Lineup v Angola

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lineup v Angola

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:47 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:27 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:24 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:56 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:53 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:30 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:25 am Sooner or later the 343 will be exposed.

352 and replace Zaidu. Bring Yusuf into the midfield and drop Simon. Have Iwobi advanced. Lookman SS alongside Osimehn.
Who will be assigned Simon’s defensive responsibilities?
Yusuf will be the extra man in the middle. He will cover more ground than Simon and allow Iwobi to actually CREATE goal scoring opportunities.

It's not rocket science, I don't know why Pissero is so stubborn.
A coach whose system is working should abandon his plan and follow yours? Cmon dude….getbreal. :laugh:
Wasn't Mr. 442 system working in the first round of the 2021 afcon ?

Until it didn't work in the 2nd round.

If you aren't consistently trying to improve you ain't going to achieve ish.
You don’t improve by making silly moves just because.
The current system is wasting Iwobis creativity. Our attack lacks variation and clear cut chances. It concerns me.
What creativity? How many chances does he create at Fulham? Look, just because you believe something doesn’t mean it’s true. When you release Iwobi as your main creative player, the first thing you’ll realize is that he’s not creative enough to carry a team. 2nd thing you’ll realize is that you have to fill the gap left where he was playing prior to moving him up. Iwobi is a very good MF with creative abilities as well as defensive and passing abilities. He’s rarely going to win you a game with his creativity. However, he can contribute to a win with his work rate and team play.
OCCUPY NFF!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

I would rather play with the same formation (4 3 3) and line-up we used in our first game against Equatorial Guinea. Equatorial Guinea is the best opposition we have played so far. The only change I will make would be to replace Zaidu in the Left Back and Moses Simon in the Attack. Calvin Bassey has already built confidence so far in this competition and I would use him to replace Sanusi.

Thus my line-up will have Goalkeeper: Nwabali; Defenders: Aina; Ekong; Ajayi; Bassey; Midfielders: Onyeka; Yusuf; Iwobi Attackers Moffi; Osimehn; Lookman.

Moffi would be my wild card for that game or I could play Iheanacho instead.

This will make the team not to be too predictable and help disorganise to some extent the game plan of the Angolans.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:02 am If it ain’t broken…..
brake it and then try again to fix it :lol:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Same team. Zaidu was good.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

onovo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:15 am I would rather play with the same formation (4 3 3) and line-up we used in our first game against Equatorial Guinea. Equatorial Guinea is the best opposition we have played so far. The only change I will make would be to replace Zaidu in the Left Back and Moses Simon in the Attack. Calvin Bassey has already built confidence so far in this competition and I would use him to replace Sanusi.

Thus my line-up will have Goalkeeper: Nwabali; Defenders: Aina; Ekong; Ajayi; Bassey; Midfielders: Onyeka; Yusuf; Iwobi Attackers Moffi; Osimehn; Lookman.

Moffi would be my wild card for that game or I could play Iheanacho instead.

This will make the team not to be too predictable and help disorganise to some extent the game plan of the Angolans.
Pls explain what Moffi’s role would be in the defensive shape of the team. Have you ever seen Moffi play in a similar defensive role as you propose? Some of you forget that there’re 2 goal posts in a football field.
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:01 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:56 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:25 am Sooner or later the 343 will be exposed.

352 and replace Zaidu. Bring Yusuf into the midfield and drop Simon. Have Iwobi advanced. Lookman SS alongside Osimehn.
Yusuf will be the extra man in the middle. He will cover more ground than Simon and allow Iwobi to actually CREATE goal scoring opportunities.

A coach whose system is working should abandon his plan and follow yours? Cmon dude….getbreal. :laugh:
You've got to have a fall back plan B just in case, Angola must have watched all our games and done due diligence on how to set up against this formation...I'm sure that concept isn't alien to you!
Eguavoen says hi! Have you guys forgotten what Tunisia did to us? It was obvious that they just figured out our formation and how we played in our last game and the rest is history.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:51 am Anybody have anything against using same team that beat Cameroun again? Same team for me. If Nwabili isn’t fit the Lekan Ojo should start. Any issues dia?/ :|
Angola has slick passing with Freddy, who had 2 assists against Namibia the leading partner in crime.

We need to kill that midfield. It's why we need to tweak with out 3-4-3 or more like 5-3-4 a bit. I still don't get why use 2 wing backs in Aina and Zaidu and then use two wide players in Lookman and Simon ay the same time.

Why not just sacrifice Simon and introduce Alhassan alongside Onyeks, health permitting, and relieve Iwobi of defensive midfield duties so he could move into the AM role while we'd have just Osimhen and Lookman upfront
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The hate for Zaidu is a bit too much on these pages.

Only player I would remove is Simon
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
trae_z
Egg
Egg

Post by trae_z »

deanotito wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:32 am The hate for Zaidu is a bit too much on these pages.

It's not hate, Bassey offers more going forward than Zaidu.
So Zaidu out, Omerou takes Basey's position, and Bassey moves to left wing back.
Uzoho in for Nwabali, if Nwabali fails to recover.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ANC wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:16 am
Abbey wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:00 am Omeruo for Zaidu. Bassey plays left wing back.
I was under the impression, that some complained, in the recent past, that Bassey was subpar on the wings, or did the past game change all that?
:lol: :lol:

Football Management 101 - You don't change a winning team.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

trae_z wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:04 am
deanotito wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:32 am The hate for Zaidu is a bit too much on these pages.

So Zaidu out, Omerou takes Basey's position, and Bassey moves to left wing back.
The question should be does Omeruo offer the same or more than Bassey in the CD position? And how would he combine with Bassey over the 90 minutes and not just the last 10 minutes like they have done in the last 3 games.

I still don't get why Zaidu is picked upon when none of our wide wingers have consistently delivered good crosses in all 4 games. It's not only Zaidu who has been misfiring with crosses, its not only Zaidu that has misplaced passes but one thing you guys can't take away from Zaidu is that nothing has gone past him in his primary role as the left sided defender.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Bro map out what u gave just said…3-5-2

Ajayi Ekong Bassey

Aina Yusuf Onyeka Iwobi Simon

Lookman Osimhen

….so you want Simon playing LWB or Onyeka dropping into the Back three….

Please correct me if am wrong thanks
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:31 am
trae_z wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:04 am

The question should be does Omeruo offer the same or more than Bassey in the CD position? And how would he combine with Bassey over the 90 minutes and not just the last 10 minutes like they have done in the last 3 games.

I still don't get why Zaidu is picked upon when none of our wide wingers have consistently delivered good crosses in all 4 games. It's not only Zaidu who has been misfiring with crosses, its not only Zaidu that has misplaced passes but one thing you guys can't take away from Zaidu is that nothing has gone past him in his primary role as the left sided defender.
Actually, everything has….

He is covered perfectly by Bassey….the issue is that if u move Bassey out and put in Omeruo…WILL HE COVER BASSEY AS WELL AS BASSEY COVERED ZAIDU..?

Not so sure so…..I will keep same back “5” especially since we will have Uzoho in goal….cant panic the guy or give him excuses…

My change will be….drop Simon, move Iwobi to the wing and bring in Yusuf (only if fully fit)

Uzoho

Ajayi Ekong Bassey

Aina Yusuf Onyeka Zaidu

Iwobi Osimhen Lookman
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........