Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-2 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joplass
Egg
Egg
Re: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-2

Post by joplass »

Early Christmas people. Renard knows what to do.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:04 pm
Coach wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:55 pm
txj wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:50 pm
Coach wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:49 pm Will interesting to see the pacey Old Men up against the energiser bunnies of Mexico. If the Rey Mysterios are fully charged, they’ll ask the Argies to run more than a Kenyan in a steeplechase. Lose here and could well be curtains for the fleet footed Di Maria and co.
The Mexican team I've watched the last two years does not have the organization
Don’t need it. As erratic as ever. As long as they run, they’ll cause this bunch of OAPs a problem. There is absolute no way Scaloni starts so many of them in the next game. In fact would argue, his next line up sees a massive injection of younger and faster players. Di Maria and Uncle on the other flank were bread and milk.

Every game is different.

I'm talking about the here and now.

Focus on the game in front of you, not the one in your head
Called it from the start, long before the final score. Too slow, too old. Under that heat. Problem. Final score? Problem.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Yessssssssssssssssssss!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Upset complete. Emphatically!
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Pioooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! ViCTORY! WALLLAHUUUU WAKUBARRRRRRRR!!!! ALLLAHUUUU AKUBARRRRRRRR!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-0

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:40 am Tremendously aged starting eleven for the Albiceleste. Experienced but old bones under the desert sun. Distinct lack of pace. Will need all their ring savvy to go full shaft deep.
All their ring savvy evaded them. Old bones, tired legs. Too easy.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I mean, this team has Otamendi as the centreback, Messi as their talisman, and Di Maria on the wings. Father time remains undefeated.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

The Argentina fans are glued to their seats. They don't know whether they are dreaming or not.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-2 FT

Post by Tobi17 »

This game even makes me despise Rohr more, that German fraud actually instilled the mindset into many of us that it was ok to lose to the team with "better" players, maybe that's why this present crop of Nigerian players are so mentally lazy and so quick to accept defeat...the Saudis aren't an elite team but look how how they played their lungs out today against one of the best teams in the world...e no go better for Rohr walahi
Last edited by Tobi17 on Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Saudi Arabia did waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Has to rank as one of the top upsets in World cup history
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

gosh wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:14 pm The Argentina fans are glued to their seats. They don't know whether they are dreaming or not.
They were sold a dream. I could be wrong, but this team looks like they are headed for an early exit.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

That ref did everything in his power to help Argentina. Disgraceful. :boo:

Congrats to Saudi Arabia. I'm really happy for them. :clap:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:11 pm
Coach wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:40 am Tremendously aged starting eleven for the Albiceleste. Experienced but old bones under the desert sun. Distinct lack of pace. Will need all their ring savvy to go full shaft deep.

Bla bla bla.

watch the game in front of ya...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

This victory was not as much a fluke as most would think.

Saudi Arabia have been solid under Herve Renard. Croatia struggled to beat them 1-0 even after introducing all of their stars in the second half. They are compact and have good chemistry.

I EXPECTED them to pull off some sort of surprise, though this was a bit more than I bargained for.
In fact I messaged my brother before the match telling him that KSA were defensively solid but offensively poor.

I expected a tight affair. I never liked Herve Renard (don't know why), but I must say he is the real deal. One of the best foreign coaches of underdog teams in history.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I woke up late and only started watching the game in the second half around 57 minutes. Despite all the referee (read FIFA) assistance, the worthless--and racist--Argies could not win? Allahu Akbar! :thumbs: :thumbs: God is truly great. :thumbs: :biggrin: I think I will break out the bottles of wine this early momo to celebrate. :lol: All of una who think Messi is the GOAT, gerrara hia! The man has the heart of a housefly. :rotf: When the going gets tough, the Messis disappear. :rotf: GOAT my arse. :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:21 pm
Coach wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:11 pm

Bla bla bla.

watch the game in front of ya...
Your eye don dey open abi? You are now seeing Coach for what it is. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Congrats Saudis, great goals!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

The funniest part of this game is that Argentina had 3 goals chalked off for offside. Kai! How much can one team take? :laugh: World Cup sweet ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kaiii! And we had a chance to hire this Renard guy and we didnt. na wa!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

airwolex wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:19 pm
gosh wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:14 pm The Argentina fans are glued to their seats. They don't know whether they are dreaming or not.
They were sold a dream. I could be wrong, but this team looks like they are headed for an early exit.
All that is needed is for Poland and Mexico to play a strategic game and shut the Argies out. Two draws and they going home.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:32 pm The funniest part of this game is that Argentina had 3 goals chalked off for offside. Kai! How much can one team take? :laugh: World Cup sweet ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :thumbs:
They can console themselves with their racism :woot: :rotf: :rotf:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Wha choo looking at?!