NIGERIA 1 VS GHANA 1 - ABUJA game thread

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 1 VS GHANA 1 - ABUJA game thread

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:26 pm
theYemster wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:11 pm I was a huge supporter of Eguavoen but he's just not it. He couldn't even motivate his team. I expected him to have upped the tempo right from kick off of the second half. Ghana struggled right after their goal when pressure from Nigeria was high. They should've kept it up but they fell back to their big man football passing around the back as if you have all the time in the world.

Ghana scoring changed everything. It meant they couldn't sit back anymore. And Eguavoen clearly didn't measure up.
No urgency, no momentum, players were tired, and their replacements looked just as tired.

Pathetic.
I wish it was tiredness. These ones had zero desire for success. Zero hunger! Even the fans in the stands did not want it. Most of them, fat looking, pot bellied or kwashiokored ....sitting down, drinking water and chatting with their friends in a derby match, where they should make it hell for the opponent.

We are finished! The FA chairperson is a bas.tard who is more interested in stealing money to maintain his home in london. The coach is poor and the players are both poor and lack ambition.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:15 pm
lacidi wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:09 pm Balogun and Ekong are terrible defenders
Did they give away any goals today?
No but Balogun put us under unnecessary pressure and also oftentimes slowed down our buildup play.

Neither of them were able to buildup our attack especially when we needed to put pressure on Ghana.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:28 pm watched the entire 90 minutes, with our star studded squad, the coaching was mediocre, we did not deserve to win the game, Ghana were not even better, it was just a case or poor tactics! like I always say, Nigeria football is a reflection of society at large, the only difference is, they managed to get the diaspora to switch nationalities, today was just poor coaching, end of
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Talk about people lying to themselves. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: start studded hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

most of your players play in lowly clubs, fighting relegation and its start studded :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:35 pm
No but Balogun put us under unnecessary pressure and also oftentimes slowed down our buildup play.

Neither of them were able to buildup our attack especially when we needed to put pressure on Ghana.

The fact Nigeria has Balogun, Ekong and Omeruo on our squad tells you everything you need to know. Relegation team! Tufiakwa!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

KPENARITY, KPENARITY!!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Coaching matters.

Eguavoen got it RIGHT with his starting 11 and we looked like we were going to run away with it.

Then came half time. Otto Addo went to a back 5 and the rest was history.

Our first adjustment was with 15 mins left and it was Musa and Ighalo who came in to get us back to 4-4-2. It was the right shape change but should have happened 10 mins earlier. Not sure it was the right personnel either.

Now our football is in pieces. Eguavoen will be fire. Pinnick will not win a third term and we will be starting from scratch.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:36 pm
marko wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:28 pm watched the entire 90 minutes, with our star studded squad, the coaching was mediocre, we did not deserve to win the game, Ghana were not even better, it was just a case or poor tactics! like I always say, Nigeria football is a reflection of society at large, the only difference is, they managed to get the diaspora to switch nationalities, today was just poor coaching, end of
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Talk about people lying to themselves. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: start studded hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

most of your players play in lowly clubs, fighting relegation and its start studded :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bruh I get it, but Ghana's players are playing in worse teams...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:34 pm
theYemster wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:11 pm I was a huge supporter of Eguavoen but he's just not it. He couldn't even motivate his team. I expected him to have upped the tempo right from kick off of the second half. Ghana struggled right after their goal when pressure from Nigeria was high. They should've kept it up but they fell back to their big man football passing around the back as if you have all the time in the world.

Ghana scoring changed everything. It meant they couldn't sit back anymore. And Eguavoen clearly didn't measure up.
No urgency, no momentum, players were tired, and their replacements looked just as tired.

Pathetic.
I wish it was tiredness. These ones had zero desire for success. Zero hunger! Even the fans in the stands did not want it. Most of them, fat looking, pot bellied or kwashiokored ....sitting down, drinking water and chatting with their friends in a derby match, where they should make it hell for the opponent.

We are finished! The FA chairperson is a bas.tard who is more interested in stealing money to maintain his home in london. The coach is poor and the players are both poor and lack ambition.
You're right about the fans as well. They only cheer when they see leg overs and dribbles. They should have been vociferous in their support to motivate the team into upping the tempo. Our fans only wait for the team to play well before cheering whereas it's when they're playing poorly that they need to support instead of boos.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

nigeria.....the sick child of africa.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

theYemster wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:35 pm

No bros. There was very little movement in the midfield in the 2nd half. And our fullbacks didn’t have the lungs today. Aina didn’t look his normal self and Bassey is just average and got tired.

Onyeka going off was a big miss. Etebo wasn’t as mobile as Onyeka was and Shehu just sat back.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:38 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:36 pm

Bruh I get it, but Ghana's players are playing in worse teams...
That doesn't make ours star studded.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Koulibaly misses, Egypt might get their revenge
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Why are these fools destroying stuff in Abuja? :curse:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Morocco just scored a belter from outside the box. Nigerian player would've tried to dribble and pass.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

metalalloy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:50 pm Why are these fools destroying stuff in Abuja? :curse:
Are you in Abuja?
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Senegal qualifies for the World Cup!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:51 pm Morocco just scored a belter from outside the box. Nigerian player would've tried to dribble and pass.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: and then flick the ball over his own leg for throw in :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kai! we have suffered :lol: :lol: :lol:

the number of chances in that first half that our players connived to throw away ehn??? all in al, its their career. in the end, they are thje ones not going to the world cup! losers!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Rohr wasnty going to do anything at the WC anyway but this Eguavoen guy is the snatching defeat out of victory kind of coach, these game was there for the taking. I was screaming that Aribo that plays like he has two left legs is not the right choice and combined with Aina, it was always going to be a pedestrian game cause both are lazy type of players but Aribo much worse. Oh well, another keeper howler, probably dozed off like all the other players and fans included by the snooze fest. Half of these players need to go including 90% of the foreign born players - they just cant play to the high level of naija footy and thats was why the stadium was quiet, what they were seeing was foreign to them and a snooze quality at that.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

It's all very Painfully Over Now.
Many guys will reach retirement age by the next time around.
is there anything good in, from and by Nigeria ?
Gaddem
mightyjets
Egg
Egg

Post by mightyjets »

Hello my Naija brothers, we've always had your number. Better luck next time

Buffalo soldier
dreadlock rasta
There was a buffalo soldier,
in the heart of north london
Stolen from africa,
brought to North London,
Fighting on; get in!,
fighting for the gunners.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

mightyjets wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:08 pm Hello my Naija brothers, we've always had your number. Better luck next time
Yall played against Pinnicks Europe imports, no way this Ghana team hang with 11 naija bred players. Hope the import experiments stop, the spirit of international competition is for two contrasting styles to meet not this one where 6 of the starting 11 are foreign raised.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

my people cry small small oooo
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:34 pm

Pathetic.

I can't disagree much. There was a moment at about 70 minutes when we took a while to collect the ball and take a goal kick and I thought to myself, "imagine Argentina were in this situation" - their players would show urgency, their fans would create an atmosphere that demanded the players show effort. We were lacklustre in every department. I don't care anymore. It's rotten from head to toe.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.