Osimhen doubt for SA game (now available)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

donadoni
Egg
Egg
Re: Osimhen doubt for SA game (now available)

Post by donadoni »

Not having had to use a talented player like Kele by the semifinals is actually a very positive sign in terms of a championship winning trajectory. It’s like getting to the question couple of questions in “who wants to be a millionaire” and still having all your lifelines. Remember Amuneke in 1994 Afcon who wasn’t played and turned out to be the joker in the pack in the final.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Osimhen doubt for SA game

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:06 am
txj wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:53 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:35 pm
txj wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:20 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:32 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:27 pm
packerland wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:47 pm

I can't read Kele any more. He is usually the jovial guy but he was not a part of their last locker room celebration. What I do know is that 10-20 years from now, someone will do a "tell it all" interview on things we're not privy to. Maybe we'll find if Musa is indeed a leader or just another player with connection while riding the coattails of others.
I saw Kele celebrating the two ‘goals’ we scored during the last game, I didn’t see him NOT celebrating in the locker room. I just feel like these folks are trying so hard to put discord in the team all in the name of gist. Clearly nobody will be happy to not play a single minute at the tourney esp and rightly so as a professional should feel they have something to offer. Same way it was reported Vic was unhappy in 2019 and Ighalo said he had to talk to him to relax that his time would come. But I haven’t seen Kelechi actively trying to undermine the team in anyway regardless of his lack of PT…
Mace,

This isnt about sowing discord bit about knowing as much as one can. Kele is human unless we are stating that he is not. This is a guy with several international games under his belt and he is no where near retirement. Clearly, if he is not injured then something unusual has to be going on and as journalist worth his salt should really find out. That is the job of journalists. There is no way Kele or anyone else for that matter can be happy with the situation if they find themselves in a similar situation. As they say .... the story is definitely loading.

This is quite strange.

Are you saying that he should be guaranteed playing time- based on his past history, or else something is wrong?
Nope. Neither I am stating that Peseiro should play him.

What I am stating, however, is that given the fact that he has been regularly featuring for the team and suddenly has zero minutes THAT ALONE should have well trained journalists snooping around for answers because it is strange. Any journalist worth a dime in the profession should be asking questions at this time.

Bros, any answer provided by Peseiro on this issue creates a readable story and there are $$$$ for the media to be made by selling the story. It really matters diddly what Peseiro says. What matters is that he responds to the question and just that creates a STORY worth selling.

I'm not asking about the journalists; frankly I care diddly about the journos.

I am asking about YOU.

This is what you said:

Clearly, if he is not injured then something unusual has to be going on

If you say it is CLEARLY UNUSUAL, then you are saying that he MUST GET PLAYING TIME, based on his past history.

Why would it be unusual?

Why could it not be based on technical considerations?

I'm trying to understand your rationale for considering this unusual...
Txj,

It is UNSUAL because in previous games, prior to AFCON, Iheanacho will USAUALLY get playing time. Is that not what unusual means if suddenly he is fit but is not getting into games? If you follow SE closely, then you ought to know that it is indeed UNUSUAL. Maybe you have another definition for UNUSUAL.

Perhaps, and surprisingly, you are unaware about how the team frequently used the personnel prior to the AFCON. I am surprised that you even question the use of that word. I guess you want me to state that it is not surprising? That, frankly, will be inaccurate.

In any case, my thought about questioning it is of course from the journalistic viewpoint and explaining why a journalist should and ought to ask the question. It will be a dereliction of duty not to ask that question.

For me, as a fan, I would not care as far as the team is winning. However, the discussion here is about the questioning by a journalist. To be frank, I will expect persistence in sniffing around the team to get an answer on why Iheanacho has not played a minute, why he was announced to be at the press conference today but yet was not there? Those are journalistic due diligence.

Fair enough, from a journalistic perspective. But even considering that, it is still NOT unusual for a player to not get playing time when a team is performing well and when such a player may not be the best fit for how a team is playing.

If anything, it is COMMONPLACE in the modern game...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

donadoni wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:07 am Not having had to use a talented player like Kele by the semifinals is actually a very positive sign in terms of a championship winning trajectory. It’s like getting to the question couple of questions in “who wants to be a millionaire” and still having all your lifelines. Remember Amuneke in 1994 Afcon who wasn’t played and turned out to be the joker in the pack in the final.
A division 2 benchwarming lifeline :lol: :lol: :lol: our standards are shockingly low.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:18 pm
donadoni wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:07 am Not having had to use a talented player like Kele by the semifinals is actually a very positive sign in terms of a championship winning trajectory. It’s like getting to the question couple of questions in “who wants to be a millionaire” and still having all your lifelines. Remember Amuneke in 1994 Afcon who wasn’t played and turned out to be the joker in the pack in the final.

A division 2 benchwarming lifeline :lol: :lol: :lol: our standards are shockingly low.
Division 2 benchwarming lifeline - Na me tok am o!