Who's the next coach abeg?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Who's the next coach abeg?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so we no dey even pay the bobo sef...chei
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

icee wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:48 pm The solution cannot be change the coach EVERY time. Time to look elsewhere...

I think we put our players in the condition to be sub par. For example, Falcons arrived at the last WC in Australia just hours before playing Canada. If you want to win, YOU MUST be prepared. That is poor prep right there. Same thing happened here. I know the falcons got better results vs expectation. Issue is we will not always escape poor prep.

NOTE- I am not saying our coach is great. I think Rohr was better overall on/off the field ..but we gotta look forward. I am saying the biggest problem right now, is our administrative prep to this games and next is....players(this is inclusive of lack of availability of key players - we are not that deep). The 3rd problem is GK. This can either be merged with #2 or #4 or both. I rewatched the game, the goal was Uzo's fault. Position and time to react was awful. Should have punched that out for a corner. The 4th problem is the coach
Yet, some people still believe Uzoho shouldn't have done better for the goal.

Of all 4 problems you listed, the coach is the main culprit. He has been with us now for over a year and he still doesn't have any recognisable style or system of play. The guy is a very poor coach and it was obvious from day one.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

I don't think Pisero or Pisoro is great. I do think he has a playing style. In most of his games, he favours fast transitions via the wings, playing from the back. Here's a link - We had crosses into the box in double digits -

We had 5 corner kicks to 0 in addition to the open field wing attacks. The corner ratio was similar in the Mozambique game we had 10 vs 1 for Mozambique

Back to open play attacks from the wings: Just as you can see in video link vs Zim, passes were mistimed with folks not on the same page. The idea is the right one - I have seen this wing transition consistently but execution has deteriorated - in prior games we had several clear cut chances and shots on goals.

1. Against Lesotho, we had a total of 14 shots, 8 shots on goal vs Lesotho's 2 shots, we drew 1:1
2. Against Mozambique we had 9 shots on vs 3 MZM. Of the 9, 6 of them where on goal - all of 3 of Mozambique's shots were on goal and they scored 2 of the 3. (sources - https://www.soccerpunter.com/match/1901 ... vs-Nigeria)
3. Against Saudi, we had 15 shots against Saudi's 4. of the 4 of Saudi's shots, 3 of them were on Goal and they scored 2, game ended 2-2.

You see a clear pattern - we concede > 50% of shots against us but more key is..it doesn't have to be more than 4 shots. The latter is the most telling. In many cases we are conceding more than 60% of our shots on goal against us and WE are not converting as many of the shots from the chances we create.

The above is why I am not jumping on the new coach bandwagon. The data tells me we create loads of chances EXCEPT yesterday, the crosses didn't result in attempts on goal - I see a chemistry issue here. Is it then due to selection or players that dropped out, logistics or the coaching actually is that bad?

We are not Lethal off the chances we create

And the big one - you only need one shot or two to score against us no matter the distance. I will do a summary on distance soon going back to the Ghana game. I think Uzo may have some sort of an eye /coordination problem - I'm serious about this. If that's the case, start someone else
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It was predictable they will find an excuse to keep him on. If he is fired today how much will the NFf owe him? Shouldn't be more than a few months. What is the contingency plan if Peseiro takes the Zamalek job or if he is not retained after Afcon?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria problem is complex but the biggest problem right now is the coach. The reality is the SE is the golden goose of the NFF. The SE coach got everything he needed in terms of preparation. Played several friendless and etc. Yes I agree the zNFF got to do better in regards to the Falcons and etc but they have given Peseiro every thing he needed. Peseiro is a bad coach and they need to find the money to fire him. Let's use Afcon to prepare for the rest of world cup qualification. There is no more margin for error. Got to beat South Africa twice.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well if they keep him, he should be gone by jan/feb... dude ain't winning AFCON or even getting to the Semis. so nothing spoil. The FA should start looking for a better coach for the March FIFA window, so come June , we get ready for SA and Benin
SuperEagles

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

December, January and February. That is like 3 months and back payments. Should be less than 600K to sack him.

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:38 pm well if they keep him, he should be gone by jan/feb... dude ain't winning AFCON or even getting to the Semis. so nothing spoil. The FA should start looking for a better coach for the March FIFA window, so come June , we get ready for SA and Benin
BP...... "winning" we aren't getting out of the group with him in charge! I will bet anyone it will be our worst AFCON ever!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:42 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:38 pm well if they keep him, he should be gone by jan/feb... dude ain't winning AFCON or even getting to the Semis. so nothing spoil. The FA should start looking for a better coach for the March FIFA window, so come June , we get ready for SA and Benin
BP...... "winning" we aren't getting out of the group with him in charge! I will bet anyone it will be our worst AFCON ever!
well, his contract states he must get to the semis, so there for ..torey no go wowo anymore
SuperEagles

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:58 pm
As much stick as Pinnick used to get on these pages, this is one area that he excelled in. Finding sponsors and fundraising. We are back to civil servants sitting their butts in executive chairs waiting on govt funding to pay coaches. This is one reason why I will never classify Pinnick as a failure. I met him personally at Lagos Airport and thanked him for making the NFF self sufficient when everyone else was spitting at him.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

greg wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:53 pm
As much stick as Pinnick used to get on these pages, this is one area that he excelled in. Finding sponsors and fundraising. We are back to civil servants sitting their butts in executive chairs waiting on govt funding to pay coaches. This is one reason why I will never classify Pinnick as a failure. I met him personally at Lagos Airport and thanked him for making the NFF self sufficient when everyone else was spitting at him.
Pinnick made the NFF self sufficient in la la land.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:33 pm Image
Bigpokey24, you are paying this chap $50 - 70k a month. Boba la nonsense :mad:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:50 pm Surely Peseiro is gone after today, I can't take this anymore. Let's just ride it out with Amunike and Finidi for the AFCON, surely can't do any worse than this fat f**k
He has apologised….we will win AFCON now :curse: :curse:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:42 pm
U guys don’t see the big issue here….WE CANNOT PAY $50k TO A NATIONSL COACH WTF!

If we sack him who do u employ? Egu again!!!!

Please let’s keep him …he has apologised
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This whole situation makes me sad. We had the opportunity to let him go in July. I said on this platform don't renew his contract. They attacked me. I can bump past threads. Now look at the mess.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The NFF should reach out to Tobi and uncle Cellulite. They will just write a check sharp sharp.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:34 pm The NFF should reach out to Tobi and uncle Cellulite. They will just write a check sharp sharp.

Direct to the guy. :veryangry:

Not any pass throughs.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF is telling lies. there was no substantive minister in July that would have sanctioned the payment for Peseiro. And the NFF was the one that hired Pesiero not the Sports ministry. They should just approach one of the sponsors and pay the guy off. It is a shame that foolish people actually gave him a new contract.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am book marking all of this threads for future remimnder. Because I know in 2 years another Wowo movement will want another heeyou journey man coach to coach Nigeria. It doesn't matter if he was fired from Kuwait or even Bel muda triangle. All that matters to them is he is a foreigner and he is a white man. His coaching philosophy or his ability doesn't matter.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:07 am I am book marking all of this threads for future remimnder. Because I know in 2 years another Wowo movement will want another heeyou journey man coach to coach Nigeria. It doesn't matter if he was fired from Kuwait or even Bel muda triangle. All that matters to them is he is a foreigner and he is a white man. His coaching philosophy or his ability doesn't matter.
Ohenhen1

But that isn't new. It keeps re-occurring i.e. from indigenuous to foreign and back and so forth. What else is new?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics