Guinea Bissau vs Nigeria (0-1)FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Naija fan
Egg
Egg
Re: Guinea Bissau vs Nigeria (0-1)

Post by Naija fan »

Our passes are either too long or too short. Interestingly, the best passer on the team is VO
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

We still have a lot to improve. We especially have to find a way to play in these conditions, with the right balance between attack and defence.
But 3pts and we move on to the next game,
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...were these guys playing tired?
Looks lackluster from the beginning.
Oh well we're thru to serious business end of the tourney.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:43 pm We will likely end up as the lowest scoring team in this tournament, so much for all our "hyped attack"

Utter joke.
No, OVER-HYPED attack.
Again, what do you expect from a group lacking focus and discipline.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:40 pm
truetalk wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:35 pm OK. Getting worried about our inability to score.

We caught a break.
We are playing well and dominating possession.
We played a controlled game in the first, and I expected the gulf in class between the teams to show in the 2nd half.

That was the case, but something is still missing. Looking at today's game, I'd say it was the officiating more than the composure, but it is now a worrisome trend.

We could still make a run to the title, as we are solid at the back and in the middle, and things may just click upfront when the pressure is on.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Not a pretty sight but we move.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

All games in Group A are finished. Thus we beat GUI by 1-0, but EQU beat CIV by 4-0
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

not special to write home.

an ugly win but a win never the less
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

1naija wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:48 pm Would you rather they had lost or tied to make more exciting to worth your while?
Tbite wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:46 pm Can't believe I stayed awake at 3 am to watch this match.

Kaiiiii.
Point being it was terrible to watch. We can be happy at the result, but as far as opening our eyes to watch...it was essentially an eyesore.

I watched purely because I am supporting my country. Any neutral watching must be a moron. If I were a neutral, I would turn it off.

Anyway hopefully we learn from this.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:43 pm
lacidi wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:41 pm And we were twerking for playing 90mins defence and scoring a penalty goal against CIV
Why we no go twerk when that pk gave us 3 valuable points? :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: How the mighty have fallen.

And then Vancity twerked to open the thread that we should give Peseiro contract. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:36 pm Nwabali is not it sha. I many village football behaviours
He did what was expected of him. Same cannot be said of the remaining players :boo:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...wow, Ivory Coast lost today by so much wide margin.
Not paying their coach dey come back to haunt them. Shocking.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

We have a pretty sh1t team lol, way too much gra gra with just a few classy players sprinkled in…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

truetalk wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:48 pm
fabio wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:40 pm
truetalk wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:35 pm OK. Getting worried about our inability to score.

We caught a break.
We are playing well and dominating possession.
We played a controlled game in the first, and I expected the gulf in class between the teams to show in the 2nd half.

That was the case, but something is still missing. Looking at today's game, I'd say it was the officiating more than the composure, but it is now a worrisome trend.

We could still make a run to the title, as we are solid at the back and in the middle, and things may just click upfront when the pressure is on.
truetalk,

The officiating was just awful. I think the officials bent over backwards to encourage the underdog but it hurt the quality of the match. These officials should not get anywhere to the medal stages of this competition in my opinion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

One goal in the group stage from open play and they said we have the best attack in Africa? For where?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Moses given man of the match. IMHO should have been Osimhen
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Showboy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:49 pm Not a pretty sight but we move.
Exactly!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Guys, this 5-4-1 is the way it's going to be for better or worse. I can appreciate a tactical grind so long as the players are smart with their movements within the set up. That is what we struggled with in this game and made life unnecessarily difficult. Ironically, I felt the same way after the CIV game even though I twerked well well due to 3pts. Anyway, we move.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Verdict… NOT IMPRESSED🤐🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidbam14
Egg
Egg

Post by davidbam14 »

lacidi wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:28 pm It's 3-0 against CIV, so that puts in perspective our 90 minutes negative football again CIV
very true, i guess the question is how good are we???
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Coach needs to work hard with Iwobi one on one.

I feel our tournament will live and die with whether or not he can step it up a notch.

Abeg Okocha go and demand more from your nephew. We need someone who has some semblance of technical ability.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:51 pm Moses given man of the match. IMHO should have been Osimhen
If Bushboy catch you ...
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The officiating was poor, but our attackers really let themselves down. They always pretty much make the wrong decisions. This team will find it very hard against better opposition