the benefit of the doubt first…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:45 am
Real coaches are not like CE fans who pick players based on who scored over the weekend. No way any coach is picking a player he’s never coached 90 days before a major tournament over a player he knows well unless he’s playing and scoring for Real, Barca or Bayern.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

I'm not necessarily canvassing for Akor to be included in the Super Eagles - although that opportunity will come soon enough. I am simply stating that, in my view, he's a superior number 9 when compared with Moffi.

As you have alluded to, when referencing his versatility, Moffi is an all around striker who can thrive as a lead striker, a second striker, or even as part of a front three. He is definitely the more creative of the two. Whereas Akor is a pure number 9 who can bully dedenders; who has great instincts in the box; and who is more cold blooded in front of goal. But he's also more dependent on service from his teammates.

As for the Super Eagles, Akor is really competing with Taiwo Awoniyi, Sadiq Umar and Paul Onuachu for the role of Victor Osimhen's direct back up. It's unfortunate, but barring injury this Nations Cup is probably coming to soon for him (in terms of breaking into the Super Eagles). But his time will come.