Bonke is it folks

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Bonke is it folks

Post by highbury »

I have done my research, and I can confidently say that Bonke is the one. I don't care whether he pairs with Onyeka or Etebo, Bonke must start. Honestly, I am disappointed that this guy have not been consistently present in the team.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Bonke is it folks

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:59 pm I have done my research, and I can confidently say that Bonke is the one. I don't care whether he pairs with Onyeka or Etebo, Bonke must start. Honestly, I am disappointed that this guy have not been consistently present in the team.
Not willing to share your ground-breaking research?
So what's the point of this thread? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:30 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:59 pm I have done my research, and I can confidently say that Bonke is the one. I don't care whether he pairs with Onyeka or Etebo, Bonke must start. Honestly, I am disappointed that this guy have not been consistently present in the team.
My broda I no fit now. Ghana Bredas full ground
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Come on. You know there are other agents here that will steal his methods and start using it for their own players. Someone like agent Bret Fart will do Thanksgiving if he lays his hands on such secret.
Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:30 pm
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I am willing to give the guy a second chance. He is now playing in France and his tackling stats for those games are good. But truth be told he was horrible in that Cape Verde game he had his debut. Misplacing passes and falling allover the place.

I still think a more technical Nwobodo would be a better option.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:32 pm I am willing to give the guy a second chance. He is now playing in France and his tackling stats for those games are good. But truth be told he was horrible in that Cape Verde game he had his debut. Misplacing passes and falling allover the place.

I mean that was literally his debut game in a crucial qualifier, so nerves and mistakes were expected to be obvious.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:32 pm I am willing to give the guy a second chance. He is now playing in France and his tackling stats for those games are good. But truth be told he was horrible in that Cape Verde game he had his debut. Misplacing passes and falling allover the place.

I think you should expand your understanding of the game to be more team oriented than player oriented. There's not a sane coach that would pick Nwobodo ahead of Bonke as a direct replacement of Ndidi. However, if the plan is to eliminated Ndidi's role and use a DM differently then Nwobodo can certainly be considered.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He wasn't horrible against Cape Verde. He was decent. Broke up plays, made tackles, and made simple passes which is his usual game. I do think Michael was better than him in that game.

Personally I would have gone for Yusuf who covers a lot of ground and can do the dirty work, but also looks more comfortable going forward and makes good runs from deep. Bonke is a decent choice tho. Not flashy but seems consistent.
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:40 pm

I mean that was literally his debut game in a crucial qualifier, so nerves and mistakes were expected to be obvious.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

What on earth are you talking???
You may want to go watch that game again (CPV vs Naija in Minelo, CPV).
He and Kingsley Michael both had very good performances.

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

That's the problem. Judge a player on his merits and what you see. He had always been good, even before he went to France. I agree with you that in his first game against Cape Verde he had a few misplaced places. But you will agree with me that he improved as the game went. You can understand that it was his first game starting for Nigeria in an away match in Cape Verde. In that game, we won. Cape Verde had only one shot one goal in the whole game which resulted in a goal. In the reverse fixture with Ndidi at the base, we conceded a lot of shots( can't remember the number). I will tell you one thing: Bonke is a better passer of the ball than Ndidi.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Where were the nerves for a much younger and less experienced Kingsley Michael ?

He didn't show any and had a seller game. Poor excuse.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

That's interesting, for someone they were calling a bricklayer when he was playing in sweden, but because he's now in France they want to look at him objectively.
To put it simply Bonke is a competent midfielder, not spectacular but he'll work hard
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:47 pm

Where were the nerves for a much younger and less experienced Kingsley Michael ?

lol! Forgot to mention that you have your own agenda on players you want to push to the SE, to hell with other players as far as you're concerned.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:47 pm

This guy na wa for you. You talk as if players dont improve and/or have bad games. At this stage just put your reservasions for the guy and support the team. Jeez.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:05 pm That's interesting, for someone they were calling a bricklayer when he was playing in sweden, but because he's now in France they want to look at him objectively.
To put it simply Bonke is a competent midfielder, not spectacular but he'll work hard
No mind dem . The boy is a workhorse on mf. I wouldn't be surprised if ends up at a mid table Epl team live Brighton or Burnley, teams that value defensive cover in MF but don't spend a lot of money. He's very good at what he does.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:48 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:05 pm That's interesting, for someone they were calling a bricklayer when he was playing in sweden, but because he's now in France they want to look at him objectively.
No mind dem . The boy is a workhorse on mf. I wouldn't be surprised if ends up at a mid table Epl team live Brighton or Burnley, teams that value defensive cover in MF but don't spend a lot of money. He's very good at what he does.
Ok you guys are right, he's not a bricklayer....but he's taken over the Mechanic role :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

The difference is that he's playing in France and playing well, so his opinion has changed. But if you watched Bonke in Sweden and watch him now in France, he is exactly the same player - a no frills, tactically astute and hardworking midfielder.

For me, he's a solid player who gives us depth.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:18 pm
Ok you guys are right, he's not a bricklayer....but he's taken over the Mechanic role :mrgreen:

Mechanic of the highest order. We replaced a midfield general with a midfield vulcanizer.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Nothing more to add. :thumbs:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mystic wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:49 am

Mechanic of the highest order. We replaced a midfield general with a midfield vulcanizer.
The vulcanizer played when we beat Cape Verde away but the general played when we nearly lost to the same Cape Verde at home. Life no balance.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Lolly wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:05 pm
mystic wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:49 am

The vulcanizer played when we beat Cape Verde away but the general played when we nearly lost to the same Cape Verde at home. Life no balance.
When we nearly lost? LOL. Baba just talk say when we drew with them. Your point will still be well taken... :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Kai..when Babs dey reply to random threads at 8am, na him be say somebody don dey truly shake...Anyway I have given up on trying to be productive today