Boniface fit in current system

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Boniface fit in current system

Post by Synopsis »

deanotito wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:23 am
Synopsis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:52 am
deanotito wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:40 am
ANC wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:29 pm
deanotito wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:56 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:59 pm but serious the coach is over playing VO9.
Perhaps the should only 45 minutes in the nxt game.
What on earth are you guys on about? What major tournament do you rest your stars in elimination games?

bros, perhaps he should have done it earlier.
VO9 was completely spent in the Angola game.
I am not saying to bench VO9, but he should not be playing all these minutes.
Perhaps that’s more VO’s fault than the coach..?

Let’s look at any major tournament of the last several years…

How much did Mbappe rest in 22?
How much did Messi rest?

I mean, can’t remember any major tournament where resting your stars is a part of any coach’s calculations.

I personally don’t even like resting your team for the 3rd group game (if you’ve qualified). You come to a tournament like this to fight and win. You can’t be thinking about resting your best players
Mbappe and Messi aren’t known for their workrate
Players known for their work rate aren’t usually players asking to be rested. Think through any major tournament and tell me the star that was rested on the way to the final. Even Nwabali looked tired after Angola…rest him too?

I think you all are just projecting on Osimhen. Let the coach decide, but I’d be shocked if Osimhen was too tired to go
No, we shouldn’t rest our key players. Just saying.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:29 am

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

If Paseiro rests VO9 in a tight game, I will personally fire him myself.

As for Boniface, if we use this shape, he’d have to ride pine. But I suspect we’d adjust things to accommodate him.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

waka-man wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:19 am If Paseiro rests VO9 in a tight game, I will personally fire him myself.

As for Boniface, if we use this shape, he’d have to ride pine. But I suspect we’d adjust things to accommodate him.
Resting him at this stage makes no sense. For me I’d say if he’s clearly gassed you gotta have enough confidence in your bench to replace him. He would have forced Vic to play the entire last game if Vic did not sit down on the grass and force his hand. It shouldn’t have to come to that. When the guy is clearly tired, for the sake of your player you have to give them a break.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:35 am
waka-man wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:19 am If Paseiro rests VO9 in a tight game, I will personally fire him myself.

Resting him at this stage makes no sense. For me I’d say if he’s clearly gassed you gotta have enough confidence in your bench to replace him. He would have forced Vic to play the entire last game if Vic did not sit down on the grass and force his hand. It shouldn’t have to come to that. When the guy is clearly tired, for the sake of your player you have to give them a break.
not saying him o.
resting him would not be good if SE makes it to the finals.
Coach should rotate the squad better, while still maintaining a stable starting lineup.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

How about the tournament management inexperience of Peserio being exposed now. The lack of the use of the bench to reinvigorate the team.

Where in his career has he managed a team over 3-4 weeks, in a tournament? 5 match stretch with matches played at higher intensity. In heat, and high humidity?

Forget managing or rotating the players. Osihmen basically begged to subbed. Over the WC qualifiers, and AFCON matches, Peserio has been with the team long enough to assess the players. If he can't tell his players are exhausted, we have bigger problems. It would indicate he is reactive as opposed to being proactive on player management.

We have to focus on managing Peserio. His assessment, and reaction to changing events, and (adverse) circumstances might be our undoing.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

If fans are complaining while the team is winning, I wonder what hell
will break out in a loss. It's been said that, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
I guess our resident ITK coaches just want to add some salt, pepper, and a little more heat.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

OJI wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:09 am How about the tournament management inexperience of Peserio being exposed now. The lack of the use of the bench to reinvigorate the team.

Where in his career has he managed a team over 3-4 weeks, in a tournament? 5 match stretch with matches played at higher intensity. In heat, and high humidity?

Forget managing or rotating the players. Osihmen basically begged to subbed. Over the WC qualifiers, and AFCON matches, Peserio has been with the team long enough to assess the players. If he can't tell his players are exhausted, we have bigger problems. It would indicate he is reactive as opposed to being proactive on player management.

We have to focus on managing Peserio. His assessment, and reaction to changing events, and (adverse) circumstances might be our undoing.
What the heck are you on about? We only have a three outfield players who haven’t played and only Ajayi has played every minute.

The squad is being well used.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:40 am
Coach wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:45 pm
Presumably you missed Onuachi's attempted step-overs a few days back. Reminiscent of a drunk Denilson in stilettos, in that very instance, the reason became all the more obvious.
You dis man sef :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

How good is Moffi at tracking back and helping out the defense?
Because Onuachu is no solution to an injured or fatigued Osimhen.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:23 am How good is Moffi at tracking back and helping out the defense?
He’s ok. Sadiq is the best of our striker pool after OSHIMEN at pressing and defending. That’s why he was invited.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:40 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:23 am How good is Moffi at tracking back and helping out the defense?
He’s ok. Sadiq is the best of our striker pool after OSHIMEN at pressing and defending. That’s why he was invited.
More than gra gra Taiwo?

But I would personally replace Vic with Kelechi if it’s 15 mins left in the game. He can and does play up top and would also provide passes for Lookman and Simon and be able to execute effective counters and make the right passing decision as we look to pad the score line.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I agree VO looks gassed but good news is Simon and Lookman, who have both sat out major minutes look really strong. We might have to lean on those two. I also see Chukwueze having a say