OSIMEHN IS A FAKE AFCON PLAYER OF YEAR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OSIMEHN IS A FAKE AFCON PLAYER OF YEAR

Post by Undertaker »

His football IQ is very low. I wouldn't want him in my club!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:31 pm I have not called for Osimehn to be benched. He remains our best striker in terms of his overall output.

But his finishing IS HORRIFIC, add to that his amateurish inability to stay onside.

He IS NOT world class.
I watch all Napoli matches. His finishing isn’t horrible. He scores more than he misses, but he does kill birds once in a while. Boniface is a worse finisher.

https://billycarpenter.substack.com/p/s ... or-osimhen
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:51 pm What an overrated, overhyped player.

I am ashamed he is African player of the year.

Cannot stay onside to save his life.

Cannot finish easy chances.

He should have had at least 3 goals today.

That miss was just horrific. It wasn't even close.

This guy has let Nigeria down BIG TIME.

As far as I am concerned he is just as responsible as Uzoho for us missing Qatar.

I dont want to hear another word about Pesseiro. Is he supposed to step on the field and score the goals.

Osimehn should be ASHAMED.
Let's not bury our own. Let's see what some encouragement can do since calling them names aint working. I will love Oshimen to watch videos of Odion or Ishak or Mani to see how these guys run intelligently and beat offsides to score goals time and time again. There's a reason why Igalo seemingly scored tons of easy goals - positioning IQ. A subset of this IQ reveals itself in beating offsides.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

100%Naija wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:21 pm No one hates on their own quite like ze Nizerians..Vancity Eagles, you need to be on mood altering prescription. Your head no dey house at all.
:rotf: I never knew men could be this emotional
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

icee wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:49 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:51 pm What an overrated, overhyped player.

As far as I am concerned he is just as responsible as Uzoho for us missing Qatar.

I dont want to hear another word about Pesseiro. Is he supposed to step on the field and score the goals.

Let's not bury our own. Let's see what some encouragement can do since calling them names aint working. I will love Oshimen to watch videos of Odion or Ishak or Mani to see how these guys run intelligently and beat offsides to score goals time and time again. There's a reason why Igalo seemingly scored tons of easy goals - positioning IQ. A subset of this IQ reveals itself in beating offsides.
Another emotional post that doesn't make sense! Are we talking of the same Ighalo that missed that chance against Argentina that fans threatened his life??...By the way, Osimhen has a 50% conversion rate for club and country, how manage?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:31 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:24 pm Boniface scores that.
Moffi scores that.
Umar scores that.
Umar would trip over his legs…we saw him at the last ANC abeg…
😂 😂 😂 Sadiq is Mr. Clumsy.

Moffi scores that but I won’t bet my life on Boniface scoring that. People forget that Boniface had a run games where he was missing chances like that for his club. I think he was affected by Patrick Schick coming back from his long injury layoff.
Last edited by packerland on Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

gochino wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:55 pm
icee wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:49 pm

Another emotional post that doesn't make sense! Are we talking of the same Ighalo that missed that chance against Argentina that fans threatened his life??...By the way, Osimhen has a 50% conversion rate for club and country, how manage?
Strikers miss chances. Ighalo missed the chance against the Argies doesn't still take away from his craft re-beating traps and positioning. The theme here is positioning. I am not crucifying him for missing that chance from Iwobi, I am saying there are other chances we can have if we beat the offside trap. He will miss some
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Can someone please delete the whole thread this is not how we treat our best player
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

As usual pre-mature condemnation and jaculations. Victor will come good and serve humble pie to all especially long suffereing victim Bushboy. He must be bristling to go at CIV. Dude will make amends. Na me talk am
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:24 pm Boniface scores that.
Moffi scores that.
Umar scores that.
They might not have been in place to create the chance.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Yes, Victor Osimhen has a below average game today for Nigeria. However, the fact is that at the moment his goals per game average is the second highest in the history of Nigerian national team. He is currently scoring 0.7 goals per game. The only one better was Elkanah Onyeali who played far fewer games and eons ago. Yekini did not score at that clip and no one else did. Let' that sink in.

His hustle is SUPREME, bar none!! The heart of a LION.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

This post might qualify as the worst in CE history.
The emotional instability of some forumites is incredible.
Dude has one bad day (by his standards that is) and someone wants to take his CAF POY award away.
Honestly, you make coming to this forum a depressing activity.
Try and find some objectivity or find another pastime if this one is so stressful.

Osimhen is will end up as Nigeria’s greatest ever striker and he’s already a very deserving African POY. If you can’t allow him the odd game here and there and if you think he has to be perfect in every department for you to be happy, that’s entirely on you.

I’m off to catch my flight. Can’t wait to support Osimhen and the boys live in the stadium against CIV on Thursday.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:10 am This post might qualify as the worst in CE history.
Dude has one bad day (by his standards that is) and someone wants to take his CAF POY award away.
Try and find some objectivity or find another pastime if this one is so stressful.

Osimhen is will end up as Nigeria’s greatest ever striker and he’s already a very deserving African POY. If you can’t allow him the odd game here and there and if you think he has to be perfect in every department for you to be happy, that’s entirely on you.

I’m off to catch my flight. Can’t wait to support Osimhen and the boys live in the stadium against CIV on Thursday.
Was not even a bad day to me. He missed a chance and keeper saved the other.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:10 am This post might qualify as the worst in CE history.

Of course it is a terrible post. I was yelling at my screen when he missed the chance but the abuse is unwarranted. He will be knocking himself and he will come out determined against Ivory Coast.

All the best with your travels, Bro.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:28 pm He’s a hustler he will put in a shift but he will also miss many chances, this particular miss though was amateurish, it went so far wide I want to believe his mask obscured his vision, like what was he shooting at? I hope they make it out the group. But let’s not kid ourselves, an Ighalo of 2019 buries that, Emenike of 2013 buries that. But they wouldn’t have put in all the other gra gra effort that Vic did that helped out the team in other ways. But as a striker your first job is to take your chances, everything else na jara…
The same dude who missed wide open net against Argentina? Nah. Nigerian strikers in general have poor technique and composure compared to top strikers in elite football

Wha choo looking at?!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Actually one of the BEST from VE

Maybe you all forgot how he supported CIV against the SE.

Or when he wished DEATH on someone that did nothing but coach SE to victory. He is yet to acknowledge that SE under Keshi actually won the AFCON trophy :taunt:

Don't even get me started on his hatred for the Elephant slayer, Mba.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:45 am

Actually one of the BEST from VE

Maybe you all forgot how he supported CIV against the SE.

Or when he wished DEATH on someone that did nothing but coach SE to victory. He is yet to acknowledge that SE under Keshi actually won the AFCON trophy :taunt:

Don't even get me started on his hatred for the Elephant slayer, Mba.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

At this age, one will expect to see raw hunger from Osimhen, but he appears willing only to play within himself. Hanging around the last defender may be strategic in these days of VAR, but his offside positioning is appalling. The key is whether he has another level to come, but that very much remains to be seen. That miss was unbelievable for a player of his pedigree. I don't think he works hard enough on his craft and may be submerged deep in his hype. He really needs to work hard.

Not convincing. Hope he improves in the next game.
Last edited by Goldleaf on Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He didn't even have a bad day. He got close to highest ratings on various football sites.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

There was nothing unique about Osimhen's miss. I've seen something like that a multitude of times from top strikers. It was a rushed kick, and he just didn't contact the ball properly. A combination of the bounce, surface, wind, etc, can all play a role in a mistimed kick. It can happen to any striker.

"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Wow because of one miss, now he is a fake African player of the year?, well we do have fans here that are lilly liveried but this one takes the cake

It takes some mental strength to be a fan and quite frankly a lot of us fail here and therefore should not be anywhere near decision making as it relates to the national team
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Wow because of one miss, now he is a fake African player of the year?, well we do have fans here that are lilly liveried but this one takes the cake

It takes some mental strength to be a fan and quite frankly a lot of us fail here and therefore should not be anywhere near decision making as it relates to the national team
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

gochino wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:50 pm
100%Naija wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:21 pm No one hates on their own quite like ze Nizerians..Vancity Eagles, you need to be on mood altering prescription. Your head no dey house at all.
:rotf: I never knew men could be this emotional
If i didnt see your name i would have suggested you were new here 😀