Tella Hopes For A Nigeria Call

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Tella Hopes For A Nigeria Call

Post by Damunk »

So he’s in the bag.
Like he says, he just needs to prove himself worthy (read: “no quota, no favours” :tic:) and if called, he will come.
Bayer's England star Tella hopes for a call from Nigeria
Bayers England-Star Tella hofft auf Nigeria-Anruf

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/baye ... e.com%252F

During the first international break of the season, Victor Boniface (22) made his debut for the Nigerian senior national team in a 6-0 win against Sao Tomé and Principe in Africa Cup of Nations qualifying. However, the new striker from Bayer Leverkusen may not be the only national player for Nigeria that the Werkself will have to release in the future.

Because: The Englishman Nathan Tella (24) also has a Nigerian passport; his parents come from Nigeria. The dream of the new Leverkusen winger is a call-up for Nigeria's national team - Tella revealed that during his presentation at the BayArena.
Tella: "I've always said for the last three or four years that Nigeria is a big part of my life - even though I've been an 'England boy' from London all my life."

Tella has already made his decision
Tella was born in Lambeth, a southern borough of London. He never played for the English FA selection. There was apparently no contact with the Nigerian association yet. However, the player has already made a decision for himself.

“If I got the chance to play for Nigeria, I would be more than happy and accept it. I've already told my parents and friends that I would do that," explains Tella, who was trained at Arsenal FC's youth academy and always followed the African Championship games with great interest.

Leverkusen's most expensive purchase of the transfer summer - he came from FC Southampton for just under 20 million euros - but also knows that he still has a way to go to play for the "Super Eagles": "You're not just nominated like that, You have to work for it and earn it. I want to prove myself here if I get the chance to play. I want to develop further, help the team and the club – if a call comes for an international call-up, that would be a bonus.”
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tella Hopes For A Nigeria Call

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

With Musa seemingly out of SE he does have a chance to get that 4th winger spot if he starts performing regularly for a strong Bayer team. However, what we need to see the most from him are assists, crosses and the ability to keep thing tight in MF.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He should replace Nacho.

Nacho is the one taking the 4th winger spot. Undeservedly.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'm hearing Peseiro is monitoring Folorunsho and Tella for possible call ups ahead of the WCQs
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:44 am I'm hearing Peseiro is monitoring Folorunsho and Tella for possible call ups ahead of the WCQs
Sauce ?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Call to do what? Be a water boy?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Call to do what? Be a water boy?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:18 am
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:44 am I'm hearing Peseiro is monitoring Folorunsho and Tella for possible call ups ahead of the WCQs
Sauce ?
'I'm hearing' does not usually have any credible 'sauce' :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ikemba wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:03 am
Sauce ?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:16 am With Musa seemingly out of SE he does have a chance to get that 4th winger spot if he starts performing regularly for a strong Bayer team. However, what we need to see the most from him are assists, crosses and the ability to keep thing tight in MF.
We already have quality players that can go wide. Besides, Chukwueze, Lookman, and Simon whom are traditional wingers. The likes of Moffi and Orban, etc. has great potential to go wide as well. We also have good full backs like Zaidu, Osayi, Aina, etc. etc. that are good with crosses from the wide. Nathan just have to up his games and bring in something that can make him a consideration for the Super Eagles. We are currently loaded in attack, and he may just be surplus to requirement, even Akpom and Orban are not even considered as it stands.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

onovo wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:08 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:16 am With Musa seemingly out of SE he does have a chance to get that 4th winger spot if he starts performing regularly for a strong Bayer team. However, what we need to see the most from him are assists, crosses and the ability to keep thing tight in MF.
We already have quality players that can go wide. Besides, Chukwueze, Lookman, and Simon whom are traditional wingers. The likes of Moffi and Orban, etc. has great potential to go wide as well. We also have good full backs like Zaidu, Osayi, Aina, etc. etc. that are good with crosses from the wide. Nathan just have to up his games and bring in something that can make him a consideration for the Super Eagles. We are currently loaded in attack, and he may just be surplus to requirement, even Akpom and Orban are not even considered as it stands.
Like they say, ‘when it rains, it pours’.
I just wish it was raining this way in our central defence.
And maybe even enjoy the ‘Cameroonian rains’ in the goalkeeping area….
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:21 am
Like they say, ‘when it rains, it pours’.
I just wish it was raining this way in our central defence.
And maybe even enjoy the ‘Cameroonian rains’ in the goalkeeping area….
Absolutely, Goalkeeping is our weakest link. Uzoho no be am. Lets pray that Okoye comes back to reckoning with Udinese.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:24 am He should replace Nacho.

Nacho is the one taking the 4th winger spot. Undeservedly.
The division 2 benchwarmer needs to be chased out of the Super Eagles asap. Nathan Tella with Leverkusen has a better club profile than him. Even Akpom and Orban has more decent profile. "Operation say no to division 2 benchwarmers and backwater league players". Our Super Eagles is a brand which most be hold to high esteem.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:36 am Call to do what? Be a water boy?
You are just hating because Bret hart's clients are getting calls to the SE... none of yours are even on the radar. You have no eye for quality footballers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Nathan shoots effectively with both feet and is also a good central midfielder. He is not just a winger.

Boniface was a midfielder before he became a winger and then a wide forward. He can do it all and also shoots with both feet. So can Simon.

Nacho and Samu are one footed.

As for goalkeepers, Atubolu should be convinced to give Ojo, Adebayo, Maduka and Uzoho a run for their money.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sauce ?
A retard with history of mental illness tells you he is "hearing" things and you dey ask am for source. Well, thats why you said "sauce." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:03 am
Sauce ?
:woot: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

So what should he do? Kill his dream and retire from international football? Moffi did not get called up the last time, should he also have given up and retire? After all, we already have quality players in the CF position.

Nathan plays for one of the best performing teams in Europe. Truth is that he should be in contention for a call up, if there was fairness in our selection process. Anyway, with his amazing display for Burnley last season, I have no doubt that like Boniface, he will make it impossible for the coach to ignore him.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:03 am
Sauce ?
:rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Let him first settle down at his club and start playing regularly then the rest will follow…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:29 am Let him first settle down at his club and start playing regularly then the rest will follow…
Abi o!
I am happy
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:47 pm
So what should he do? Kill his dream and retire from international football? Moffi did not get called up the last time, should he also have given up and retire? After all, we already have quality players in the CF position.

Nathan plays for one of the best performing teams in Europe. Truth is that he should be in contention for a call up, if there was fairness in our selection process. Anyway, with his amazing display for Burnley last season, I have no doubt that like Boniface, he will make it impossible for the coach to ignore him.
He has a blistering pace and a quick foot like Samu. My point is he has to raise up his game to be in contention for attack. Yes, definitely he is far way better than that division 2 benchwarmer disguising as a star boy. As it stands, the division 2 benchwarmer must leave for Nathan/Orban to be considered.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Watching him in the Europa league today against Molde. Let's see how he performs.

Btw, Levurksen is flying at the moment. They are at the top of thr Bundesliga and have won all their games this season with the exception of a 2-2 draw with Bayern Munich.