SE vs Cameroon Loading

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE vs Cameroon Loading

Post by ANC »

My line up

------------Victor Osi and Terem Moff

--------------Lookman -------Iwobi

--Zaidu---------Alhassan Yusu -------Aina

--Calvin Bassey Troost-Ekong Kenneth Omuero
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:26 am My line up

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:50 am
ANC wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:26 am My line up

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:D lets hear it
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

I notice Cameroon tend to focus when they don't have Onana in goal.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Huge, huge match-up. I am comfortable meeting Cameroon because as perennial rivals, our boys need no long motivational speeches. Cameroon is the old enemy, and as they did in 2019, they must fall. Both sides still have players who played in that match.

SE must win.

You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I hope we are wearing white vs Cameroon o.
Ehen…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:25 pm I hope we are wearing white vs Cameroon o.
Ehen…
But Amokachi said it is the white jersey that is jinxed, but I tend to agree with you.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:21 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:25 pm I hope we are wearing white vs Cameroon o.
Ehen…
But Amokachi said it is the white jersey that is jinxed, but I tend to agree with you.
Doesn’t it depend on who is the home team and who is the away team? I’m not sure, just asking.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Ehen…
Doesn’t it depend on who is the home team and who is the away team? I’m not sure, just asking.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

packerland wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:33 pm
Ehen…
Yes, it depends on the away/home team and the other team's jersey color.
But Damunk has the theory that Nigeria does poorly on the green jersey.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I don't see this current Nigeria team beating Cameroon. Aboubakar will be back and that makes Cameroon even more lethal in the air.
Missed Simon will have to cut off those hits useless dribbles. Cameroon has no midfield but four of Cameroons five goals have come from headers.
The wingers will have to be alerts at all times. Osihmen will have to find a way to stay onsite.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I've watched all their games. They are a solid, workmanlike side without much flair.

- Their most creative player is Nkoudou who I believe plays in the Turkish League. He's alright and his delivery can be good, but Ola Aina should be able to deal with him
- Anguissa is talented but can appear disinterested in the middle of the park.
- Toko Ekambi is Toko Ekambi. He will keep on trying and if you give him a chance he will score. If he were Nigerian he'd be at best our 3rd choice striker
- Their defense get as e be. They have conceded 6 goals already despite having a good Goalie in Ondoa. Gambia made them look amateurish at times

Bottomline is Nigeria is the more talented side. That said, Cameroon is Cameroon. They play hard and never give up. It will be a tough game. I honestly feel that we should win, however if we keep wasting chances then anything can happen.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Nkoudou plays in Saudi Arabia; my bad.

Aboubakar should represent a slight upgrade, but honestly, I don't see him troubling us more than Toko Ekambi
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Moses Simon will have to cut down on his useless dribbles.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bushboy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:04 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:43 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:19 pm This is a game where I expect OSIMHEN, LOOKMAN, IHEANACHO and IWOBI to step up big time cause these guys know what is at stake and our history with Cameroon...hopefully Yusuf will be fit for that clash, we will need his tenacity in midfield.
I can’t see Iheanacho playing in this tournament. Something doesn’t seem right, probably been sugar coating the level of his injury as they stupidly took him, else I can’t see why he hasn’t even gotten a minute of PT. It makes no sense, someone that’s lacking game time of late you want to give him some time during group stages to evaluate his fitness level. Is it in a knock out game that you will start trying to determine if he’s game fit or not…very weird…
I agree. But then Moffi hasn't played either, so who knows. I would have imagined at some point in the GB match, Moffi would have been given a run out. God forbid Victor is injured and we need to turn to Moffi. He would be completely cold off the bench.
I dont think you understand how bad the weather in CIV is. I think someone like Wakaman who is in CIV should inform you guys.

You guys also think this is "choosing." Bro, this is a major professional tournament! Fitness is on another level. This is how someone here was shouting for Aribo and I advised caution. We all saw what Aribo looked like when he played. You cant invite a guy from France (in winter) who just wrapped up his christmas vacation, and expect him to show up (without pre-tournament style training) and jump right into the tournament with this weather. You want to kill someone's child??? :lol: Bro, the weather is not favorable right now and that is why it was important for our NFF and coach to take the pre-training camp seriously and invite the full compliment of 27 players.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ehen…
Yes, I heard that.
I was wondering where that came from because the ‘evidence’ doesn’t support that belief.
It probably comes from one or two major losses in white which somehow stuck in the mind. Anyway, he’s thinking ‘jinx’. I’m more interested in the stats and more logical conclusions.
And from the post-Nike stats I last compiled about two years ago, we generally tend to do slightly better in white than dark green.

I’m actually getting my young nephew to compile outcomes of all teams in white and all teams in green at this AFCON.
Should be interesting. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:04 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:43 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:19 pm This is a game where I expect OSIMHEN, LOOKMAN, IHEANACHO and IWOBI to step up big time cause these guys know what is at stake and our history with Cameroon...hopefully Yusuf will be fit for that clash, we will need his tenacity in midfield.
I can’t see Iheanacho playing in this tournament. Something doesn’t seem right, probably been sugar coating the level of his injury as they stupidly took him, else I can’t see why he hasn’t even gotten a minute of PT. It makes no sense, someone that’s lacking game time of late you want to give him some time during group stages to evaluate his fitness level. Is it in a knock out game that you will start trying to determine if he’s game fit or not…very weird…
Maybe our team doctor is a quack. Nacho was passed fit but he’s yet to be available and Sadiq wahala. Also, Yusuf injury was supposedly a cramp. He had a scan which we don’t know the result of as he remains unavailable.
I dont believe "Nacho was passed fit." The coach likes him and like Musa a slot was reserved for him. If Ndidi was not out for 2 months - lets say he was out for 3 weeks, they'd have taken him, as well. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bamenda boy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:51 pm Moses Simon will have to cut down on his useless dribbles.
Moses Simon should not be starting.

If we finish our chances we will win this easily.

If we don't then we may even lose.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:20 pm
Odas wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:16 pm
waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:08 pm
Odas wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:10 pm
waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:57 pm The most disciplined team versus the most adventurous. Should make for good viewing
Just to be sure, which of the teams is the disciplined one and which is the most adventurous?

Abeg no vex, but I dey wate for your ansa, bro.
No vexation. Kwestion alway welcomable to me and myself.

With the possible exceptions of EQG and Morocco, Nigeria has had the best organisation and structure.

Cameroun, especially today, are kamikaze. Like who cares about tactics and structure? Just let rip.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I hear you bro. That Cameroon are Kamakaze is not surprising. They have been so for decades
In terms of personnel you could say Cameroon played 3-4-3 but at times that thing was like a 1960s 2-3-5
Cameroon was searching for goals/victory. I think the same idea, or mentality killed CIV and hence they conceded three more goals in quick succession.

Anyway, we go see sha. I hope our strikers will make us proud this coming Saturday
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

panafrican wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:33 pm Afcon 1984 in Abidjan :
Cameroon - Nigeria : 3-1
You can find the wonderful goal of "doctor" Theophile Abega (best player of afcon 1984) on YouTube

Afcon 1988 : Cameroon Nigeria : 1-0

Afcon 2000 : Cameroon Nigeria : 2-2 Cameroon wins the penalty shoot-out

In 2019, Nigeria won but it's forgotten :):):):)
You missed AFCON 2004 in Tunisia. We knocked them out. Etoo scored first. Okocha equalised from free kick and Utaka finished them off from a Kanu pass.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:05 pm
Ehen…
Yes, I heard that.
I was wondering where that came from because the ‘evidence’ doesn’t support that belief.
It probably comes from one or two major losses in white which somehow stuck in the mind. Anyway, he’s thinking ‘jinx’. I’m more interested in the stats and more logical conclusions.
And from the post-Nike stats I last compiled about two years ago, we generally tend to do slightly better in white than dark green.

I’m actually getting my young nephew to compile outcomes of all teams in white and all teams in green at this AFCON.
Should be interesting. :D
Damunk

Do not seek for facts in any belief system. It is like religious belief. Beliefs are never meant to be facts. It is simply embedded in the head and mind.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

airwolex wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:46 pm I've watched all their games. They are a solid, workmanlike side without much flair.

- Their most creative player is Nkoudou who I believe plays in the Turkish League. He's alright and his delivery can be good, but Ola Aina should be able to deal with him
- Anguissa is talented but can appear disinterested in the middle of the park.
- Toko Ekambi is Toko Ekambi. He will keep on trying and if you give him a chance he will score. If he were Nigerian he'd be at best our 3rd choice striker
- Their defense get as e be. They have conceded 6 goals already despite having a good Goalie in Ondoa. Gambia made them look amateurish at times

Bottomline is Nigeria is the more talented side. That said, Cameroon is Cameroon. They play hard and never give up. It will be a tough game. I honestly feel that we should win, however if we keep wasting chances then anything can happen.
Airwolex

Your take is similar to mine. I expect Nigeria to win like 2-0 but we need to cut down on horrific misses in front of gaping goals. The opportunities will be multiple against Cameroon.

Toko is a good player with quickness and dribbling skills and can be a problem, especially if he operates centrally. However, he will not do so if Aboubakar plays. Aboubakar can be more easily managed on the ground. The real danger comes when the ball is in the air because Aboubakar is supreme in the air and near the goal.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Aboubakar vs our CBs will be a battle especially in those aerial duels, if I were the coach, I'll instruct Bassey to man-mark him...Bassey has the physicality to bully Aboubakar (who is no easy customer in those physical duels as well).