Man Utd approach Napoli for Osimhen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd approach Napoli for Osimhen

Post by maceo4 »

Plus his issue is Vic’s injuries, he says he’s a great striker but can’t stay fit. Contrary to these guys telling us he’s not good…
1naija wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:45 am Dude, are you that desperate? So Altobelli skipped all the Italian National team players on the Napoli team to make such comments about Osimhen to some obscure website called mynigeria.com?

iworo wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:00 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:20 pm
iworo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:50 pm Why is Napoli trying to get rid of Osimhen??
What do you mean by get rid of? Bros, every player has a price. So you expect Napoli hold on to him if there is c a big offer out there. I will sell his rights in a heart beat if a big offer comes. This is a business.
Ex-Inter Milan star says Napoli must sell Osimhen

Alessandro Altobelli, a former Inter Milan star says Victor Osimhen can't lead Napoli to victory and has advised the club to let him go.

Osimhen failed to place the club back in the champions league places despite his €70 million transfer from Lille in 2019.

The lanky forward scored 10 goals in his first season and missed some games due to several injuries.

Osimhen suffered another injury this season which led to Napoli slipping from the top of the table to the second position.

Alessandro Altobelli said, Osimhen’s injury history is a major challenge for the club.

He said, “If Napoli had a strong striker at their disposal and they did, that is Osimhen where was he at this time? For me, Osimhen is a great striker, but in two years he makes you 10 games.”

“He gave little to Napoli. I am of the opinion that Napoli must take on a great striker. If Napoli had Vlahovic they would be at the top of the table” he said.

http://lucky-wap-ams.op-mobile.opera.co ... rts&page=6

Napoli Open To Letting Osimhen Leave Next Summer, Sets Price Tag As Forward Suffers Racist Abuse

Victor Osimhen will be allowed to leave Italian Serie A side Napoli next summer during the transfer window per reports by Rai journalist Ciro Venerato. Speaking to Domenica Sportiva, he said the club have decided to cut their losses on the Nigerian as he is yet to fully settle in the country and have already set a price tag for his sale. He said president of Napoli Aurelio De Laurentius sees reasons in letting the forward leave but for a fee in the region of a €100m and have already initiated contact with Sassuolo over their forward Gianluca Scamacca. “Victor Osimhen can leave Napoli at the end of the season. Manchester United are part of the teams keen on him. Their manager Ralph Ragnick sees him as a perfect replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo”, he said. “De Laurentius has set a price tag of around €100m after evaluating his options. At the same time Napoli have asked for information with Sassuolo for Scamacca. Spalleti considers him the perfect replacement for Osimhen if he leaves”, he explained. Meanwhile fellow Italian journalist Dario Di Gennaro has expressed his surprise over the behaviour of the referee in the 2-1 win Napoli had over Lazio yesterday in the Serie A, he claimed they didn’t bother to stop the game when Osimhen was racially insulted by Lazio fans. “But racist insult for Osimhen without anyone from the referee saying anything”, he posted on his official Twitter handle @dariogennar.

https://thestreetjournal.org/napoli-ope ... ist-abuse/
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:41 pm Napoli getting rid of a player for 100M??
Man we have some naive ppl on this site.

Napoli was ALWAYS going to sell Osimhen on. That has always been the plan. If anything he is doing so well that the plan has been accelerated.

What a weird statement to make.

I guess Inter got rid of lukaku and Dortmund bout to get rid of Haaland :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So you buy a player that is supposed to win you the league and then start marketing him in the middle of the season before you cross the finished line? What do you think it does to the players psyche?

Meanwhile €100m is the price tag. We don’t know how much he will go for. And even if he gets sold for €100m, what is the extra €20m on top of the €80m they paid for him including wages and bonuses?

Time will tell.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:10 pm So if the story were true, Manchester United (a much bigger club) wanting to sign him means Napoli is trying to get rid him? THIS IS CLEARLY BUSHMEN LOGIC.

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:47 pm
iworo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:50 pm Why is Napoli trying to get rid of Osimhen??
Good question.

Watching him play over the last few months gives me some concern about his development. He appears to have stagnated a bit and my suspicion is that Napoli might be thinking he would not develop into the player they thought when they bought him. So its better to cash in early.

Osimhen needs to watch and study the new Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic who is only 22, to learn a few things from him.
I was just thinking the same. Arsenal wanted to get rid of Aubameyang...that was reflected in his price (free).
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:08 am
1naija wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:10 pm So if the story were true, Manchester United (a much bigger club) wanting to sign him means Napoli is trying to get rid him? THIS IS CLEARLY BUSHMEN LOGIC.

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:47 pm
Good question.

Watching him play over the last few months gives me some concern about his development. He appears to have stagnated a bit and my suspicion is that Napoli might be thinking he would not develop into the player they thought when they bought him. So its better to cash in early.

Osimhen needs to watch and study the new Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic who is only 22, to learn a few things from him.
I was just thinking the same. Arsenal wanted to get rid of Aubameyang...that was reflected in his price (free).
Very wise decision, got rid of him and are struggling to score goals meanwhile Aubameyang is banging goals for Barca. Arteta needs to be investigated.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:18 am
Ugbowo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:41 pm Napoli getting rid of a player for 100M??

Napoli was ALWAYS going to sell Osimhen on. That has always been the plan. If anything he is doing so well that the plan has been accelerated.

I guess Inter got rid of lukaku and Dortmund bout to get rid of Haaland :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So you buy a player that is supposed to win you the league and then start marketing him in the middle of the season before you cross the finished line? What do you think it does to the players psyche?

Meanwhile €100m is the price tag. We don’t know how much he will go for. And even if he gets sold for €100m, what is the extra €20m on top of the €80m they paid for him including wages and bonuses?

Time will tell.
My goodness you are really slow..kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:26 pm

Time will tell.
I don’t argue with casuals like you. You have proven time and again that you don’t understand football.

No ambitious club sells their best player. Napoli is not a selling club. So why are they so keen to sell their best player who is ONLY 23 just to make a €20m profit on the back of a €80m investment after only 2 years?

Here is a short list of players whose clubs refused to sell them for big money until they were ready to let them go. Players that the club management deemed too important to sell at the point in time. I hope some of you will get it, some will never.

Luka Modric - Tottenham refused to sell to Chelsea even after increased offer from £30m to £40m.

Alexis Sanchez - Wenger refused to sell him even when he was pushing for a move away.

Luis Suarez - Remember the £40m plus £1 offer that Liverpool refused even after Arsenal met their asking price of £40m?

Virgil van Dijk - Southampton refused to sell him to Liverpool even with the huge profit they were going to make for a player that cost £13m after Liverpool increases their offer to over £60m. They held on to him for another full season before selling him for £75m.

Harry Kane - Tottenham refused to sell him to Mancity for over £100m, a player that came through their youth system.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:01 pm

Time will tell.
I don’t argue with casuals like you. You have proven time and again that you don’t understand football.

No ambitious club sells their best player. Napoli is not a selling club. So why are they so keen to sell their best player just to make a €20m profit on the back of a €80m investment after only 2 years?

Here is a short list of players whose clubs refused to sell them for big money until they were ready to let them go. Players that the club management deemed too important to sell at the point in time. I hope some of you will get it, some will never.

Luka Modric - Tottenham refused to sell to Chelsea even after increased offer from £30m to £40m.

Alexis Sanchez - Wenger refused to sell him even when he was pushing for a move away.

Luis Suarez - Remember the £40m plus £1 offer that Liverpool refused even after Arsenal met their asking price of £40m?

Virgil van Dijk - Southampton refused to sell him to Liverpool even with the huge profit they were going to make for a player that cost £13m after Liverpool increases their offer to over £60m. They held on to him for another full season before selling him for £75m.

Harry Kane - Tottenham refused to sell him to Mancity for over £100m, a player that came through their youth system.
oh my goodness what is this? :D :D :D all the players you listed other than Kane were sold the following season.. Lolly you are really clueless about football.. Guess what Insigne will be moving to the MLS after the season.. look here Napoli, etc are in the business to make money.. a 100 M on any player will be sold to manage that club... chei rant and rave really did a number on you... you no be am at all
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:19 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:01 pm

Time will tell.

No ambitious club sells their best player. Napoli is not a selling club. So why are they so keen to sell their best player just to make a €20m profit on the back of a €80m investment after only 2 years?

oh my goodness what is this? :D :D :D all the players you listed other than Kane were sold the following season.. Lolly you are really clueless about football.. Guess what Insigne will be moving to the MLS after the season.. look here Napoli, etc are in the business to make money.. a 100 M on any player will be sold to manage that club... chei rant and rave really did a number on you... you no be am at all
The club refused to sell them when there wer opportunities to make good profit. And they were not busy marketing them in the middle of the player’s second season. Yes, they sold them eventually but they were not in a rush to sell them. And the only reason was because they deemed those players too important to their squad and ambitions to let them go at that point in time.

So you think selling a top player of 23 years they bought for €80m for €100m in 2 years is good business for Napoli? Clubs make €15m for just qualifying for the Champions League and can make almost €80m for winning it. If Napoli think they can do well in the Champions League with Osimhen, they won’t be selling him for a pitiful profit of €20m.

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Osimhen is someone who is highly rated in Serie A, and is admired by United interim boss Ralf Rangnick, per the Daily Star.

However, the English outlet claims that Napoli informed United that Osimhen would cost around £100 million, which has ended the Red Devils' interest.

Watch news update here:

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The money too much..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Purity wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:53 pm Osimhen is someone who is highly rated in Serie A, and is admired by United interim boss Ralf Rangnick, per the Daily Star.

However, the English outlet claims that Napoli informed United that Osimhen would cost around £100 million, which has ended the Red Devils' interest.

Watch news update here:

You said $100m in your video but wrote £100m here.

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The correct figure is $100m..
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The correct figure is $100m..
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I want to see him @ Chelsea
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly, this will help you understand Napoli's policy from the horses mouth - if you keep arguing blindly then you are on your own:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/wrong-not- ... bn7g9xdksl
"By now I have decided one thing: from now on when there are important offers, we will give up, even if they have been here for a year," De Laurentiis told Radio Kiss Kiss as per TuttoMercato.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

The way some of us reason is actually very terrible. A bigger team is coming for a big player in an average team and some people here are already thinking they want to get rid of him because he's not performing. No average team like Napoli will let such opportunity slide.

A player who has played 22 matches this season even with injury issues, yet managed to score 11 goals with 4 assists. Not even withstanding the fact that Napoli as a team hardly passes to Osimhen. A lot of coaches have also pointed this out.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:39 pm Lolly, this will help you understand Napoli's policy from the horses mouth - if you keep arguing blindly then you are on your own:

"By now I have decided one thing: from now on when there are important offers, we will give up, even if they have been here for a year," De Laurentiis told Radio Kiss Kiss as per TuttoMercato.
I see you intentionally didn’t post the following from the same article.
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has admitted that a bid of €110 million was made for Kalidou Koulibaly previously, however, he rejected it, a decision he is ruing now.

The 29-year-old has been linked with some of Europe’s giants like Manchester United, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona for the past couple of seasons. However, the Partenopei have been holding back on selling their prized asset.
Exactly what I have been saying. They held back selling their prized asset.

Is ok, make una dey argue with una self.

shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Purity wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:53 pm The money too much..
Na your money ?
oga abeg carry go, make we spend dollar :taunt:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:19 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:39 pm Lolly, this will help you understand Napoli's policy from the horses mouth - if you keep arguing blindly then you are on your own:

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has admitted that a bid of €110 million was made for Kalidou Koulibaly previously, however, he rejected it, a decision he is ruing now.

The 29-year-old has been linked with some of Europe’s giants like Manchester United, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona for the past couple of seasons. However, the Partenopei have been holding back on selling their prized asset.

And he's saying HE WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! HABA! You are talking about the past, I'm talking about how that past now affects the present and you are totally missing the point. Why is it so hard to admit you weren't aware of how DeLaurentis NOW does business?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

ANC wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:31 pm I want to see him @ Chelsea
Yeah, sitting the bench.
I see you don't wish the kid well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:23 pm

And he's saying HE WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! HABA! You are talking about the past, I'm talking about how that past now affects the present and you are totally missing the point. Why is it so hard to admit you weren't aware of how DeLaurentis NOW does business?
But you guys have been saying clubs would always sell the prized assets while I have been saying clubs tend to hold on to them a bit longer. Osimhen at 23 is a valuable and prized asset that you can hold on to and still sell in 2 years time for a bigger profit if you believe he will improve in value.

Coulibaly was 29 when he made that statement and hence the regrets they could never get €100m for him again.
Last edited by Lolly on Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^

I hear you Lolly. I understand your sentiment, but I also see why a lot of people disagree. Me included. If you have the right offer, you HAVE TO sell immediately. There is a reason the adage "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" exists. If someone is truly willing to pay 100 million, the MUST take it.

However, I too get the sense that Napoli is trying to sell him as quickly as possible before the gloss wears off. His last few games (two against Barcelona and this past weekend) he has done very little. Teams seems to have figured him out and he is easily marked out of games. The longer this goes on, the less valuable he becomes. So you can see Napoli is on a full blown PR campaign to sell him THIS SUMMER. Hence all the hype and exaggeration about his ability. We all have eyes, even a fool can watch him play and see he is NOT REMOTELY CLOSE to Maradona like Spalleti is trying to "sell"
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:30 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:23 pm

But you guys have been saying clubs would always sell the prized assets while I have been saying clubs tend to hold on to them a bit longer. Osimhen at 23 is a valuable and prized asset that you can hold on to and still sell in 2 years time for a bigger profit if you believe he will improve in value.

Coulibaly was 29 when he made that statement and hence the regrets they could never get €100m for him again.
Bros, even bushboy understands, why is it so hard for you to? Why prolong this silly argument when you have DeLaurentis' own words? I mean come the eff on, this is getting comical... :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!