The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Post by balo »

Cito wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:52 pm
balo wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:46 pm
Cito wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:40 pm
balo wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:12 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:23 pm Very strong team for the friendly today.
Little surprising.
Rams, Gabriel, White, Partey, Saka all starting.
Jesus and Balogun on bench
Saka just scored with a powerful long range.
Where are you watching it?

Or as I suspected you as a true fan subscribed to Arsenal match pass.... :D
LOL. Chelsea Fan TV will be showing our preseason games for free. I assumed Arsenal would do same. Surprise surprise! Arsenal wants money.

Though I am watching on ArsenalTV but via hesgoal.top
Benefits of Sugar Daddy...
Fans prefer to cry in a benzo than smile on Okada.

But I understand. You will all chip in to pay for Havertz and Rice.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Game ended 1 - 1. Both teams had great chances to take the W.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

balo wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:12 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:23 pm :laugh:
Very strong team for the friendly today.
Little surprising.
Rams, Gabriel, White, Partey, Saka all starting.
Jesus and Balogun on bench
Saka just scored with a powerful long range.
Balo, hol up.
Are you a closet Gunner?
Come dude, the truth will set ya free
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

balo wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:58 pm Game ended 1 - 1. Both teams had great chances to take the W.
Lol stop it.
It was total domination.
Jorginho’s slow feet and the clueless
Back up goalies mad decision to pass it to
him led to the goal. Which actually looked
like an O.G.

Balogun dribbled the goalie and managed to shoot wide. Jesus missed a one vs one with the keeper and I think it was Balogun who again shanked off the post with an empty net, albeit from a tough angle
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I dunno what the signing of Rice means for Partey
but the lad looked in mid season form.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm
balo wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:58 pm Game ended 1 - 1. Both teams had great chances to take the W.
Lol stop it.
It was total domination.
like an O.G.

Balogun dribbled the goalie and managed to shoot wide. Jesus missed a one vs one with the keeper and I think it was Balogun who again shanked off the post with an empty net, albeit from a tough angle
All this explanation for a preseason game against a div 2 team :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

It’s too early to make any judgement but this
Havertz fella just … argh I dunno .. keeping fingers
crossed. Arsenal just doesn’t do well with Chelsea rejects ….
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:28 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm
Lol stop it.
It was total domination.
like an O.G.

All this explanation for a preseason game against a div 2 team :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: can you imagine...assanal fans will never ever disappoint
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Jurrien Timber signs for Arsenal

https://www.arsenal.com/news/jurrien-ti ... etherlands international Jurrien Timber has joined us from Ajax on a long-term contract.

The 22-year-old defender was a key member of the Ajax team, where he made 121 senior appearances in all competitions, winning two league titles and a Dutch Cup during his time with the Amsterdam side.

Jurrien joined Ajax’s academy in 2014 with his twin brother Quinten, who currently plays for Eredivisie side, Feyenoord.

The versatile player signed his first professional contract for Ajax in 2018 and went on to make his senior debut in a 3-1 win over SC Heerenveen in March 2020.

Jurrien was a member of the Netherlands squad for both UEFA Euro 2020 and the 2022 FIFA World Cup, making his senior debut for the national team in June 2021, when he started in a 2-2 friendly against Scotland.

Sporting Director Edu said: “We are very happy to bring Jurrien to Arsenal. He is a player that we have admired for a long time, so it’s a credit to everyone in our team that made this happen.

“Jurrien is a young talented international player, who fits our vision of competing with a young strong squad. I know Jurrien cannot wait to get started and we’re really hoping that he will be a great success here for many years.”

Manager Mikel Arteta added: “We’re really excited that Jurrien has joined us. He is a versatile young defender, who will fit into our system and provide our squad with so much added quality.

“Jurrien is a young player, but has already achieved so much. He has experienced what it’s like to go to a major international tournament on more than one occasion, as well as the trophies he has won with Ajax. We look forward to welcoming and integrating Jurrien into the squad.”

Jurrien will wear the number 12 shirt (get yours now) and everyone at Arsenal welcomes Jurrien to the club.

The transfer is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Declan Rice officially unveiled as an Arsenal player.
Won’t say I’m that excited about the signing … for that price.
I really understand what Wenger used 2 whinge ‘bout when it came
to the “English Tax” on players.

105 mill on a player like Rice is obscene.
Lemme hear folks come back and whinge
about the American owners again ..
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal projected starters. Better than last year. Still lack a 20 plus a season goalscorer but the depth is better.
Ramsdale
White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko
Odegard, Partey, Rice
Saka, Jesus, Harveth

Turner
Hiro, Timber, Kiwior, KT
Viera, Jorginhno , Smith Rowe.
Nelson, Trossard/Nkettiah, Martineli
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:43 pm Arsenal projected starters. Better than last year. Still lack a 20 plus a season goalscorer but the depth is better.
Ramsdale
White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko
Odegard, Partey, Rice
Saka, Jesus, Harveth

Turner
Hiro, Timber, Kiwior, KT
Viera, Jorginhno , Smith Rowe.
Nelson, Trossard/Nkettiah, Martineli
You’re gonna bench Martinelli for Havertz?
Ok it’s yer opinion
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

There is no such thing as bench. They will all get a lot of game time.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

120 million for Rice?

And they cannot afford Osimehn ?

What a bunch of nonsense.

Osimehn is more valuable than Rice and Timber combined.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:03 pm Gooners for life.

I think it's about time to open a new thread for the incoming season, with hope. Moreso as we await in a matter of hours the announcement of Saliba's new contract. Hopefully that good news will be harbinger of more great news of our great club.

Let's go Gooners.
We Gooners have so much to look forward to. Onwards and upwards.

Top 4 and a trophy is my minimum hope.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:53 pm Declan Rice officially unveiled as an Arsenal player.
Won’t say I’m that excited about the signing … for that price.
I really understand what Wenger used 2 whinge ‘bout when it came
to the “English Tax” on players.

105 mill on a player like Rice is obscene.
Lemme hear folks come back and whinge
about the American owners again ..
American owner was forced by protests into spending. The Arsenal fans forced the issue.

Credit to him, he has spent money, and thanks to Wenger who made the sacrifices paying off the stadium mortgage.

Look at Spurs with the huge debt of the stadium. Despite improved TV money and use of stadium as a concert venue, they are shopping at 2nd tier hoping they become better players to improve the team. It is exactly what we did to get by with our stadium debts.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:36 pm
azuka wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:42 pm Hurrayyyyy :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Arsenal confirm William Saliba has signed new four-year contract

Arsenal confirm William Saliba has signed new four-year contract
By David Ornstein
25m ago

Save Article
Arsenal have confirmed William Saliba has signed a new four-year contract that will commit him to the club until 2027.

The 22-year-old defender has put pen to paper on a deal — which The Athletic revealed last month had been agreed — worth in the region of £10million a year.

The terms do not include an option to extend but, in keeping with other Arsenal contracts, there is no release clause.

ADVERTISEMENT

The France international’s previous contract was scheduled to expire in 2024 and, given Arsenal had activated an option to take it that far, there was no provision for a further extension.

But the north London side have now secured his services for longer, amid strong interest from other teams in the Premier League and abroad.

Edu, Arsenal’s sporting director, told the club’s website: “William is part of our vision to keep our talented young players, who will hopefully be successful with us for many years to come, so that we can grow and progress together.”

Mikel Arteta said: “To have William extend his contract with us was something we have wanted to do for a long time. William proved last season just how good and how important he is to our squad.

“The ability he has at his young age of just 22 is exciting, and there is of course so much more room for development with any player at this stage of their career. We’re looking forward to continuing to work with William in the years to come.”

Follow the summer transfer window with The Athletic…

Transfer blog — live updates
Premier League done deals
Saliba, who will wear the No 2 shirt next season, was a key player last season as Arsenal challenged for the Premier League title. He missed the last 11 games through injury, which coincided with a drop in form and saw Mikel Arteta’s side slip from the top of the table behind eventual champions Manchester City.

Saliba follows his team-mates Bukayo Saka, Gabriel, Gabriel Martinelli and Aaron Ramsdale in signing a new contract with the north London side.

Saliba joined Arsenal from French side Saint-Etienne in 2019 but spent significant spells out on loan. He returned to Saint-Etienne for the rest of the 2019-20 season. He spent the first half of the 2020-21 campaign with Arsenal before moving to Nice in January.

ADVERTISEMENT

He then had a season on loan with Marseille before returning to Arsenal last summer. Saliba played 27 times in all competitions as Arsenal missed out on the title but qualified for the Champions League.

https://theathletic.com/4673642/2023/07 ... -contract/
This was the one extension that I must give Edu and Arteta credit for. Even Mikel admitted he was worried about his relationship with Saliba @ the beginning of the season but credit to them to two bosses.

One thing they have done over Wenger is keep their young talent at home with all the hounds hovering over them. They have to win something big soon though or else all the sweet talk may not help keep the dam from collapsing. English football has some deep pockets now with the Sheikhs in Newcastle and potentially another one in Manchester.
They have money, so they can do what Wenger could not do. Besides, Wenger's sacrifices has made what we are enjoying today's possible. The vast majority of us love and respect the man for what he did for us.

Arteta spent more money in two seasons than Wenger did in his time at the Emirates.

Don't compare them to Wenger, and if you have to, put some context.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:37 pm
azuka wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:03 pm Gooners for life.

I think it's about time to open a new thread for the incoming season, with hope. Moreso as we await in a matter of hours the announcement of Saliba's new contract. Hopefully that good news will be harbinger of more great news of our great club.

Let's go Gooners.
We Gooners have so much to look forward to. Onwards and upwards.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: 600 million spent! Definitely gotta look forward.

I will be watching the United v Arsenal game live in New York. I am flying in specifically for that game. :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:37 pm

260 million Euros, highest spending club in the whole of Europe, and one trophy + top 4 is "hope," not even "expectation." :rotf: :rotf: Na lie! we no gree. The narrative to downplay the team so that when the inevitable happens, it can be played off, no go work. :lol: I am familiar with your game!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is Declan Rice really worth £105m? I’ve only watch’s him a few times with England and West Ham but the player I saw was no better than Partey shielding the defense and no better than Jorginho going forward. Is he worth that much or are Arsenal too happy to pay the England player tax?
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:26 pm Is Declan Rice really worth £105m? I’ve only watch’s him a few times with England and West Ham but the player I saw was no better than Partey shielding the defense and no better than Jorginho going forward. Is he worth that much or are Arsenal too happy to pay the England player tax?
he is a good player. I like him. However, he is not worth close to that amount, not even close. Like I mentioned earlier, he isnt as good as the Casemiros and Rodris. And I do not believe he is better than Partey or Xhaka. Just younger and may end up being better, but not now.

Its quite interesting how the club and their fans are celebrating this. LIke they have signed a generational talent or someone who can bring titles "single-handedly." :lol:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:54 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:26 pm Is Declan Rice really worth £105m? I’ve only watch’s him a few times with England and West Ham but the player I saw was no better than Partey shielding the defense and no better than Jorginho going forward. Is he worth that much or are Arsenal too happy to pay the England player tax?
he is a good player. I like him. However, he is not worth close to that amount, not even close. Like I mentioned earlier, he isnt as good as the Casemiros and Rodris. And I do not believe he is better than Partey or Xhaka. Just younger and may end up being better, but not now.

Its quite interesting how the club and their fans are celebrating this. LIke they have signed a generational talent or someone who can bring titles "single-handedly.
" :lol:
That's why I had to come to this thread and ask the question. They're making rap videos over Declan Rice like he's a messiah. :laugh:
I thought I was the only one but I don't believe their MF is any better but they have more depth unless they sell Partey. Imho, I think Jorginho might be the more effective player.
OCCUPY NFF!!